Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.25)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 93 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png

Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.25)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Maserati Merak SS '80 (available for purchase Legend Cars)
  ・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
  ・Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
  ・Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 (available for purchase Legend Cars)

2. Brand Central
 - New color variations for the following three cars have been added to the Mazda Showroom for use in the Mazda Spirit Racing GT Cup 2022, an online event available only in Japan.
  ・Roadster NR-A (ND) '22
  ・Atenza Gr.4
  ・RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT

3. Café
 - The following Menu Book has been added:
  ・Menu Book No. 46: Historic Sports Car Masters (Collector Level 29 and above)
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 10: Collection: Honda NSX (Collector Level 36 and above)
  ・Extra Menu No. 11: Collection: Nissan Silvia (Collector Level 26 and above)

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (Championship: World GT Series) and watching the ending.

4. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・Historic Sports Car Masters
   - Spa-Francorchamps
   - Nürburgring Nordschleife
   - Goodwood Motor Circuit
  ・Gr.1 Prototype Series
   - Fuji Speedway
  ・Silvia Sisters
   - Tokyo Expressway – South Clockwise

5. Scapes
- "Whitby" and "Autumn Leaves" have been added to Curations in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - The simulation for tire heat generation and wear ratio has been adjusted.
 - The suspension geometry for each car has been adjusted.
 - The initial values for suspension parts have been adjusted.
 - The initial values for the Differential Gear (with Fully Customizable LSD equipped) on certain cars have been adjusted.
 - The Performance Points (PP) of some cars have been adjusted.
 - The conditions for mechanical damage occurring from a collision or contact if Mechanical Damage is set to Light or Heavy in the Race Settings have been changed. As a result, cars are now less likely to sustain damage after hitting a track wall or other obstacles.

2. Steering Controllers
 - Performance of the wireless controller has been adjusted.

3. Sport
 - In Daily Races and Championships, it is now possible to select the Styles of an Event-Specified Car. Please note that while it is possible to open the Car Settings menu on Event-Specified Car with Styles, only the tires can be changed.
 - A Points Table button has been added to the Quick Menu in Championships events.

4. My Page
 - We fixed an issue where achieving All Bronze or All Gold in License Tests, Missions, and Circuit Experiences would cause the milestone to show up multiple times.

5. Custom Race
 - Rival cars selected via 'Rivals Settings' > 'Rivals Selection' > 'Select from Garage' will now use the appropriate tires as per the Race Settings, regardless of whether you own the tires for that car.

6. Localization
 - Fixed various text localization issues.

7. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

• Penalty sensitivity for wall contact has also been adjusted to be significantly lower.
  • Accuracy of the rain on radar has been adjusted.
  • The name for the engine model of the 1970 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10) has changed to S20-GT-R-KPGC10
  • Tyre wear for Tokyo WTC600 has been increased to 15X
  • Select from Garage menu in Custom Race has been redesigned.
  • Rolling starts for Sport Mode and Private lobbies have been adjusted.
  • Mileage registration in Time Trial and restarting events has been fixed.
  • Mechanical damage for the WTC600 race at Tokyo has been adjusted to "light" and contact penalty has been removed.

Last edited:
You should know the drill by now: Post any changes not in the official patch notes. Refer to the post above to make sure you aren't posting what hasn't already been posted or posting any new engine swaps (Again, there's a link for that in the above post).

Also, the ability to sell cars is still not present so do not ask.

Post away.

Last edited:
The TAA blurriness has returned!

Last patch something happened and their AA solution was worse. As a result the game looked much sharper but less solid (PS5).

You could see disadvantages (ray-tracing had a lot of "points", every edge on the car had a little flickering), also some checkerboarding effect on smoke and other stuff like Headlight refraction on the ground.

And some advantages like Rain was much easier to see when in cockpit view for example...

Now it just looks like it did before the patch, thankfully. A little blurrier but much more solid overall.

I don't understand what happens at PD, sometimes some patches disable or worsen some effects, then next patch comes to correct those. This has happened at least 3 times already.

Depending on the race, tyre wear out will give you a few extra laps again like in the past, I also noticed that bumping side rails by accident is not “that” damage sensitive.

Last edited:
The name for the engine model for the 1970 Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) has changed to S20-GT-R-KPGC10 to reflect the introduction of the 1973 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110).

I noticed at the main menu it appears to be zoomed out a bit. Like the screen on my tv is now cutting out some of the clock and edges of the screen. Like when you adjust the screen size. I never changed anything on my TV or PS5. Now it’s a bit too big for my 55inch. I’ll have to adjust it I can’t remember how maybe in the PS settings. Lol.

Last edited:
I noticed at the main menu it appears to be zoomed out a bit. Like the screen on my tv is now cutting out some of the clock and edges of the screen. Like when you adjust the screen size. I never changed anything on my TV or PS5. Now it’s a bit too big for my 55inch. I’ll have to adjust it I can’t remember how maybe in the PS settings. Lol.
Just unplug your hdmi cord, plug it back and you’ll get the prompt from the console to resize back to screen if need be 🤣

Last edited:
I noticed the gear upshift on manual transmission is smoother/faster than before
Ah, indeed! No more spike in the revs during the upshifts! I dunno if there are any performance changes/benefits, but I never liked how the "powershifting" sounded.
A small change/fix, but I'm glad they did it.

Last edited:
Tyre wear on Tokyo WTC600 12 laps has increased to 15X,i thought it looked a bit high so i checked a screenshot from 11 days ago and it was at 12X.
Does this affect the AI at all, specifically Gallo's pit strategy?

Just unplug your hdmi cord, plug it back and you’ll get the prompt from the console to resize back to screen if need be 🤣

Cool trick. Didn’t know that. All is well now I played today and it was normal again. Odd. 😅

Last edited:
Tyre wear on Tokyo WTC600 12 laps has increased to 15X,i thought it looked a bit high so i checked a screenshot from 11 days ago and it was at 12X.
Tokyo had a tire wear multiplier of 9x, then 12x in August and now it's 15x. By December it will be 18x. :lol:

It's kinda funny because even at 15x I could do an extra lap since it seems they went back with tire wear values from previous updates.

An undocumented change that probably falls into the "Various other issues have been addressed": they fixed milage registration in Time-Trial and from restarting events.

In Time-Trial at any circuit, exiting before completing a lap would reset the car mileage.
It was also possible to lose milage on events using the restart button after finishing the race, but this didn't happened all the time.

Now it's fixed. In time-trial, even if you exit before starting the lap, the distance is recorded on your odometer.
For events, I did 3x 5-lap races, 2x Tokyo 600 and 1x Spa 1-hour. I pressed the restart button after finishing and milage was correctly registered.

And speaking of Spa 1-hour, they removed the aircrafts from the start of the race? :lol:
2Lxchbo.png

I

Back