Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.25)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 93 comments
The Mazda badges on the RX-Vision GT3 Concept and Atenza Gr.4 can now have decals applied on them under the "Other" section of the livery editor.

This has caused some liveries to not appear as intended. For reference, these are two photos I took of liveries I made for the aforementioned cars prior 1.25. In the following two photos, the badges of the aforementioned cars have a chrome finish.

Kadokawa Culture Museum_.jpeg

Link to photo on GT7 website

Link to RX-Vision livery

Gran Turismo® 7_20220417142414.png

Link to photo on GT7 website

Link to Atenza livery

With the badges now allowing for decals, applying the above linked liveries will result in oddities as shown below.

Kadokawa Culture Museum_.jpeg

Note the red decal on the brake cluster bleeding into the rear Mazda badge.

Aomori Museum of Art_.jpeg

Note the greyed out front Mazda badge on the grey Atenza, and the rear badge of the red car being greyed in the bottom half.

If these styles/liveries have been applied prior 1.25, the cars retain their correct look, i.e. the badges retain their chrome look. Applying these styles/liveries post 1.25 however, will result in these errors. I still have the correct looking cars in my garage as proof:

Aomori Museum of Art__1.jpeg

I advise anyone who's made liveries for these two cars to double check their creations.

This isn't undocumented though, right?

It's literally from the patch notes listed in the first post as something documented and therefore not to be subsequently posted in the thread, yes.

Yep and I'll take the blame on that one as it was one of the first changes I posted the very next day and completely forgot that was literally already documented.

Thread 'How come nobody is discussing about the AI that's been fixed ?' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...cussing-about-the-ai-thats-been-fixed.413404/
And that has what to do with Undocumented Changes? If you just wanted to say that the AI got fixed, then just post that instead of linking an entire thread.

And that has what to do with Undocumented Changes? If you just wanted to say that the AI got fixed, then just post that instead of linking an entire thread.
So do you mean "Fixed the AI" is mentioned somewhere in the update documentation?

If the AI programming has changed, and it hasn't been documented, what exactly is it, if not an Undocumented Change?

I linked to the other post to avoid duplication.

If you don't want people to contribute to your thread, why create the thread at all? I certainly won't ever contribute again.

Last edited:
So do you mean "Fixed the AI" is mentioned somewhere in the update documentation?

Not what I said

Nowhere did I say it was already mentioned, I just said all you could've just posted that the AI got fixed instead of posting the thread you made. No one else has posted this so it would've been fine to just have simply posted that.

If you don't want people to contribute to your thread, why create the thread at all? I certainly won't ever contribute again.
Again, I did not say that. Posting a link to a thread was not necessary when all you needed to do was just poste that the AI was fixed.

Last edited:
Nowhere did I say it was already mentioned, I just said all you could've just posted that the AI got fixed instead of posting the thread you made.
But what you did say is "And that has what to do with Undocumented Changes?". What exactly do you mean by this?

So if I had posted a few short words...

"The AI is fixed"

Then you would have berated me for not following your rules, vis:

"3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how"

If you thought about it, even for one second, how much chat might ensue in a thread about AI, you might agree that having your precious thread junked up with chat (and debate), is not useful.

Anyway you're obviously more interested in slapping me (for trying to help) rather than updating the original post with the changes that have been mentioned by others.

But what you did say is "And that has what to do with Undocumented Changes?". What exactly do you mean by this?

I meant the thread and only the Thread.
So if I had posted a few short words...

"The AI is fixed"

Then you would have berated me for not following your rules, vis:

"3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how"

Except no I wouldn't have so I'd appreciate if you didn't make such assumptions. At best, I would've asked if you could have provided proof due to me not having the game myself and not being able to confirm. As you quoted, "Its strongly advised" and it does not mean I would attack you for not posting proof. Alot of misunderstanding going here.
If you thought about it, even for one second, how much chat might ensue in a thread about AI, you might agree that having your precious thread junked up with chat (and debate), is not useful.

Is the fixed AI an Undocumented Change or not? If it is, then post it here simple as that. The thread was not needed and has never been needed, which was the point I was trying to make. The chat and debate, as long as it doesn't go off the rails, has never been a problem so I fail to see why its an issue now.
Anyway you're obviously more interested in slapping me (for trying to help) rather than updating the original post with the changes that have been mentioned by others.

I simply asked what does your thread have to do with undocumented changes. Literally no one else posts a thread about a undocumented change and links it here, which is why I asked. I'm not sitting here "slapping" you so I don't get where you get the idea I'm doing that or that I would berate you. Again, all you had to do was post what you think was an undocumented change instead of creating a whole thread just to link it. Again, you are misunderstanding me a ton by overreacting to me simply questioning an action of yours and its nots at all what you think it is.

I'd also appreciate if you didn't try to tell me to do my job just because I'm not doing it as quickly as you'd like. I have a pretty busy life myself so I will update the post with changes as I can when I can.

Last edited:
I meant the thread and only the Thread.

Except no I wouldn't have so I'd appreciate if you didn't make such assumptions. At best, I would've asked if you could have provided proof due to me not having the game myself and not being able to confirm. As you quoted, "Its strongly advised" and it does not mean I would attack you for not posting proof. Alot of misunderstanding going here.

Is the fixed AI an Undocumented Change or not? If it is, then post it here simple as that. The thread was not needed and has never been needed, which was the point I was trying to make.

I simply asked what does your thread have to do with undocumented changes. Literally no one else posts a thread about a undocumented change and links it here, which is why I asked. I'm not sitting here "slapping" you so I don't get where you get the idea I'm doing that or that I would berate you. Again, all you had to do was post what you think was an undocumented change instead of creating a whole thread just to link it. Again, you are misunderstanding me a ton and its nots at all what you think it is.

I'd also appreciate if you didn't try to tell me to do my job just because I'm not doing it as quickly as you like. I have a pretty busy life myself so I will update the post with changes as I can when I can.
Fair enough. I'd also appreciate it if you don't tell me what threads I'm allowed to create.

Now that we've cleared that up...

The reason for the separate thread is to discuss with the community, and quantify the specifics and depth of the AI changes, rather than just assume my singular observations are correct. It turns out that others are not seeing significantly improved behaviour from the AI, so further investigation is required. There's definitely been a change, but to what extent is uncertain.

I'll continue with the evaluation on the other thread and come back to you here after a consensus is reached.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I'd also appreciate it if you don't tell me what threads I'm allowed to create.

Let's clear this last bit of misunderstanding up while we're at it: All I suggested was that making a thread about a singular undocumented change didn't seem all that necessary as previous undocumented changes threads have had these discussions where multiple people have either disproved said changes or have helped confirm it (which tends to help someone like me without the game just that much more). I'm not here to tell anyone what threads they can or can't post as I'm not a mod. All I can do at best is keep people on topic here in this thread and make suggestions.
The reason for the separate thread is to discuss with the community, and quantify the specifics and depth of the AI changes, rather than just assume my singular observations are correct. It turns out that others are not seeing improved behaviour from the AI, so further investigation is required. There's definitely been a change, but to what extent is uncertain.
No problem with that. That's the kind of discussions that have been had here in these threads before, hence the suggestions I made.
I'll continue with the evaluation on the other thread and come back to you here after a consensus is reached.
Fair deal 👍

I posted this in the TT thread but I swear the Corvette ZR1 sounds different than it did pre-1.25. After the patch and everyone lowering their times, I logged on to do the same. As soon as I was driving I thought the car sounded much better... deeper/throatier like a high revving V8 should.

But, it could just be a placebo thing as I don't have any way to quantify it or prove it. Wondering if anyone else noticed or thinks the same... or should I check into the loony bin?

I dont know what pd is doing….
Heavy wet and inters looks now the same and have slikcolors on it.

Edit: the same on Gr.3 Cars……

Attachments

• AB8278C9-9219-4859-A934-18A915B462E9.jpeg
    AB8278C9-9219-4859-A934-18A915B462E9.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 0D1ACF31-B3B1-42A9-A71F-DC24AD8D5D7A.jpeg
    0D1ACF31-B3B1-42A9-A71F-DC24AD8D5D7A.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 294A6AD1-94B4-487B-805D-3DE54293CA83.jpeg
    294A6AD1-94B4-487B-805D-3DE54293CA83.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Supporting evidence for this (All credit to original posters):

Does that really need an EIGHT MINUTE video?!

I've not watched it, but that could be done by 20 seconds of side by side gear shifts plus intro/outro...

Does that really need an EIGHT MINUTE video?!

I've not watched it, but that could be done by 20 seconds of side by side gear shifts plus intro/outro...
Well, you don't need to watch the whole 8 minutes. Just watch 20 seconds if you like. I guess that, if OP had made a 20 second clip, then somebody else would have come and said "how come this is just a 20-second clip and not an eight-minute video?".

I watched the whole video and found it excellent. And extra kudos to original poster MotoGamesTV who put a lot of effort into recording, compiling and editing all these clips for us to enjoy without asking for anything more than a like and perhaps a follow.

But to each its own, I guess...

The TAA blurriness has returned!

Last patch something happened and their AA solution was worse. As a result the game looked much sharper but less solid (PS5).

You could see disadvantages (ray-tracing had a lot of "points", every edge on the car had a little flickering), also some checkerboarding effect on smoke and other stuff like Headlight refraction on the ground.

And some advantages like Rain was much easier to see when in cockpit view for example...

Now it just looks like it did before the patch, thankfully. A little blurrier but much more solid overall.

I don't understand what happens at PD, sometimes some patches disable or worsen some effects, then next patch comes to correct those. This has happened at least 3 times already.
I noticed this too on PS4. Most noticeable on the legendary dealership where the windshields on cars have a very visible grainy pattern.

Not sure if this was done in 1.24 or 1.25 but you're reset back on the racing line (:banghead:) much faster now when shortcutting turns even when racing offline.

Yes, I'm MotoGamesTV. I can prove that if you want ;)

One look at your profile (as well as one of your videos with a matching PSN) already did all of that for me. Just shocked to see you here.

As for your video, its helped confirm a fix as far as I can tell so I am not bothered by the length of it.

I dont know what pd is doing….
Heavy wet and inters looks now the same and have slikcolors on it.

Edit: the same on Gr.3 Cars……
Can confirm intermediates and wets are now visually identical even though the thumbnails still show a difference in tread.

A bizarre downgrade.

Can confirm intermediates and wets are now visually identical even though the thumbnails still show a difference in tread.

A bizarre downgrade.
Must be a bug. No reason to make them the same, it’s not like intermediates are performance heavy, it’ll probably be fixed in the next bug-fixing update or November update.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back