Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.25)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 93 comments
5. Custom Race
 - Rival cars selected via 'Rivals Settings' > 'Rivals Selection' > 'Select from Garage' will now use the appropriate tires as per the Race Settings, regardless of whether you own the tires for that car.

What does it means really?
Because it didn't change tires of rivals, rivals use same tires as before update. I surely missed something.

5. Custom Race
 - Rival cars selected via 'Rivals Settings' > 'Rivals Selection' > 'Select from Garage' will now use the appropriate tires as per the Race Settings, regardless of whether you own the tires for that car.

What does it means really?
Because it didn't change tires of rivals, rivals use same tires as before update. I surely missed something.

What tyres did they use before the update if the track was wet?

This may be the most useless undocumented change but the little cutscene after buying a legend car has ever so slightly changed (at least for me on regular PS4).
Pre 1.25

Last edited:
Maybe iam blind, but i dont see any difference.
Its not easy to spot them , even i wasen't sure the first time . Basically:
  1. The screen dosen't fade to black immediately after you buy a car.
  2. The car travels just a little bit further outside the dealer .
  3. The final fade out is a bit longer .

Its not easy to spot them , even i wasen't sure the first time . Basically:
  1. The screen dosen't fade to black immediately after you buy a car.
  2. The car travels just a little bit further outside the dealer .
  3. The final fade out is a bit longer .
1. This needs to be tested on one machine. There may be a difference in booting from the hard drive or some other related reason.
2. Absolutely the same.
3. Absolutely the same.

Just sync both videos after the scene starts.

Last edited:
With "look back" mapped to down/back on the right analog stick (a natural feeling mapping!), I noticed that holding half way on the stick changes the view from hood to digital gauges. Maybe useful, I guess??

Hadn't "tested" it pre-update, but I'm pretty sure I would have accidentally discovered it earlier if it was there. Haven't tested from other views.

With "look back" mapped to down/back on the right analog stick (a natural feeling mapping!), I noticed that holding half way on the stick changes the view from hood to digital gauges. Maybe useful, I guess??

Hadn't "tested" it pre-update, but I'm pretty sure I would have accidentally discovered it earlier if it was there. Haven't tested from other views.
This was in Sport and maybe even GT5 but I can't actually remember. You get some analog control of the in car view before going to the look back fixed camera.

What tyres did they use before the update if the track was wet?
The same as dry races. You mean now they use wet tires during rain?

Edit: I confirm they use wet tires, until you have to buy race tires, or they will not change into wet tires.

Last edited:
They only use wet tires if you buy race tires for these cars, or they still wear standard or sport tires.

And could they use wet tyres before the update if you only owned slicks? Or did you have to buy wet tyres before they could use them?

Does this affect the AI at all, specifically Gallo's pit strategy?
Yes and no. Gallo has varied his pit stops before, though if he misses one he keeps going full tilt. I saw Kokubun pit very late in the race. My tires are lasting 25% longer but every car ran yesterday needed more ballast or less power to meet PP, though the cars performed the same. I wish they would just scrap the PP system altogether and set regulations for each race instead of needing to re tune after every patch.
Also you can bulldoze them around a LOT more now.

Last edited:
Where are you getting the temperatures from? And I presume that temp/tire indicator is not from game?
Its not my video ;d You can find info here

Still no improvement regarding Porsche 918's WRONG gearing/hybrid system implementation :CCC ://..... I refuse to drive that car till this day because of that, even though I love it xd......

Still no improvement regarding Porsche 918's WRONG gearing/hybrid system implementation :CCC ://..... I refuse to drive that car till this day because of that, even though I love it xd......
Hybrid system got fixed back in August. But I think the gears are still messed up.

Penalty sensitivity for wall contact has also been adjusted to be significantly lower.
Wall damage has been reduced (and wall contact penalties has been removed) from the big money WTC600 race at Tokyo
What Tank said. I didn't want to believe it, but it's true. I wasn't expecting PD to outright get rid of the penalty, despite them going the lengths of making wall contact insufferably sensitive.

Did the Spa 1h race for the first time in a while last night and the lighting seemed much better at night? Can anyone confirm?!

Maybe I can pay someone to sit with me while I race and they can "look" towards the apex's or where my attention needs to be with the controller while I use my wheel. I'm surprised they didn't have an option for that like other games have had for years and years. I didn't think I would like it but I loved it in Project Cars 2.

Did the Spa 1h race for the first time in a while last night and the lighting seemed much better at night? Can anyone confirm?!
Seems the same, except I do notice the stars more than anything, you know what, now that I think about it’s more dark than usual, I used to drive with cars that had no headlights and used to see the track but now not as much!

I did notice also that when a tire runs out you do not spin out as much on that worn tire anymore, before it was a death sentence that would had sent you spinning

To be honest I don't know if it was mentioned here.. or maybe it was changed in one of the previous updates? Anyway...
Today I have noticed that AI is finally greately improved. It's not perfect but right now it looks to behave like AI in the GT Sport, which sees our car on the track and tries to avoid us (and it menages quite well).
As we all know, AI in GT7 didn't see us at all and rammed us without any sign of attention.. and right now it's finally back to the GT Sport state.

Back