Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.25)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 93 comments
To be honest I don't know if it was mentioned here.. or maybe it was changed in one of the previous updates? Anyway...
Today I have noticed that AI is finally greately improved. It's not perfect but right now it looks to behave like AI in the GT Sport, which sees our car on the track and tries to avoid us (and it menages quite well).
As we all know, AI in GT7 didn't see us at all and rammed us without any sign of attention.. and right now it's finally back to the GT Sport state.
I think you have some nostalgia goggles on here. GT Sport AI is the most bare bones implementation of an AI you can get. GT7 has always had it surpassed by far and large.

There have been talks of the AI being improved steadily - but to say it's going back to the way GT Sport AI was is disingenuous.

We must have played different games then if you say GT7 had better AI than the GT Sport. At launch AI in GT7 was almost like in the PS2 era (GT3 and GT4) and didn't see player's car at all.

We must have played different games then if you say GT7 had better AI than the GT Sport. At launch AI in GT7 was almost like in the PS2 era (GT3 and GT4) and didn't see player's car at all.
I'm not denying GT7 AI is stupid, it was and still is - but GT Sport AI was just as stupid & on top of that had no idea on how to drive fast. They'd consistently brake about 50-100m before they should do, brake on the apex, and trundle off slowly. They were just moving roadblocks, as in GT6.

GT7 AI still doesn't have much awareness (which is something that they seem to be working on) but at least it knows how to drive around a track properly.

5. Custom Race
 - Rival cars selected via 'Rivals Settings' > 'Rivals Selection' > 'Select from Garage' will now use the appropriate tires as per the Race Settings, regardless of whether you own the tires for that car.

What does it means really?
Because it didn't change tires of rivals, rivals use same tires as before update. I surely missed something.
Covered n the Custom Race thread. Nothing has changed since finding out about it June 13. AI cars would start on IM tyres on a damp track and switch to RS(even without buying the tyres). They've just added the official notes about it.

Back