Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 118 comments
Two things I've noticed:

- A new indicator when filling up with fuel shows how much is needed until the end of the race.

- It seems the wear of rain/intermediate tires has changed to be less dramatic. I was able to finish both new rainy 10-lap races on with them only wearing to about half.
That indicator has been there since 2017 when GT Sport launced :D

From anyone else's experience, has dirt accumulation increased on cars? I just took the 918 out for a spin at Willow Spring (not entirely on tarmac though), and after seven or eight laps I noticed very obvious dirt and dust accumulation all over the surface of the car. Even on the windshield, diffuser, and side windows. Has this always been here? I've never seen it so obvious before.

Last edited:
Seems that the 917 Living Legend has had its fuel capacity and/or consumption rate buffed after the 1.19 update. Before the update, at Watkins Glen with fuel map 6, I had to pit halfway during the 10 lap 800pp race for fuel. After the update, I can run the entire race without having to pit.

To make sure, I ran the same car on the 800pp race at Daytona. On 1.18, I could go 4 laps and then have to refuel. On 1.19, I could go for 8 laps, so it looks to be a 100% buff. I'm don't know if any other cars got this buff, so I'll try with a few more cars and see

Seems that the 917 Living Legend has had its fuel capacity and/or consumption rate buffed after the 1.19 update. Before the update, at Watkins Glen with fuel map 6, I had to pit halfway during the 10 lap 800pp race for fuel. After the update, I can run the entire race without having to pit.

To make sure, I ran the same car on the 800pp race at Daytona. On 1.18, I could go 4 laps and then have to refuel. On 1.19, I could go for 8 laps, so it looks to be a 100% buff. I'm don't know if any other cars got this buff, so I'll try with a few more cars and see
Hmmm, see if the Diablo GT doesn't have Hummer-like mpg

Weather radar seems to break after going into the pit lane on that 1 million credit race at Spa. Don't know if this happens on other events/custom races, but here's video evidence:

I was just about to post this. I didn’t see the weather radar glitching out on any other track though. Although posting this to the bug report thread might be better.

Last edited:
If you go to car collection, go to model year tab, then scroll down the list with the down arrow, this scrolling seems to go much faster and less laggy than before. Can anyone verify/confirm?

When you enter the pit lane and your car crosses the point where the start/finish line is, the lap is completed in the pit lane, rather than having to wait until you exit the pits before the lap is completed. Lap times have been adjusted accordingly.

I agree with the tire wear, they definitely lasted longer for me.

The fuel gauge has always been that way, unless you’re doing endurance race.
Yes, tire durability has seen a significant increase. It’s close to real life now. Racing Mediums and Racing Softs are now viable in the WTC races in World Circuits.

As a follow-up to my 917 LL post, I wanted to try out a few more cars to see if any other cars had their fuel consumption buffed. The Porsche Carrera GT and the Porsche 911 Strassenversion which are my go-to cars for the Le Mans credit grind seem to have no changes. The Ferrari FXX K that I use for the Sardegna credit grind also doesn't seem to have changed either.

And the pattern of the AI going into the pits in these races also doesn't seem to have changed, so probably no changes to fuel for those Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 cars. So it looks like only the 917 Living Legend has gotten its fuel usage buffed. There might be others, but this is the only one I'm sure of.

As an aside, PD hasn't changed the path the AI takes across the pit exit on Sardegna where there's a chance you get clobbered as you exit with no way to avoid it.
If you go to car collection, go to model year tab, then scroll down the list with the down arrow, this scrolling seems to go much faster and less laggy than before. Can anyone verify/confirm?
Yeah, I noticed that too. It used to take a couple of seconds for the car images to load, but after the update it looks like the images are already pre-loaded in.

Last edited:
When you enter the pit lane and your car crosses the point where the start/finish line is, the lap is completed in the pit lane, rather than having to wait until you exit the pits before the lap is completed. Lap times have been adjusted accordingly.

Yes, tire durability has seen a significant increase. It’s close to real life now. Racing Mediums and Racing Softs are now viable in the WTC races in World Circuits.
Running the neoclassical I was thinking they adjusted tire wear. It was listed as x9 or something but I could go 5 strong laps on softs and probably could have gone the entire race without them being completely red and used up.

I recall some races where 3/4 laps on softs and it would be 70%+ used up already

ZRO
From anyone else's experience, has dirt accumulation increased on cars? I just took the 918 out for a spin at Willow Spring (not entirely on tarmac though), and after seven or eight laps I noticed very obvious dirt and dust accumulation all over the surface of the car. Even on the windshield, diffuser, and side windows. Has this always been here? I've never seen it so obvious before.
...I think you might be right?

I did 10 laps at Willow in my S2000, only one incident of flying off the track due to missing a corner so it wouldn't have changed anything.

This is what the car looked like after.
1659126952524.png

Actual dirt build up! Importantly, this falls under the "oil stains" option which I assumed they forgot to implement completely.
Here is the same car with dust disabled, and then with both dust and oil stains disabled; for comparative purposes.

1659127117388.png
1659127131406.png

Here is a new one (on me anyway). Dodge Challenger RT '70 I wanted another engine swapped car so I built a new one from scratch today.

Fitted Wide Body Kit, no probs. Went to wheels to fit "Wide Offset" and can't do it anymore :-( Can still fit wide rims and larger diameter wheels though.

Anyone else seen this?

What also annoys me there is nowhere to actually check what wheels are currently fitted to your car. The only way to know is to refit them. So my question is "What has happened to the other cars that I have fitted the wide offset too? I know that my other Challenger was fitted with them so has it still got them now????.

Here is a new one (on me anyway). Dodge Challenger RT '70 I wanted another engine swapped car so I built a new one from scratch today.

Fitted Wide Body Kit, no probs. Went to wheels to fit "Wide Offset" and can't do it anymore :-( Can still fit wide rims and larger diameter wheels though.

Anyone else seen this?

What also annoys me there is nowhere to actually check what wheels are currently fitted to your car. The only way to know is to refit them. So my question is "What has happened to the other cars that I have fitted the wide offset too? I know that my other Challenger was fitted with them so has it still got them now????.
I noticed that back in 1.18 when I went to build a 2nd swapped Challenger with all the upgrades you can’t easily swap out in car settings (weight reductions, engine balance, etc.) it’s not new for 1.19 update. There are other cars I’ve previously noticed this with as well where you can’t fit wide offset wheels, but wasn’t making a list so can’t say exactly which ones. Not sure how they decided which ones can and can’t do wide wheels or wide offset on road cars and why or why not though.

Weather radar seems to break after going into the pit lane on that 1 million credit race at Spa. Don't know if this happens on other events/custom races, but here's video evidence:

This happened to me as well, but I didn't pit. It disappeared at around the 19 minute mark.

I feel the video replays are noticeably smoother after the last update. To me it looks like more up and down bouncing, less side to side twitching. Watching videos this morning has been much easier on the eyes than the last month or so. If you have a replay from last week and this week, compare them, to me the difference is big.

I feel the video replays are noticeably smoother after the last update. To me it looks like more up and down bouncing, less side to side twitching. Watching videos this morning has been much easier on the eyes than the last month or so. If you have a replay from last week and this week, compare them, to me the difference is big.
Are you on ps5 or ps4

Needs confirmation, but it would appear that the race no longer automatically ends when exiting the pitlane after the timer has reached zero in the Endurance Races.

The same bug occurred in Race of Turbosports.
And this bug also occurred in WTC PP700 Le Mans, although this one was only once.

It definitely occurs at Spa, but I believe it may randomly occur at other events as well.

Anyone else seen this?

I don't know if this is a change they intended to make or a bug, but as a muscle car enthusiast this is a disappointment.
I had a wide wheel/wide offset Challenger and I don't think I had any visual clipping issues with the brakes or hubs....

Adding onto Nebuc's post, that was not the only thing they have changed graphically on the PS5.

As I said before they are steadily tweaking their TAA solution. I think 1.19 is the absolute best looking version of the game. It's really subtle stuff but can make a scene look much better at times. They are adjusting some pop-in and LOD transitions sequences too, but they are not as much as a change as the IQ.

Before this patch, the flames that the cars could spit were bugged. I don't know in which patch it happened, but they were "downgraded". Turns out it was a bug as I had kinda noticed last week. Basically the flames were getting caught on the motion blur from the car speed, making them spread out and not really look like flames.

This was corrected in 1.19, and I suspect it was because of the Super Silhouette Skyline which spits plenty, PD then noticed it was maybe looking odd and even made adjustments. On cars that have two exhausts, they will sometimes spit different sized flames in different direction. They are looking really good now, and back to how it was at launch, maybe better.

The TAA adjustment makes a difference in every single thing on the games visuals, reflections, shadows, far distance viewing, ray-tracing artifacts... This is why I love PD, they focus on the most minute details and don't even notice players about it. They have been doing it since GT5, and sometimes it's bad (GT Sport downgrade compared to 1.00), but so far for GT7, the adjustments are great and I look forward to dissect every patch.

They have also made minor changes.. seems like the screen where you see your guy and earn KMs runs at 60 fps now regardless of what you set it (raytracing or performance). Also as someone said before, the replays are much better and even run a little better.

The 360 outside camera also is smoother with less chance of getting caught on geometry when you are passing thru...

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a change they intended to make or a bug, but as a muscle car enthusiast this is a disappointment.
I had a wide wheel/wide offset Challenger and I don't think I had any visual clipping issues with the brakes or hubs....
Ditto, I am also a muscle car fan and have tuned all of them to 700PP with race hards. Some non-engine swapped cars have trouble getting there.

My original RT Challenger worked perfectly as well, even with reduced ride height and NO wide body kit. Hence making the second one with a wide body kit to compare differences.

BTW I am now down to my last 24 Hellcat engines ;-) Still have 3 Challengers in stock too ;-)

Anyone else seen this?

We always had a way to check what wheels are fitted. It's in "Owned Wheels" "Equipped"(in yellow).
FY9mEdIUIAUZib_.jpeg

Seems the Offset is now automatic with widebody fitted. The standard cars appear to have more a offset the than before.
20829667671824094.jpg

20829228283723751.jpg

Before the update, the tyres were not as close to the fenders as the above pic.

Attachments

• 20829667671824094.jpg
    20829667671824094.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
We always had a way to check what wheels are fitted. It's in "Owned Wheels" "Equipped"(in yellow).
View attachment 1178875
Seems the Offset is now automatic with widebody fitted. The standard cars appear to have more a offset the than before.
View attachment 1178878
View attachment 1178877

Before the update, the tyres were not as close to the fenders as the above pic.
Of course the "style" of wheel is very easy to check :-)) but apart from scrutinising pics how else can you do it easily for the wide and wide offset. In customisation there is tick for wings and other aero and in the performance shop it says "Already Purchased' so why not here with wheels?

So tell me, what diameter wheels are fitted in these pics? ;-)

Back