Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 118 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Update (1.19)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29 July)
  ・Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29 July)
  ・Porsche 918 Spyder '13 (Purchasable at 'Brand Central')

2.Cafe
  • Added 20 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Character that is in the Café
  • In extra menus, cars which have not been obtained yet can be added or removed from the wishlist.
  • The following 2 Menu Books have been added*
 ・Menu Book No. 43: ‘Enter the Neo Classical Challenge’ (Collector Level 33 and above)
 ・Menu Book No. 44: ‘Enter the Hyper Car Parade’ (Collector Level 35 and above)
- The following 2 Extra Menus have been added*
 ・Extra Menu No. 4: ‘Collection: Nissan Fairlady Z’ (Collector Level 29 and above)
 ・Extra Menu No. 5: ‘Collection: Dodge Viper’ (Collector Level 34 and above)

*The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 'Championship: World GT Series' and having watched the ending.

3.World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
 ・Neoclassical Challenge
  - Fuji International Speedway
  - Red Bull Ring
  - Willow Springs International Raceway
 ・Hyper Car Parade
  - Kyoto Driving Park
  - 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
  - Trial Mountain Circuit

*In order to play these new events, it is necessary to unlock and accept Menu Books No. 43 and No. 44.

4.Brand Central
- New Museum entries have been added for ‘Tesla’ in the Americas section, and ‘Radical’ in the Europe section.

5.Scapes
- The ‘Tomica Town’ and ‘Shizuoka Region’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

6.GT Auto
- ‘Toyo Tires Proxes’ has been added to ‘Customize Cars’ > ‘Livery Editor’ > ‘Race Options’ > ‘Tire Stickers’.

7.Race
- Tires, power restrictors and ballast can now be purchased from the ‘Race Shop’ in the quick menu. The Race Shop is only available in the quick menu for Garage Car races. Additionally, the Race Shop can be accessed from the Lobby and Meeting Place quick menus. However, in Sport Mode it can only be accessed from the Race Details screen before entry.

8.Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
  • ‘Test Connection Quality’ function added to the Sport top page.
  • According to the race event settings, the Balance of Performance (BoP) is now displayed as 3 variations: High-speed (H), Mid-speed (M) and Low-speed (L).
  • Message templates are now supported in chat. Message templates can only be used in Lobby, Meeting Place and Sport modes. Please note that templates cannot be used in conjunction with free text input.
  • The option to ‘Mute Chat messages’ has been added to the menu when selecting a user in the member list.
  • User chat messages will now automatically be muted after being reported using the ‘Report user message’ function.

9.Custom Race / Lobby
- ‘Load Settings’ and ‘Save Settings’ functions have been added to the settings screen in Custom Race and Lobby modes. Up to 50 settings can be saved for each of the Custom Race and Lobby modes.
 ・Load Settings
  - When loading settings from a different track, in Custom Race mode all settings except for the track, weather and time (both preset and custom weather) will be loaded. In Lobby mode all settings will be loaded.
  - When using ‘Rival Selection’ > ‘Select from Garage’ in ‘Rival Settings’, if the car saved in the race settings no longer exists in the Garage, it wil be replaced by the car the player is currently driving.
 ・Save Settings
  - As well as being able to save settings, it is possible to ‘Overwrite’ and ‘Delete’ previous settings from the new save button.
  - Settings may be named using up to 32 characters.
  - The save screen can also be accessed from ‘Lobby’ > ‘Quick Menu’ > ‘Race Settings’.
  - The ‘Ghosting During Race’ option under ‘Custom Race’ > ‘Penalty Settings’ has now been removed.

10.Options
- ‘Storage Available’ and ‘Chat Function’ have been added to the Global tab.
 ・Storage Available: Shows the size of items saved on the console storage.
 ・Chat Function: Turns the chat function on/off in Lobbies and Online Races*

*With the Chat Function turned off, a yellow system message will be displayed in the chat history, but all messages both sent and received will be hidden.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1.Physics Simulation Mode
- Fixed an issue where setting Countersteering Assistance to ‘Strong’ produced excessive feedback on steering controllers with certain cars.

2.Steering Controllers
- On Logitech G923 Racing Wheels the control method for the maximum steering rotation has changed. Reaching the limit now produces a natural level of feedback. The maximum rotation will differ depending on the vehicle.

3.Cafe
- The initial position for the cursor when entering the Cafe is now set to the Menu Book icon on the far left.

4.My Page
- The Milestones section text for completing all bronze or all gold on Missions has been changed from a number to the stage name.

5.Showcase
- In My Library, the details screen for content that has not been shared yet has been changed to a lighter colour to make it easier to differentiate from content that has already been shared.

6.Licenses
- Fixed an issue where the player ghost would not appear after completing a full lap time attack on Super License stages ‘S-8 Autodromo de Interlagos’ and ‘S-10 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps’.

7.Wish List
- Wish lists for Brand Central, Legend Cars and Used Cars are now shown together.

8.Sound
- Fixed an issue where the horn sound would not play when performing an engine swap in ‘Garage’ > ‘Tuning Parts’.

9.GT Auto
- The correct car width will now show after installing a wide body kit under ‘Maintenance & Servicing’ > ‘Modify’. Please not that the Jeep Willys MB ’45 is unaffected by this change.

10.Lobby
  • Fixed an issue in race settings where it was possible to adjust the ‘Initial Fuel’ after setting ‘Fuel Consumption Rate’ to off.
  • Fixed an issue where the viewpoint could not be changed when selecting ‘Spectate’ after a race has started.
  • On the ‘Spectate’ screen, after hiding the control panel with the cancel button, it will only reappear after pressing the confirm or cancel buttons.
  • Under ‘Penalty Settings’, when ‘Ghosting During Race’ is set to ‘Strong’ the effect where cars are ghosted when colliding with other cars at excessive speeds now applies to all cars regardless of Driver Rating (DR).

Undocumented Changes
  • The Page counter in the lobby room select screen has been fixed.
  • The "Equipped" notification has been added to the Wings section of the Custom parts.
  • The Traction Control for the Plymouth Superbird has been fixed
  • The wear of Rain and Intermediate tires has been reduced.
  • The Fuel capacity of the Porsche 917 Living Legend has been increased.
  • The completion of the lap when crossing start/finish line in the pits has been fixed. Lap times have been adjusted accordingly.
  • Dirt accumulation on cars has been increased.
  • Replays have been better optimized (PS4/PS4 Pro)
  • The race now ends when crossing the line after the timer has reached 0 instead of automatically when exiting the pitlane upon the timer reaching 0 in the Endurance Races.
  • A prompt has been added, telling the player to install a turbocharger or supercharger before installing an intercooler.
  • Alternate liveries of certain cars will show up now on roulette wheels.

Last edited:
Reminder to stick to posting what hasn't been posted in the official patch notes, only posting the relevent information in the specific threads. And before someone asks that question for a third time, NO you still can't sell cars. Please read before posting.

And now you may post.

Five new swaps confirmed

Coyote 5.0L Mustang => Pantera '71

P65B44-Z4 => 3.0 CSL '73

V8 FORD GT LM Test => Focus RS '18

LS7-Rampage => DMC Delorean S2

LT5-Corvette => Corvette Stingray C3

New engines

V8 FORD GT LM Test
and
LS7 Rampage

Last edited:
p78
Two new swaps confirmed

Coyote 5.0L Mustang => Pantera '71

P65B44-Z4 => 3.0 CSL '73
Oooh, gonna need another Pantera now. Already have one stock and one lightly tuned.

New engine swap in the game. The engine from the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car.

There are also other confirmed engine swappable cars with engines that were already in the game in the Engine Compatibility thread.

Has the criteria changed to get a clean race bonus?
I am sure that the only issue I had in the hypercar race at Le Mans, was that the AI hit me. No CRB.

Has the criteria changed to get a clean race bonus?
I am sure that the only issue I had in the hypercar race at Le Mans, was that the AI hit me. No CRB.
It varies between races I feel like. In the money races (Sardegna, Le Mans, Spa 1hr, Tokyo WTC600), the only thing that seems to take away the bonus is if you get penalty for ignoring yellow flags. In other races, it's much more sensitive and slight contact with AI or walls, or going off track, seems to strip the bonus.

It varies between races I feel like. In the money races (Sardegna, Le Mans, Spa 1hr, Tokyo WTC600), the only thing that seems to take away the bonus is if you get penalty for ignoring yellow flags. In other races, it's much more sensitive and slight contact with AI or walls, or going off track, seems to strip the bonus.
Yap, IIRC the money makes you mentioned where the only ones the CRB was a given thing, except for overtaking under yellows.

Wheels always had it tho.
Think it did in the 'owned wheels' section but I don't recall the notification being present in the wheel brand line-ups. I.e if you had a set of Rays equipped and were scrolling through Rays catalogue, the notification wasn't present IIRC - only in 'owned wheels' as I say.

Am I seeing PP recalculations?
A number of my 800PP Sardegna cars do not qualify for the Neo.Classical races.
All over PP limit.
Just checked my garage on lunch and can confirm none of my most frequently used cars PP have changed at all. All of my cars tuned for Sardegna and Sarthe at at exactly 800.00PP, Sarthe between 699.x and exactly 700.00PP just as before. Did not check all ~300 cars though so maybe if this did occur it’s only for specific cars or specific parts installed?

Just checked my garage on lunch and can confirm none of my most frequently used cars PP have changed at all. All of my cars tuned for Sardegna and Sarthe at at exactly 800.00PP, Sarthe between 699.x and exactly 700.00PP just as before. Did not check all ~300 cars though so maybe if this did occur it’s only for specific cars or specific parts installed?
I believe i have one car that has gone much higher, but cant proove it. Nissan gtr r32 went from 670 to 720 but no proof

Two things I've noticed:

- A new indicator when filling up with fuel shows how much is needed until the end of the race.

- It seems the wear of rain/intermediate tires has changed to be less dramatic. I was able to finish both new rainy 10-lap races on with them only wearing to about half.

Two things I've noticed:

- A new indicator when filling up with fuel shows how much is needed until the end of the race.

- It seems the wear of rain/intermediate tires has changed to be less dramatic. I was able to finish both new rainy 10-lap races on with them only wearing to about half.
I agree with the tire wear, they definitely lasted longer for me.

The fuel gauge has always been that way, unless you’re doing endurance race.

Two things I've noticed:

The little diamond or triangle indicator above the fuel line when refilling that show how much more fuel is needed has always been there for me. Did they change it?

Great news about the tires though. Those IM wore way too fast (like the RS) and were incredibly unrealistic fast wearing before.

Latest Posts

Back