Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 118 comments
The game now prompts you to install a turbocharger or supercharger before installing an intercooler.
20220731_000752.jpg

Of course the "style" of wheel is very easy to check :-)) but apart from scrutinising pics how else can you do it easily for the wide and wide offset. In customisation there is tick for wings and other aero and in the performance shop it says "Already Purchased' so why not here with wheels?

So tell me, what diameter wheels are fitted in these pics? ;-)
You didn't ask that. You asked about offset. You said the wide and offset changed for the Challenger. Not about the diameter.
For some reason, it's there for the Boss 429.
FY96Kh7aQAIxvWK.jpeg

Wheels on my car 15". I don't know why PD haven't added a diameter indicator for fitted "equipped" wheels. It would be good to add though.

Last edited:
You didn't ask that. You asked about offset. You said the wide and offset changed for the Challenger. Not about the diameter.
For some reason, it's there for the Boss 429.

Wheels on my car 15". I don't know why PD haven't added a diameter indicator for fitted "equipped" wheels. It would be good to add though.
I actually said "What also annoys me there is nowhere to actually check what wheels are currently fitted to your car." That statement includes the full description of specs for the wheels fitted ;-) Again, it is obvious (just by looking at a pic) what style is fitted but the crucial specs (which includes diameter) is not listed, for any of my cars.

I actually said "What also annoys me there is nowhere to actually check what wheels are currently fitted to your car." That statement includes the full description of specs for the wheels fitted ;-) Again, it is obvious (just by looking at a pic) what style is fitted but the crucial specs (which includes diameter) is not listed, for any of my cars.
That’s statement doesn’t include what you’re asking. You brought up an undocumented change that is looking for verification. You’re question is then:
“Can still fit wide rims and larger diameter wheels though.

Anyone else seen this?

What also annoys me there is nowhere to actually check what wheels are currently fitted to your car. The only way to know is to refit them. So my question is "What has happened to the other cars that I have fitted the wide offset too? I know that my other Challenger was fitted with them so has it still got them now????.”

”What also annoys me there is nowhere to actually check what wheels are currently fitted to your car. The only way to know is to refit them.”
I wasn’t referring to style. I was referring to the wide and offset questions you’re asking about. Not diameter either.
I understand you want to have a script that shows the diameter of the wheel, only after you explained that’s what you would like implemented. However, that wasn’t the question you were asking.

Hi,

After a lot of grinding on yesterday's Sunday - I have the feeling that the effect of worn race tires is stronger.
The tires seem to last the same time as before, but the car is much more understeering after a certain level of wear and more often trying to snap oversteer in tight corners. Noticed this extremely with the CTR3 in Catalunya. And on Sardegna with the GR010 in the last three laps.

Note: haven't tried this with Comforts or sports ;)

What I also find a bit surprising - with .18 my race time in Sardegna was 24:50-25:00 most of the times. I didn't change anything on setup and since the update to .19 I directly have race times around 24:40-24:45, not one Race slower as 24:45 since the update. So - maybe the tires have also be faster now - or just a funny coincidence?!?

Not sure if this was in place before, but noticed when I started a lobby, the track map now reflected the elevation shadowing beneath it. If it was there, I never noticed until now.

Guys, I am sure there has been a MASSIVE physics change, especially rear wheel drive cars. Can anyone confirm?!
On the Nordschleife, all of a sudde, I am about 5+seconds slower on SH tyres at least. Anyone else noticed similar?

Guys, I am sure there has been a MASSIVE physics change, especially rear wheel drive cars. Can anyone confirm?!
On the Nordschleife, all of a sudde, I am about 5+seconds slower on SH tyres at least. Anyone else noticed similar?
Can it be they changed the tyre physics? All kind of tyre characteristics seem to have changed. Mediums last longer now (good!) but seem to perform worse as they age. Perhaps more tyre changes, strange they did not mention this in the update notes.

Last edited:
To me it feels like brake-balanced or rear grip has changed.

Rear-engine cars are now undribeable for me.
Hi,
Have you tried a custom race without tire wear for comparison? As I mentioned above - I might have noticed, that the effect of tire wear is stronger as before from one level on (ca. Tires are worn 70% I would assume) - which results then in snap oversteer of MR and RRs most easily to notice. Maybe you try out if this effect worsens by lap numbers?

As I don't notice a negative impact in the beginning of the races (except that I have the feeling that I am reasonable faster as before) - I would not assume this being a general change in the physics, but a detail update. As some people also mentioned that lifetime of the tires has changed - my bet is, the balance of the tires has been changed.

BR K.

In your defense, Ive played gtsport and gt7 from the start and still haven't noticed it... I was like what! I am always calculating how much fuel I need. 😀
Yeah, I also usually only do the 30 and 60 minute endurance races and that little diamond...doesn't work on those. So, the new races were the first time I've seen them work. At least for a while.

Also, so both endurance races are bugged. Rain confuses the Stop Zones at LeMans, which has been broken for the past few updates and now Spa's radar just doesn't work at all. Fun.

Variation liveries seem to show up properly on roulette wheels.View attachment 1179932
I noticed that too, with Porsche, Honda and Subaru Gr.3. I wonder if its a simplified livery to save some space for the animations, or if you really win a "special" version. I've never won one of those (and the Gr3s that I've won have regular liveries).

Last edited:
Hi,

I noticed for this fuel marker - that it seems to miss calculate Sometimes. I don't know when and why - but in about 80% of the races - if you follow the diamond - it's proper. But in a few cases - about 1 lap is missing. Even in the same track, same setup and same driving style (so I am not running on max fuel economy and then change to full attack).

The question is: is it on purpose to keep you aware that also in reality people do mistakes or is the calculation taking into account the last average consumption of more then a few km - then overtaking and not overtaking might have a bigger impact on this calculation as I have previously expected.

BR

Hi,

I noticed for this fuel marker - that it seems to miss calculate Sometimes. I don't know when and why - but in about 80% of the races - if you follow the diamond - it's proper. But in a few cases - about 1 lap is missing. Even in the same track, same setup and same driving style (so I am not running on max fuel economy and then change to full attack).

The question is: is it on purpose to keep you aware that also in reality people do mistakes or is the calculation taking into account the last average consumption of more then a few km - then overtaking and not overtaking might have a bigger impact on this calculation as I have previously expected.

BR
I believe it's based on the previous laps consumption, so drafting, overtaking, changing the FM setting etc. will all throw it off one way or another. It is best to only count on it as a guide and if you do end up adding too little fuel dropping the FM if possible to compensate for that.

As @Monkey Man quite rightly said, it's best to go beyond the marker slightly to give yourself that extra room to cover those situations.

Last edited:
When searching for decals in the livery editor you used to be able to repeat a search just be pressing search again without writing the term again. It stayed until you pressed the clear option.
It is now gone and the box is cleared automatically forcing you to re-write your search term every time.

Extremely annoying

I believe it's based on the previous laps consumption, so drafting, overtaking, changing the FM setting etc. will all throw it off one way or another. It is best to only count on it as a guide and if you do end up adding too little fuel dropping the FM if possible to compensate for that.

As @Monkey Man quite rightly said, it's best to go beyond the marker slightly to give yourself that extra room to cover those situations.
Best way be found is to look at the percentage on the fuel gauge and work out what % you are using on a full tilt lap.

Hi,

BR
The issue is a new glitch after the 1.19 patch. Say you enter the pits on the end of lap 5 in a 10 lap race. The fuel diamond will reflect 5 laps left. However, if you cross the start/finish line before reaching the pit box, the lap counter goes up to six, and the fuel diamond moves down one lap, thinking you only have 4 laps left in the race.

When searching for decals in the livery editor you used to be able to repeat a search just be pressing search again without writing the term again. It stayed until you pressed the clear option.
It is now gone and the box is cleared automatically forcing you to re-write your search term every time.

Extremely annoying
It was changed in 1.18. I was hoping this update would have changed it back but it may have originally been an unintended bug. Otherwise, it's bugged now, in which case I'd imagine it to be low on their priorities.

Extremely annoying
I too hope they change it back.

Back