Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.20)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 198 comments
I wouldn't say that they're years behind, especially after the most recent physics update.
Why? what did they update do other than 'fixing' the handling of MR carsand increasing tyre wear because reasons; We still can't do things like:
Adjusting tyre pressure.
Adjusting Turbo boost something that was possible in the original game lets not forget .
Choosing the fuel load we want to start the race with.
The hybrid system/DRS simulation is still incorrect . Etc etc.

Damage could be better, but that's not the focus in this game. If i want to crash cars, I can play Wreckfest. Again, I'm not saying it shouldn't be improved, but that's not the main point of the game.
I can't understand why people are using this as an argument. Of course crashes should be avoided, and they are not the point of the game but crashing and the consequences part from them is one of the most important elements of racing, which is the thing this game is supposedly trying to simulate, or as you put it , the point.
Car audio is not that bad, it's pretty decent now.
While some cars are indeed even very good, i can't agree since there are many cars that are way off real life yet .
AI is in the works (Sophy).
What about it? A super duper ultra fast bot that 1% of people (if not less) will be able to beat. And because PDs design choice are a bit old school they are not going to offer a difficulty slider so most of us will be stuck with what we already have. We need an AI that can race properly and be fast without needing to cheat, and Sophy is not going to be that.
Physics can be improved (and that is available for every other sim), but as you can see, they are doing
Of course but they are still behind.
in fact the most recent update improved the handling for MR cars.
So something that should've been as it was to begin with? I wouldn't give them a medal for that.
What I'm trying to say is that there is definitely room for improvement,
Like everything in life, however we still must criticize what needs to be improved .
but it's not years behind.
It is and if you don't beliave me , check what option similar games offer today or ever a decade + ago .

Why? what did they update do other than 'fixing' the handling of MR carsand increasing tyre wear because reasons; We still can't do things like:
Adjusting tyre pressure.
Adjusting Turbo boost something that was possible in the original game lets not forget .

I can't understand why people are using this as an argument. Of course crashes should be avoided, and they are not the point of the game but crashing and the consequences part from them is one of the most important elements of racing, which is the thing this game is supposedly trying to simulate, or as you put it , the point.

While some cars are indeed even very good, i can't agree since there are many cars that are way off real life yet .

What about it? A super duper ultra fast bot that 1% of people (if not less) will be able to beat. And because PDs design choice are a bit old school they are not going to offer a difficulty slider so most of us will be stuck with what we already have. We need an AI that can race properly and be fast without needing to cheat, and Sophy is not going to be that.

Of course but they are still behind.

So something that should've been as it was to begin with? I wouldn't give them a medal for that.

Like everything in life, however we still must criticize what needs to be improved .

It is and if you don't beliave me , check what option similar games offer today or ever a decade + ago .

What games do you recommend chief (not including pc). ACC?

B80
What games do you recommend chief (not including pc). ACC?
ACC , AC , Project Cars 1&2 F1 2015-22 , WRC 5-Geberations, Dirt Rally/.2.0 etc . And thats only the PS4 games.
To be clear im not talking about a more hardcore feeling necessarily but how many more factors can influence a race (engine overheating etc) or stuff like proper AI with a difficulty slider , better HUD , an engineer to relate relevant information to the player etc.

Last edited:
When the tyre wear indicator shows as half worn, they're showing they still have half their tread left and lap times won't suffer at all. It's when you get to around 95% worn that pace will suffer.
Not sure I'd agree with that, I've noticed that after the first ~20% has worn they are certainly past their prime and lap times do tend to suffer, although still plenty useable down to about 70%.

Last edited:
Here’s the visual Tyre wear.

Race start
View attachment 1188937

Lap 5
View attachment 1188938

Lap 9
View attachment 1188939
Ok, now I see these pics and it makes sense, I thought I was a bit goofy but I could swear while driving the new MP4/4 and tyre wear was 7/8 red I could feel the tires getting rougher, I swapped tyres and it was smoother. I was thinking I was crazy that it was actually being felt through the controller..

Not sure I'd agree with that, I've noticed that after the first ~20% has worn they are certainly past their prime and lap times do tend to suffer, although still plenty useable down to about 70%.
To me it feels like they only really come alive when 10% of the tires are gone and from there on I can run consistent times until at least 80% are gone. With 5% left they fall off a cliff tho

Why? what did they update do other than 'fixing' the handling of MR cars and increasing tyre wear because reasons; We still can't do things like:
Adjusting tyre pressure.
The lack of these features doesn't necessarily mean that it's YEARS behind. It's just behind.

The lack of these features doesn't necessarily mean that it's YEARS behind. It's just behind.
I remember when a PS2 Game from nearly 20 years ago called Gran Turismo 3 taught me about tyre pressure and temperatures, these are all about tyre wear lololol

Cars no longer brake and maintain a straight line. I went and got a stock car to see if it something I did. Stock 350z pulls left hard braking no steering input. Maybe the tires are rubbing so something is wrong with tire model? Car is stock. Played with ABS too.

Anyone else notice a pull to one side under heavy braking?

Cars no longer brake and maintain a straight line. I went and got a stock car to see if it something I did. Stock 350z pulls left hard braking no steering input. Maybe the tires are rubbing so something is wrong with tire model? Car is stock. Played with ABS too.

Yeah but I thought that's because of the road surface ? Where did you test it ?

Definitely a thing. I’ve got tuned cars doing it as well.

Definitely a thing. I’ve got tuned cars doing it as well.

I assume people have tried tinkering with brake balance, lsd, suspension since the update to see if that helps?

B80
I assume people have tried tinkering with brake balance, lsd, suspension since the update to see if that helps?
I just leave brake balance in default setting. It’s not an annoyance to me. It adds another factor in me battling the AI.

The music replay camera views are different after update and goes too different views on other cars but they stay static, changing car forward n back will give your car another camera angle, could it be a bug? looks messy when cameras are behind scenery, maybe gonna create one with special effects like GT3, i hope lol, edit, At Le Mans all music replay cams are one inside view too the drivers side, Sure things different no doubt at other tracks, they need too add auto changing too other vehicles etc and put some music in worthy of a music replay.

Last edited:
As always after extensive testing, they have improved (just a little bit) their AA solution again, and shadows were the biggest improvements.

Something that I didn`t catch: somewhere along the last 5 patches they have improved reflections on rain puddles. Someone mentioned this, I grabbed a lot of pics showing it. Before the patch, the reflection was a simple black box with rims, now they reflect both the car and it`s livery, like a mirror, must be cubemapping or SSR, either way, looks muuuch better. I think it was on the same patch they improved the general graphics (1.19), but I have only seen it now.

PS5 testing. I'll definitely make a thread, as it is something that most players aren't even noticing I think.

So I'm not exactly sure if this is:

A. Completely in my imagination and not actually a thing

Or

B. A known thing already

But I think I noticed when running the Spa 1hr race that if you flash your headlights at cars that you are about to lap, particularly when approaching a turn or while in a turn, they seem to be make more of an effort to get out of your way. Nothing crazy, but it seemed to me that they were especially getting on the brakes more to give up the apex, or minimise their corner exit than if I wasn't doing that. Am I just imagining things?

Hi,

Always when you discuss the levels of physics and realism - it is a question of "what do you want". The more Sim you want - the more you will criticize this points. The more about driving and feel you go - the less important becomes your levels of modifications and possibilities. If I remember right - you could

In a very close competition such details can give you the final advantage or disadvantage. But I assume for the mayority of casual players - which you should never forget - this is very fast: too much.

And so you think that it is years back - and others are not so hard in their judging. ;)

Back