Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.26)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 128 comments
Didn't try the Cossie yet, maybe it's dependent on the track. Did you notice that on Atlanta or other tracks?

My C7 was silent as well in my first race, see:

Motor sound was back in the replay though.

I took mine to Willow for the new race and barely heard it even in cockpit.

I took mine to Willow for the new race and barely heard it even in cockpit.
Ok, seems to be a problem with the update in general then.
The patch notes said "- Adjusted the engine sounds for certain vehicles.", but as apparently they broke more than they fixed (yet again).
I wish I could be surprised about that.

That happens if you have your ride height too low, GT7 simulates the top of the wheel hitting the chassis. You can see it in car by the steering wheel stopping turning.

That happens if you have your ride height too low, GT7 simulates the top of the wheel hitting the chassis. You can see it in car by the steering wheel stopping turning.
No I'm not talking about that. More like the turning of the wheel is not smooth, it "stutters", after a certain degree of rotation. Doesn't matter which car. It's like the movement of the steering wheel is refreshed at a much lower rate. Hard to describe, maybe I'll try and upload a clip tonight. But I know the thing you mention and it's not that.

The patch notes said "- Adjusted the engine sounds for certain vehicles.", but as apparently they broke more than they fixed (yet again).
It seems to be only the Willow Springs race they added. The replay does have sound though...

Bug - There is no engine sound in the Willow Springs Historic Sports Car Masters event

View attachment 1210512View attachment 1210515

Laps times no longer show in the replay screen, hopefully a temporary omission.
Sorry but lap times are still there, when you have playback controls visible on screen the lap times and the HUD do not show, like in your two photos, the top shows HUD and bottom has the playback controls (HUD not visible)
Exit out of playback control and HUD/ lap times will be visible

When sport races finish it's back to waiting for the clock to count down completely rather than what it's been recently with a few seconds wait once the last racer finishes.
This was happening to me last night at Watkins pre-update.

Look, PD has to inevitably break something with updates so I understand them. This time they intentionally broke the sounds so they could launch the car selling and anniversary events without issues :D

Sorry but lap times are still there, when you have playback controls visible on screen the lap times and the HUD do not show, like in your two photos, the top shows HUD and bottom has the playback controls (HUD not visible)
Exit out of playback control and HUD/ lap times will be visible
If that is the case, then I stand corrected. I swear that wasn’t the first time I noticed it today, just the first time I documented it. I could be wrong though and certainly hope I am.

Last edited:
Which cars got their sounds adjusted via this update, and what kind of adjustment?
I'm not sure if this is what they meant but some of the cars I tried sounds a bit muted in chase cam, Shelby GT350R in particular sounds really bad in chase and roof cam, but interior and bumper cam sounds good.

I mis spoke , for whatever reason road Atlanta has no shadows being cast at night. The ps3 games had this down and on the ps4 and ps5 can't do this consistently. GT5 has real time shadowcasting inside the cockpit..not even the ps5 ray trace mode does this!

Last edited:
I mis spoke , for whatever reason road Atlanta has no shadows being cast at night. Tge ps3 games had this down and on the ps4 and ps5 can't do this consistently.
when i played the GR.1 race twice i seen my car shadow from other car's headlights 🤷‍♂️

also FYI PS3 GTs perfomance problems are a bigger issue lol

Last edited:
okay so other tracks at night do cast shadows?
The ones that don't are trail mountains tunnels , highspeed rings tunnel , and SSRX has a bug where the shadows only cast if you look in reverse or pause on both ps4 and ps5. But like these are flood lights so i assumed they just downgraded.

Anybody else notice a change in the weather radar? It seems to be showing the full range of colors again like it did after that one update. Light blue essentially means no rain. Gonna do another race at LeMans to confirm
I suspect you are right, seemed this way at Spa last night. Will test further too.

The ones that don't are trail mountains tunnels , highspeed rings tunnel , and SSRX has a bug where the shadows only cast if you look in reverse or pause on both ps4 and ps5. But like these are flood lights so i assumed they just downgraded.
Gonna test that today , thanks for the info
Anybody else notice a change in the weather radar? It seems to be showing the full range of colors again like it did after that one update. Light blue essentially means no rain. Gonna do another race at LeMans to confirm
woah , so they are going with it or it is a bug again?

Look, PD has to inevitably break something with updates so I understand them. This time they intentionally broke the sounds so they could launch the car selling and anniversary events without issues :D
Ahh, like a kind of blood sacrifice? Got it. :cheers:

On topic: as already mentioned, the rain radar from 1.24? 1.23? is back. You know, the one with more colors than just 3 shades of blue:
184adc33cec26-screenshotUrl.jpg
Didn't realize that was already posted before I made my post, sorry for that.

woah , so they are going with it or it is a bug again?
That is a very good question, one we'll probably never know the answer to, due to lack of communication and notoriously incomplete "patch notes" (using the term very loosely here) from PD.
Personally, I hope they stick with it (this time).

Last edited:
Can confirm, though I haven't seen the full range of colors just yet, the rain intensity in each zone and the shapes of the zones are now dynamic again, i.e. they change as they come in, as they were before the last update.

Edit: okay yeah, later in this same race, at Le Mans, I now see a yellow rain zone coming in, so the color range is back too.

Last edited:
It seems to me that collisions with the AI car physics has changed. Whereas before, they were like bricks and you could hardly move them, this morning on Road Atlanta I barely tapped one (it seemed) and it spun out and off the track. I haven't tested it enough to know for sure.
Well i did the escudo race and the AI still were bricks on rails, but touching me just slightly made the car fly.

Also, if not already mentioned. On Tokyo600 you really need to avoid any car or wall contact to get the clean race bonus, might be the same for sardegna too.

Last edited:
Back