Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 209 comments
Maybe they were intending to implement RT reflections in gameplay when GT7 was still developed as a PS5 exclusive and gave up when that changed.
I doubt that given the replay performance when RT is enabled, plus their RT reflections implementation isn't the most stable in motion. I think they just set the target of native 4K 60 and made the necessary compromises to hit that.

Fuel and tire settings have been there since Day 1, however I'm impatiently waiting for the BoP feature to be added. Would make Time Trial a very viable option to quickly try different cars under different fuel/tire settings :)
Perhaps you could buy a second version of any cars you no longer have original settings for. I try to save the default settings in order to have something I didn't tune. I may look at praiano's tunes for that purpose too. I do my own tuning with some success...one of mine is an engine swapped DeLorean with which I won the WTC800 at Spa. Another is an R32 road car with the standard engine that can win the same event.

The AI has collided with me more often this time around, but good race craft puts a screeching halt to that crap. Except in one case where Violette pushed me off a corner at Alsace so I punted her so hard she went airborne and into a wall, nearly flipping end over end.

OP has been updated with many of the changes posted prior to Update 1.30. Thread name has also been updated to reflect the latest update as it is primarily a bug fix and not a major content update.

Fuel and tire settings have been there since Day 1, however I'm impatiently waiting for the BoP feature to be added. Would make Time Trial a very viable option to quickly try different cars under different fuel/tire settings :)
For real!! This is something I have always thought would be a good idea and only stumbled across the setting by happenschance yesterday. I was actually wondering if this was a recent addition but obviously not!

I agree, BOP in time trials would be a great addition and another feature I've always wanted. For the moment all I do is have a tune sheet set up for BOP settings with each car and just match the power and weight to that when online. As far as I can tell BOP doesn't change any of the suspension settings so this works well for me as a work around when doing time trials for practice.

They fixed the run out time after live races, no more waiting for the clock to completely run out
Can confirm, just did a couple of rounds of Daily Race A yesterday - when everyone finishes (barring DNF entrants), the clock immediately goes down to having three seconds left.

Did 1.29/1.30 make changes to ffb?

Lately its been frustrating me everytime i play. Can’t really put my finger on what exactly feels different, except a sluggish feel like feedback fades away towards mid-corner. And feels more unresponsive, like input lag, that wasn’t there before.

I haven’t changed any settings on wheel or in-game since before update. I’m on ps4-pro with fanatec csl-elite

Did 1.29/1.30 make changes to ffb?

Lately its been frustrating me everytime i play. Can’t really put my finger on what exactly feels different, except a sluggish feel like feedback fades away towards mid-corner. And feels more unresponsive, like input lag, that wasn’t there before.

I haven’t changed any settings on wheel or in-game since before update. I’m on ps4-pro with fanatec csl-elite
After 1.29, same for me..using logitech g pro and the feedback sucks.it was amazing before the update. And the grip level reduced too.

The way the driver holds the shifter has been fixed.

Old:
Screenshot 2023-03-08 104406.jpg

New:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230308104348.jpg

Don’t know if it has been mentioned already, but the car models where you can change oil and stuff are uglier now. It’s like the rims in scapes photos. It doesnt look sharp anymore, and the reflections there have taken a hit as well. Maybe it happened in an earlier update. More noticeable with some cars than others.

I’m on ps5.

Don’t know if it has been mentioned already, but the car models where you can change oil and stuff are uglier now. It’s like the rims in scapes photos. It doesnt look sharp anymore, and the reflections there have taken a hit as well. Maybe it happened in an earlier update. More noticeable with some cars than others.

I’m on ps5.
This happens when switching to the ray tracing mode, so probably not part of the update, and already in the game since the beginning probably. I'm going back to the frame rate mode...

Is there an archive for previous undocumented changes threads?
No archives per se, but the threads themselves are still around. You just will have to do abit of searching for them since they tend to get quickly eroded when a new update comes along.

One thing I think I noticed, collection score is fixed when you look at your page. Instead of being what it was when you reached level 50 collection it now seems to shows the accurate number. E.G. Before it was 52,431 now it tells me 165,000 like when I bought my last car. The person below me found out. I messed up.

Last edited:
That hasn't been patched. I just bought a car and it didn't update.

You know what does make it update? Completing a license test. I had 696,969 collectors points for so long until I completed a test, forgetting that's what gets that value to update.

this maybe kinda out of topic, but I'm starting to play Gran Turismo again from this version, after so many years didn't play any console :D

Last edited:
That hasn't been patched. I just bought a car and it didn't update.

You know what does make it update? Completing a license test. I had 696,969 collectors points for so long until I completed a test, forgetting that's what gets that value to update.
Wait, 1,000 points is $1M worth of a car price. Are you saying you've spent $697M on cars? I just crossed the 50,000 mark (although haven't grinded since Thanksgiving once I aquired all the cars)

I've done a lot of Tomahawk on Tokyo grinding. A lot. I'm currently at 876,543 points.
I did as well... but if you don't mind me asking, what drove you to spend that much time grinding? Was it an away from keyboard script?

I just wanted to buy every car in the game, plus I enjoyed the combo. With the downtime I used to have while I worked, it was perfect for me at the time.

Also, no afk script.

Does anyone know if the ‘boost’ setting in multiplayer has changed recently?

The guy that runs our casual weekly race nights reckons that he has always run the nights with boost on ‘strong’

Before last night, I would have suggested that it was never on as it would be normal for a few of us to be miles ahead and others would be far behind with no chances of catching up.

Where last nights event had everyone pretty much racing together. Since it’s a casual lobby I found it quite annoying as the guys that are normally well behind were always close enough to take me out.

I mean- the ‘boost’ setting worked well enough where I could catch up 15 seconds within a single lap of Spa but then I had to deal with the car handling completely different depending on what position I was in.

I personally disliked the settings but the more casual players obviously liked it.

Anyway- back to my origional point…

Has this setting been buffed, just more noticible in different cars… or was the host mistaken?

Does anyone know if the ‘boost’ setting in multiplayer has changed recently?

The guy that runs our casual weekly race nights reckons that he has always run the nights with boost on ‘strong’

Before last night, I would have suggested that it was never on as it would be normal for a few of us to be miles ahead and others would be far behind with no chances of catching up.

Where last nights event had everyone pretty much racing together. Since it’s a casual lobby I found it quite annoying as the guys that are normally well behind were always close enough to take me out.

I mean- the ‘boost’ setting worked well enough where I could catch up 15 seconds within a single lap of Spa but then I had to deal with the car handling completely different depending on what position I was in.

I personally disliked the settings but the more casual players obviously liked it.

Anyway- back to my origional point…

Has this setting been buffed, just more noticible in different cars… or was the host mistaken?
Boost online was completely non-functioning before the last update, now it works as intended. Was discussed a bit a few pages ago I believe.

Back