Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 209 comments
@Koso_DOHC
It is maybe also a what kind of screen you are using. I notice it right away becaus im a little graphics nerd and like to look for it and i race daily couple of hours. Like i sayed, only little improvement and if you are not looking for it maybe not seeing it 😄

Last edited:
@Koso_DOHC
It is maybe also a what kind of screen you are using. I notice it right away becaus im a little graphics nerd and like to look for it and i race daily couple of hours. Like i sayed, only little improvement and if you are not looking for it maybe not seeing it 😄
there was a little upgrade. another thing is how clear the cars are looking on the ray-tracing mode now. no more weird aliasing/shimmering

there was a little upgrade. another thing is how clear the cars are looking on the ray-tracing mode now. no more weird aliasing/shimmering
What i also notice in replays is except for the outside camera shots all views in cockpit/tcam/bcam/3rd person are now in 60fps for ray tracing mode 👍🏻

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, tyre debris grows with completed laps, only noticed it at the Grand Valley Highway 1 so far though
By tyre debris do you mean visual tyre wear, or the rubber on the side of the track?

Last edited:
Have I just gotten lucky or are daily rewards better now? I've gotten a few high end cars and today 500,000 credits.

Have I just gotten lucky or are daily rewards better now? I've gotten a few high end cars and today 500,000 credits.
I got a car, a crap one but still won a car. .Gt86 limited. All cars was either Gt86's or Brz's and 5th was a Toyota Prius. Better than the 5,000 credits I always get.

Im pretty sure this is something new.

Now in PS4, IA also have wet effect on their cars.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20230224122430.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230224122430.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20230224122605.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230224122605.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I should have mentioned that the Superbird in the game is an automatic, but still there's no shifting animations for it if you to shift into the reverse gear and vice versa.
Classic American cars are my real life thing. What confuses me is why not a floor shift car? Only answer I have for that the real model car was a 440 auto column shifter car. Gramps old around town Mustang killer. In game it has a 426. My guess is PD lifted the 426 from the 70 Challenger to quite the " it was a Hemi for NASCAR" group. As most likely only use the big bird on the ovals.

I noticed something since the update.
Sure didn't have issue before. In the wet, on the 30min le man's race, using inters or wets. The level of grip is crap. Sure last week same race wasn't this poor.

I noticed something since the update.
Sure didn't have issue before. In the wet, on the 30min le man's race, using inters or wets. The level of grip is crap. Sure last week same race wasn't this poor.
Hmmm... My lap times are still more or less the same, and I do the whole race on wet tyres.

Undocumented aaand unchanged......................................
Porsche 918 gear ratios are still wrong tho....😢😤😤😤😤😤😤

Last edited:
Potentially undocumented…

Not sure about PS4 but on PS5 I can’t trigger the screens supposed to adjust HDR brightness anymore, it’s only contrast / exposure and frame rate priority.

I suppose this means that GT7 now uses the console’s system wide HDR calibration settings.

Last edited:
Potentially undocumented…

Not sure about PS4 but on PS5 I can’t trigger the screens supposed to adjust HDR brightness anymore, it’s only contrast / exposure and frame rate priority.

I suppose this means that GT7 now uses the console’s system wide HDR calibration settings.
Not possible since release for gt7 ps5 version. Since day 1 it is bound to system wide HDR.

Last edited:
Do you happen to remember a specific example? Feels like I'm going crazy but I'm noticing a ton more denoiser artifacts for RT reflections on cars with relatively rough paint.

Done some further testing and they have also fixed the Boost setting in online lobbies, before it did nothing but now it works as it should - on Road Atlanta with Strong you can even gain up to 10 seconds per lap if you're far behind the leader!

Done some further testing and they have also fixed the Boost setting in online lobbies, before it did nothing but now it works as it should - on Road Atlanta with Strong you can even gain up to 10 seconds per lap if you're far behind the leader!
I've never understood how boost even works for players. Does it just increase your acceleration? Or buff your top speed?

I could be wrong, but it seems that the roulette tickets system is improved and that is more likely (chances wise) to give better rewards, now. Did anyone notice that since the 1.29 update?
Nahh I still cant buy the fxxk. :P
Le mans 30 min race on Ps4, visuals of the rain highly improved, before the wet track would reflect the light really badly almost like a glitch, it has been fixed, also interior lighting is much better.
This bug is still there on ps5.

The following cars got their model years added.
Bugatti VGT (Gr.1): 2015
COPEN RJ VGT: 2017
Honda Sports VGT: 2017
N 2025 VGT (Gr.1): 2025
LM55 VGT (Gr.1):2014
McLaren Ultimate VGT: 2017
McLaren Ultimate VGT (Gr.1): 2017
Suzuki VGT: 2022

No difference from the ones from the official spec sheet, but are they wrong?

Last edited:
The following cars got their model years added.
Bugatti VGT: 2015
COPEN RJ VGT: 2017
Honda Sports VGT: 2017
N 2025 VGT (Gr.1): 2025
LM55 VGT (Gr.1):2014
McLaren Ultimate VGT: 2017
McLaren Ultimate VGT (Gr.1): 2017
Suzuki VGT: 2022

No difference from the ones from the official spec sheet, but are they wrong?
That would be the Gr.1 version of the Bugatti. The non-Gr.1 version already had a 2015 model year.

Also, the base version of the Toyota FT-1 got a 2014 model year added. That leaves 80 cars, plus the pre-order Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Stealth and the Dior version of the De Tomaso Mangusta, that don't have model years.

Therefore, beyond irrelevant to this thread for the bolded reason. Not saying you have no right to be disappointed with this but the thread is literally called "Undocumented Changes" and what you just posted is kinda NOT that.

Do you happen to remember a specific example? Feels like I'm going crazy but I'm noticing a ton more denoiser artifacts for RT reflections on cars with relatively rough paint.
I'd ask for your examples.. as I think most or every car got improved. They look clear while on the garage, I was surprised. Maybe it's only on the garage? I don't know, I just really noticed this. I'll try to think about cars that had artifacts before

Back