Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 209 comments
That would be the Gr.1 version of the Bugatti. The non-Gr.1 version already had a 2015 model year.
Ah, I meant to write like that but missed for some reasons. Thanks :)
Also, the base version of the Toyota FT-1 got a 2014 model year added.
I thought that FT-1 already has a model year.
Edit: You're right.

Last edited:
I'd ask for your examples.. as I think most or every car got improved. They look clear while on the garage, I was surprised. Maybe it's only on the garage? I don't know, I just really noticed this. I'll try to think about cars that had artifacts before
I'll try to get some footage but basically any car that's been dusted or just has naturally rough paint, go into the freecam and just pan sideways. You should be able to see noise in the reflections (like a circled pattern) that stabilizes once you're still. This is normal as it's just a performance saving measure for having rough reflections at all, but as of the last update I feel like I'm noticing it on more cars. It could totally be placebo and I'm just noticing it more now because I'm paying attention to it too.

I'll try to get some footage but basically any car that's been dusted or just has naturally rough paint, go into the freecam and just pan sideways. You should be able to see noise in the reflections (like a circled pattern) that stabilizes once you're still. This is normal as it's just a performance saving measure for having rough reflections at all, but as of the last update I feel like I'm noticing it on more cars. It could totally be placebo and I'm just noticing it more now because I'm paying attention to it too.
Oh I see. I was mainly talking about the garage screens where they show your car on the grey backdrop. In that instance, I feel it looks better now, and clearer. Like the Anti-Aliasing is working better

Sorry if this has already pointed out before - or if it was a documented change - because I was doing the GR.1 in the new Grand Valley just for fun, without HUD, so when I went to the pits, the HUD appeared automatically (so I was able to make the changes without having to guess :lol:)

When I went back to the track, it returned to my configurations.

Until recently - Chiron update - this didn't happen.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already pointed out before - or if it was a documented change - because I was doing the GR.1 in the new Grand Valley just for fun, without HUD, so when I went to the pits, the HUD appeared automatically (so I was able to make the changes without having to guess :lol:)

When I went back to the track, it returned to my configurations.

Until recently - Chiron update - this didn't happen.
This was introduced in the 1.26 update at the end of November.

Is the AI faster now.Or are they just fast on GV .
With Boost Weak, some of us are discusssing our experiences in the Custom Race thread. We’re feeling the AI have improved in pace. It can still depend what cars are being used and the how the player tune their cars. However, we really do need verification. Somehow.

On the same token, usually, I do see improvements when new tracks are added. With the addition of Road Atlanta, I got the same AI competitiveness when I ran my custom grids. With this latest update, it seems AI pace have been dialled up, not just at GVH, but at most circuits I’ve tried. Still trialling other circuits to check consistency. It’s looking good, but again, Id like to know if PD are improving the programming.

Thats pretty cool. I wonder if you can turn on POP for time trials. I was able to do this in GT Sport.

Fuel consumption and tyre wear can now be selected doing time trails. Also there are now penalty settings available for time trails as well.

Hello, I have noticed pixelations in the reflection of the hood of my car.
This becomes more evident when I use the view where I only see the front of my car and the entire exterior is reflected.
Reflections are rendered slow and pixelated.
Also notice this ugly effect on the roof of rival cars in races.
View attachment 1234589
I don't remember seeing this before. It seems like a downgrade to the flat screen in favor of the VR2 glasses. :(
GT7 has used ugly low-res cubemaps since release

I think it's dependent on the roughness of the material in question. Glossy cars are fine but something like the DeLorean gives it trouble unless you're still. If you want an extreme example, I've noticed that taking a Milennium Jade R34 (available now in the UCD) into the lit tunnel at the end of GV makes it really strong.

This becomes more evident when I use the view where I only see the front of my car and the entire exterior is reflected.
View attachment 1234589
I don't remember seeing this before. It looks like a downgrade from the flat screen to improve VR2 glasses. :(
It hasn't changed.

Last edited:
1869b5f7a3d24-screenshotUrl.jpg

Seems like they added activity card support? Had never seen this one before

Thats pretty cool. I wonder if you can turn on POP for time trials. I was able to do this in GT Sport.
Fuel and tire settings have been there since Day 1, however I'm impatiently waiting for the BoP feature to be added. Would make Time Trial a very viable option to quickly try different cars under different fuel/tire settings :)

View attachment 1234589
I don't remember seeing this before. It looks like a downgrade from the flat screen to improve VR2 glasses. :(
When I am racing, I don't look at the reflections on my hood, I'm too busy looking at the track not to mess up...

They could improve the hood cam reflections by using SSR, but Polyphony doesn't seem very keen to it for whatever reason (probably performance). Would definitely look better than the current solution but oh well, FH5 uses it if anyone wants an example of what that looks like

They could improve the hood cam reflections by using SSR, but Polyphony doesn't seem very keen to it for whatever reason (probably performance). Would definitely look better than the current solution but oh well, FH5 uses it if anyone wants an example of what that looks like

Maybe they were intending to implement RT reflections in gameplay when GT7 was still developed as a PS5 exclusive and gave up when that changed.

Back