Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.06 Arrives, Fixes Progression Bugs and Issues

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Known Issues [UPDATED: 11 March]​

The following is a list of known issues for Gran Turismo 7.

Multiplayer
 - In the 'Lobby', there have been cases where ‘Preparing’ is displayed on screen but the Host cannot start the race. Having all room members leave and re-entering the room will allow the race to be started;
 - In the 'Lobby', there have been cases where entering the track in Practice does not let you drive and skip directly to the Final Race. In this case, please try to leave and re-enter the room;
 - In a '2P Split Screen' race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings]);
 - In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where players in the same room do not appear on the member list or during the race. In this case, an application error will occur when the host starts the race.

Spectate
 - When spectating in the 'Lobby' or 'Meeting Place,' if a player switches the camera target to a car in the pits, then changes back to a car on track, the 3rd Person view becomes unavailable. Leaving the 'Spectate' mode once will solve the issue.

Livery Editor
 - Decals cannot be applied to the left front fender of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)'16 livery. As a temporary workaround, changing the current car to the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)'16 and selecting 'Save Style' from [GT Auto] > [Car Customisation] will allow for the livery to be created normally;
 - In some cases, all applied decals may be missing when you open Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List]. If this occurs, restarting 'Gran Turismo 7' without editing or saving the design may solve it.

Licences / Missions / Circuit Experiences
 - In certain events within Licences, Missions, and Circuit Experience, the required tyres are not equipped on the vehicle and as a consequence those events become very difficult to clear. The following is a list of events where this issue occurs:

■ Licences
 [A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner
 [IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate
 [IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert
 [S-5] One Lap Time Attack

■ Missions
 The Magic Mountain
  ・Jeep Night Safari

Beyond the Horizon
  ・Beginner Drifting 1
  ・American Wilderness

Rolling Stone
  ・Beginner Drifting 2

Moby Dick
  ・Pylon Cone Knockdown 2
  ・Intermediate Drifting 1

Gone with the Wind
  ・Divine moves on the Spa
  ・Intermediate Drifting 2

The Sun Also Rises
  ・The White Winged Beast
  ・Expert Drifting

■ Circuit Experiences
 Colorado Springs
 Fishermans Ranch
 Sardegna - Windmills

Those issues are planned to be solved with a future update.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

They forgot the missing dirt.

I'm glad the drift missions are bugged. I enjoyed drifting in GTS, but was completely unable to use my wheel for it in 7, hopefully it's a bit easier when they patch it.

IA-3 is the same. I was losing my **** not even being able to get a bronze until I noticed the RH tires on. Asked The Google and now am just annoyed.

New bug in dirt licence test, cars now have regular tires on and not dirt ones. Not sure if it affects grip but I hope it does because I've struggled on ib-5 way too long

Sorry if this has already been flagged but has anyone else lost the option to change the audio output between 7.1 and stereo (previously on the bottom of the sound volume options)?

Sorry if this has already been flagged but has anyone else lost the option to change the audio output between 7.1 and stereo (previously on the bottom of the sound volume options)?
Yes. They probably expect you to use the PS5 audio settings to choose your speaker setup.

they NEED to fix the smoke quantity imo. That looked really impressive before, remember racing some and the guy in front of me was drifting, the whole part of the track had smoke slowly dissipating, looked really good

Still no fix for the lack of race music when doing a time trial. Really PD? How am I to enjoy the soundtrack you had made specifically for the game when most of my time is spent doing time trial.

Could the reduction in smoke and spray be due to a ”global” update ie for both PS4 & PS5? Maybe once the initial bugs are squashed, they’ll start doing specific PS4 & PS5 updates and reinstate the smoke affects?

(No idea as I’m not a game developer so no idea how these things work!)

It's a real shame that this update broke dirt/drift missions and license tests. With low credit rewards elsewhere I'd rather unlock all of the cars I can through these before I try to gold all the races (and avoid overspending on cars and upgrades), but now I can't do that either.

I keep turning on the game but then I realize that I can't really do what I wanted and turn it back off.
Maybe I can just skip the broken challenges for now? Still feels bad though. :/

It's a real shame that this update broke dirt/drift missions and license tests. With low credit rewards elsewhere I'd rather unlock all of the cars I can through these before I try to gold all the races (and avoid overspending on cars and upgrades), but now I can't do that either.

I keep turning on the game but then I realize that I can't really do what I wanted and turn it back off.
Maybe I can just skip the broken challenges for now? Still feels bad though. :/
The chance of getting high credit rewards seem to have been modified as well.. I've been farming High Speed Ring, Clubman Cup, for a decent amount to afford the used cars I'd like since release up until the patch.

Now my previous 10/10 winning car had dropped significantly in performance not reaching the same speed anymore. There also seem to be better cars entering, or better AI.. Although that might be due to the fact that I'm now watching them pass me by even if I wall ride through certain corners. I've got no chance.

I mean not in THAT way. Cut me a break. There just ain't nothing to let you know. The tires handle fine, but there is just a cliff after you run to the edge. You just can't tell.
Your setup is messed up as they say. Fiddle around with it. There are ways to fix those problems.

Your setup is messed up as they say. Fiddle around with it. There are ways to fix those problems.
No issue with setups, even competitive players are showing that the cars aren't handling right at the edge. No matter the setup, there is no slip angle. You go beyond what the game says you have your car snap oversteers.

1.06 worsened the game in terms of physics and immersion. Wouldn't have thought that this happens with the first patch...

Now people are happy about the cars not flipping over after big jumps. There's that "magic hand" stabilizing your car mid-air. Wasn't it possible for those people demanding these changes to be sensitive on the throttle of an insanely powerful car before a jump? Or just use the brakes?

Immersion went down big time due to the lack of good amounts of tyre smoke, dirt/dust and water spray.
Seriously, who was it complaining about these things prior 1.06 and why?! I've seen nobody and I'd love to know.

Getting the Clean Race is much easier than it was in GT Sport, both in version 1.05 ans 1.06. You can hit a wall pretty hard and still get the bonus.

Yves

Wtf was this update pd ? The great smoke and spray has gone. Impossible to make rx7 mission (the car doesnt reach 250km/h) and all dirt mission and licenses are broken… what a shame.

Impossible to make rx7 mission (the car doesnt reach 250km/h)
If this is one of those drafting missions, chances are you have the wrong wind.

Wind greatly affects the drafting missions. It's random every time. You need to exit and restart the challenge.

PD forgot to disable the wind randomization, or the wind altogether, it seems.

If this is one of those drafting missions, chances are you have the wrong wind.

Wind greatly affects the drafting missions. It's random every time. You need to exit and restart the challenge.

PD forgot to disable the wind randomization, or the wind altogether, it seems.

Thankyou so much, ill try later

I really hope this is a bug and they bring back the old spray/smoke back, i was loving the wet trackdays and races

I was hoping we'd ever get some sort of weather forecast/indicator thing on the race menu. Guess this is the first step. Personally other than performance fixes on base PS4, or something miraculous like making it so menus (refuse to call them that stupid redundant name) aren't tied to unlocking the basic features of the game for future players, I'm just waiting to hear about the first DLC cars.

any update for anything ever*
How do you get passed the music mini games?

So, let's see. PS5 user here. New update... I get:

• Chariots of Fire music stuck on menu. It doesn't matter if I shut down the console, it stays.
  • Uncompletable dirt Circuit Experience because the cars have Racing Hard tyres instead of Dirt tyres on.
  • Apparently bugged Sector 5 (and I suspect full lap as well) Circuit Experience at Le Mans. The car snaps wildly and it's literally impossible to hold the same line at the same speed as the Demonstration (seen as possible before the update).
  • The game freezes while I'm trying to work on a livery.
  • Trying to load my liveries... "An error occurred during the download [CE-900204]". Meaning I don't have any liveries right now, downloaded or created by my own hand. Spent hours on some stuff, can't even use it.
  • If I try to apply any of my created liveries, the game gets stuck on "Please Wait 0%".
  • If I go to "Showcase", everything looks blank.

Am I seriously concerned my save file is broken and impossible to get back to normality? Yes, yes I am. The kind of concern that might push me to stop playing, if I have to re-do it all from scratch...

Don’t know if this is just me but ever since the update all of the AI cars are all of a sudden running stock wheels even with body kits and wide bodies. When you pass them it’ll show the icon on the right with custom wheels but they won’t be on the actual AI cars. Kind of breaks immersion for me.

Hello, so I’ve been playing gt7 for almost a week now and I’ve done a major amount of progress, with 100 cars collected already. Unfortunately, something went wrong with my in game file and everything got reseted. I still own all of my cars but the game is unplayable it does not let me do races in the menu book. What should I do? View attachment 1122823

So, let's see. PS5 user here. New update... I get:

• Chariots of Fire music stuck on menu. It doesn't matter if I shut down the console, it stays.
  • Uncompletable dirt Circuit Experience because the cars have Racing Hard tyres instead of Dirt tyres on.
  • Apparently bugged Sector 5 (and I suspect full lap as well) Circuit Experience at Le Mans. The car snaps wildly and it's literally impossible to hold the same line at the same speed as the Demonstration (seen as possible before the update).
  • The game freezes while I'm trying to work on a livery.
  • Trying to load my liveries... "An error occurred during the download [CE-900204]". Meaning I don't have any liveries right now, downloaded or created by my own hand. Spent hours on some stuff, can't even use it.
  • If I try to apply any of my created liveries, the game gets stuck on "Please Wait 0%".
  • If I go to "Showcase", everything looks blank.

Am I seriously concerned my save file is broken and impossible to get back to normality? Yes, yes I am. The kind of concern that might push me to stop playing, if I have to re-do it all from scratch...
My save file got reseted, i have all my cars, trophies, and menu books but if i wanna take part in new races from the menu book it’s unplayable it does not let me anymore.

No option to load saved own ghost lap on time trial just as it was possible before in any GT ????? Why ?

Is anyone having issues with the G923?

it was fine before the update,
but now it works for a couple of minutes and the force feedback stops completely!
I checked all wirings and plugged it into another power socket, but it’s the same

Don’t know if it’s a problem from the game or the ps5 or the wheel itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back