Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.08 is Now Available: Fixes "Serious Issue", Restoring Game Access

• Thread starter Famine
  • 201 comments
What has been said in his statement is no good when we've paid full price for a triple A title. I don't want to 'wait and see' I want a completed game upon release...
That was never going to be the case here, but I think we all hoped to have more to start off with.

The reasoning for lowering the reward payouts for most of those races makes absolutely zero sense, and does not solve the problem of players re-doing the same races over and over again. Players will still grind the same races over and over again, they just won't get paid as much now.

Last edited:
What has been said in his statement is no good when we've paid full price for a triple A title. I don't want to 'wait and see' I want a completed game upon release...
Sounds like this was forced upon by Sony. I think this is more common than people think. Publishers from SEGA to Ubisoft force bad decisions upon developers they own, thinking they would boost profit from the game at the expense of consumers. This is why I think PD needs to go independent.

PD games are usually never finished upon release because Kaz always wants to work longer on a game, but when Sony says "We want it out at that date", then it is like it is.
The GT series has established itself to be a long-term game since there is an online functionality and, if you like it or not, you need to be on the game for two or three years to see its full potential.

Kaz pointing the finger at Sony for the microtransactions.
...did he?

You need to be aware that Kazunori Yamauchi is part of SCE... And he is in the top of it...

I supported this franchise since first game released, even offspins, and for each of those games, console was in place, thanks to that, leading me to really great gaming experience... But there are things that I my self cannot get over, and all that has to do with current state of GT7.

GT7 is good game hands down, but sadly lack of content and rewards is absolutly non acceptable... Cannot start with all the problems/negatives I see in game, but I do plan to bring up all my toughts about this game... After all, I am really long time in all of this...

Well some will stop all together and others will be mechanically grinding the same event twice as much as before.

I do think PD will add a lot more and races will have bigger payouts but it will be months away. I would hope people don't waste their life away grinding fisherman's ranch for half the credits. A good way to vote is stop playing most of the game, just play to have fun in a small way, forget the credits and play the bits you enjoy and shut the game down, in a few months you'll be able to buy cars much easier. If no MTX are taking place and no-one is playing enough to buy the cars they've spent a lot of time modeling then some guilt and awareness will transpire.

Last edited:
In 2 - 3 months nobody's gonna gonna pissed anymore, most will have forgotten completely. And I think that's ok. It's just a game after all... you people need to chill the f out, there are more important things on this planet earth.

Nice to see that they have fixed it (so that the game can atleast be played now)

Last edited:
Sure don't see the implication of Kaz passing the buck onto Sony for forcing the micro-transactions...and even if that was the case, it takes two to tango, and it sure seems like Polyphony is intent on keeping the course.

Boy, way to absolutely torpedo any good will built up with a new game. But then again, this has been occurring since 2010, and no one simply wanted to acknowledge it.

It is great to see the game up again but the update(s) didn't resolve the menu book bug for me and Im still unable to progress/open up the rest of the game. It is both frustrating and highly disappointing.

To the people who think that Sony is somehow to blame for micro-transactions...this is the third straight game that has had them. In the case of GT Sport, Polyphony put them in more or less after lying to fans and said that they wouldn't. At what point do we stop with trying to blame Sony and realize that Polyphony is just as much to blame? Because yeah, as per usual, it seems like convenient buck passing that Kaz could never sign off on this, that he was forced into it. Considering Kaz's power both as a figurehead of one of Sony's last remaining Japanese first party studios, and having a significant position on the Playstation board, I find that excuse incredibly hard to believe.

Back