Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.08 is Now Available: Fixes "Serious Issue", Restoring Game Access

• Thread starter Famine
  • 201 comments
Nothing is designed to make you pay for microtransactions. If they really wanted to do that, they would lower the price. If anything, it's the complete opposite. They're encouraging people to play the game. Kinda makes sense.

From what I understand, you can create custom races and alter the difficulty level. How is that boring and repetitive with hundreds of cars and 94 track layouts to choose from? Oh yeah, I forgot. A few very expensive cars can not be obtained within a few days. The I-want-it-now culture.
Maybe people would have more incentive to do custom races if PD didn’t drastically cut the payouts of them compared to GT Sport.

More like "problem ignored", right? Which is what you're doing.

I have no problem with the game whatsoever. I really like it so for me I'm not ignoring anything.
Everyone was told that content updates would come in time, as is customary for most games nowadays.
It was also revealed what the game would have at launch. If people then bought the game thinking there would be content not stated in official media, then there's not much to say about them.

The problem people are having is they can't even get the content that was stated in official media (at least not without forking over some more money)...

It's more a case they can't get it within a short period of time. They may need to be a bit more patient. But I've also seen numerous posts complaining about lack of races, no endurance races, b-spec, café menu being too short, bored, boring etc.

It's more a case they can't get it within a short period of time. They may need to be a bit more patient. But I've also seen numerous posts complaining about lack of races, no endurance races, b-spec, café menu being too short, bored, boring etc.
There's been proved in so many threads and in an official site news that the problem here is not patience! It's a broken economy system that they had at least 4 years to implement, and they chose to make it worse through an update before "promising" to make it better. And the controversy of Kaz saying that he doesn't want us to grind, yet hasn't done anything about it before the game launched.

A few very expensive cars can not be obtained within a few days. The I-want-it-now culture.
A large number of cars can not be obtained within YEARS if you just play custom races or online races.

People don't want them now, they want them within a reasonable time frame. Couple of hundred hours total gameplay maybe. Not 1600+, which is what it'll currently take.

Races would be the last thing they do. Programming the game would take priority, and who knows how many setbacks and changes they've had. PS5 exclusive? No, now you've to make sure it'll all work on the PS4 too. But I was going to make some races this afternoon. No, you have to check this code works on all 3 systems.
I'm not going to deny they probably had issues and a PS4/5 version wasn't the plan from the start but we're not talking about a team of 6 people or something here, PD have hundreds of staff members. I don't buy for one second that they don't have at least one person whose sole job is creating events and forming the career structure.
PD have never been known to be timely, yet GT7 seemed to come out relatively quickly, certainly compared to the length of time 4 and 5 seemed to take.
It came out 4.5 years after GTS. GT5 came out 6 years after GT4, and had a Prologue and various other tech demos and stuff in the meantime. GT4 came out 3 years after GT3.

Yes we've been in a pandemic but Kaz said that didn't really affect them.

Sorry, I just don't buy that what they've put in GT7 is all they had the time to make. Stuff is being held back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to point out to the same people who strongly defend Kaz's choice that the Legendary Dealer has just put a wonderful Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 at the very "Honest" figure of 3.000.000 Cr., curious to know how many of us have succeeded to get it without saving Cr. before patch 1.08 or spending money on MTX.

EDIT: I also understand the point of trying to make this game long over the years, but why do I have to wait until 2030 to drive a damn virtual car? Man, the economy of this game is so broken that I don't want to believe that anyone agrees with this choice of having to sweat something even in a video game that should be entertaining...

Last edited:
EDIT: I also understand the point of trying to make this game long over the years, but why do I have to wait until 2030 to drive a damn virtual car? Man, the economy of this game is so broken that I don't want to believe that anyone agrees with this choice of having to sweat something even in a video game that should be entertaining...
Right, then the cash situation is made worse by the cost's of tuning parts. And they say it's long term, but what if they do it like they did 5 and 6? Where they just decide it's done for. They managed to release 3 updates that really didn't fix any of the main bugs, it just made it more non enjoyable by increasing the grind.

Yeah and I’ve had way more fun playing Mario Kart with family and friends than I’ve ever had with GT.
Ive not played MK8 with my daughter much but me and her have played a ton of 51 games worldwide a lot together. The bowling is loads of fun and the rock and sock em rip off along with the scaletric game on it too. I'm looking forward to switch sports with the family.

Those days are over, friend. Gamers have accepted games releasing in alpha stages and patched to death for months to make it 'complete'. Truly sad times we live in.
I just skip most games. I've been waiting until elden ring gets it pc port fixed before I drop the money on it or until I get my steamdeck since it's meant to run better under Linux. But I agree I don't know why people support and get behind these scummy practices.

Maybe people would have more incentive to do custom races if PD didn’t drastically cut the payouts of them compared to GT Sport.
100% agreed. Especially now with the dynamic time and weather + custom grids, there are so many possibilities for fun custom races. The payouts are so low that I'm on the verge of thinking it's a bug. With decent payouts it would be the most fun way of building up the bank :)

Now look at this, I can only afford one car and it's sold by out, why do we have to have a false economy in this game real life is not enough, if you don't think this is a bad design decision then you deff have something wrong, and don't give me the it's an exclusive car what not this is a game n not real life, It this **** continues I'll probably have to think about a Xbox or even a PC. If they do anything with NFTs I'm out

Attachments

• RDT_20220322_0737498326093835922466971.png
    RDT_20220322_0737498326093835922466971.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 12
Oh boy I'm I glad I came back here today.

I've not turned my PS4 on for over a year (I'm now pretty much PC for sim racing now), and I was thinking picking up GT7 today...

...and thanks to you guys I've saved $70 or so. I think I'll sit this one out, and wait for GT8.
The possible and probable problem with GT8 is that it will either have the same boring and bad finish of forcing players to cap PP limits and tyre choice in single player modus! And Kaz seems to love MTX equally much after the debacle with GT7, he's just sorry that players don't want to be legally scammed.

The possible and probable problem with GT8 is that it will either have the same boring and bad finish of forcing players to cap PP limits and tyre choice in single player modus! And Kaz seems to love MTX equally much after the debacle with GT7, he's just sorry that players don't want to be legally scammed.
Games have become worse as the years go on, so I agree. GT8 will probably be another tone deaf entry.

Back