Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.08 is Now Available: Fixes "Serious Issue", Restoring Game Access

• Thread starter Famine
  • 201 comments
Mate, most people's expectations now unfortunately are through the effing roof. They expect to pay $70 and have all cars ever created and have b-spec, endurance races and 1000s upon 1000s of default races, preferably with triple figure payouts for a 5 minute race. Oh, and not pay for DLC. Like, EVAH.

What has been said in his statement is no good when we've paid full price for a triple A title. I don't want to 'wait and see' I want a completed game upon release...
Those days are over, friend. Gamers have accepted games releasing in alpha stages and patched to death for months to make it 'complete'. Truly sad times we live in.

Those days are over, friend. Gamers have accepted games releasing in alpha stages and patched to death for months to make it 'complete'. Truly sad times we live in.
They probably shouldn't have led promotion of this game calling it "the most complete Gran Turismo to date" then. That was just a bold faced lie to try and part people of $70.

Mate, most people's expectations now unfortunately are through the effing roof. They expect to pay $70 and have all cars ever created and have b-spec, endurance races and 1000s upon 1000s of default races, preferably with triple figure payouts for a 5 minute race. Oh, and not pay for DLC. Like, EVAH.
Well my expectations for Hyperbolic Straw Man simulator are really high to be honest. When are you releasing it?

Last edited:
You are something else. Good luck with your life. :lol:

That's Gran Turismo 4. You're describing a 17 year old game. Expecting a 2022 game to be better than a 2005 game isn't having high expectations at all, it's simply expecting the bare minimum.

Last edited:
That's Gran Turismo 4. You're describing a 17 year old game. Expecting a 2022 game to be better than a 2005 game isn't having high expectations at all, it's simply expecting the bare minimum.

Thing is, the term 'better' is rather subjective.

GT4 never had this amount of detail. No weather effects, no night driving, no Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Maserati etc. No cockpit views. Crap engine sounds, primitive graphics compared to today, no scapes, far worse handling characteristics, no custom races.

I would take GT7 over any of the PS1 or PS2 GT games. And this is coming from someone who owned all of them. I don't look at things through rose tinted glasses.

Thing is, the term 'better' is rather subjective.

GT4 never had this amount of detail. No weather effects, no night driving, no Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Maserati etc. No cockpit views. Crap engine sounds, primitive graphics compared to today, no scapes, far worse handling characteristics, no custom races.

I would take GT7 over any of the PS1 or PS2 GT games. And this is coming from someone who owned all of them. I don't look at things through rose tinted glasses.
You do look at things through rose tinted glasses, you're looking at a game with an awful career mode designed to make you pay for microtransactions through rose tinted glasses. GT7 does have a lot of features that are far better than GT4, but there's really nothing you can do with it after about a week of playing the game.

For example: what's the point in having Ferraris and Lamborghinis if you can barely even afford them without buying microtransactions? What's the point in having night racing if there are no endurance events? What's the point in having custom races when there's no incentive for doing them? What's the point in having good graphics and sounds when the racing is not fun and extremely, unbelievably repetative? What's the point in any of it when the game essentially becomes a FTP knock off after 20 hours of gameplay at most?

I don't need insider knowledge though. The game even lets us create events ourselves in game, how long does that take you? The only part missing is the graphic, and adding it permanently to the database.

GT7 has 40 events. Even if it takes an entire day to create each one (highly unlikely) they could have done those in just over a month of development. They've had years. There is no excuse.

Races would be the last thing they do. Programming the game would take priority, and who knows how many setbacks and changes they've had. PS5 exclusive? No, now you've to make sure it'll all work on the PS4 too. But I was going to make some races this afternoon. No, you have to check this code works on all 3 systems.

PD have never been known to be timely, yet GT7 seemed to come out relatively quickly, certainly compared to the length of time 4 and 5 seemed to take.

:lol:Idk dudes….

I absolutely love this game. Just completed the menus today, haven’t touched the missions yet, only have done a few of the 🌶 races, haven’t touched sport mode yet, haven’t touched the custom races… and I feel like I’ve already gotten my money’s worth from this game.

I can’t wait to start really modding the cars I have, pick up a few more of my dream cars ,pick up a few of my mandatory GR.3 and GR.4 cars…. And start hitting my favorite circuits for some hot lapping and tuning sessions.

I know my standards might be lower than some… but I don’t think by much. Between how good this game looks, the dynamic weather and TOD which they completely knocked out of the park, the improved physics for any car that is equipped with Sport Softs or better. This game rocks! Yeah the economy for credits and MTX’s could be better, but then again, I’m not the type that needs every dream car of mine RIGHT NOW. Just a few of my favorite race cars, a few JDM’s, an F40, a 787 and a couple classic Porsches and I’m good!!
This is my feeling as well.

Just wish some of the hero cars from my childhood weren't so dang expensive in game. :lol::lol:

Races would be the last thing they do. Programming the game would take priority, and who knows how many setbacks and changes they've had. PS5 exclusive? No, now you've to make sure it'll all work on the PS4 too. But I was going to make some races this afternoon. No, you have to check this code works on all 3 systems.

PD have never been known to be timely, yet GT7 seemed to come out relatively quickly, certainly compared to the length of time 4 and 5 seemed to take.
But we already know they have a bunch of races ready, from the Jimmy Fallon footage. And worst case scenario they could've just took some from GT Sport. I'd rather do (some of) the same Gr. 1 Cup races again than not having Gr. 1 races at all.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.08 is Now Available: Fixes “Serious Issue”, Restoring Game Access

After a disastrous 24 hours or so for Gran Turismo 7, a new update is now available that remedies problems introduced by Thursday’s v1.07 update...
Hey I’m new to this forum. I made it to hopefully get some help or see if anyone is having the same issue after this stupid update.
So last night my game was running perfectly fine and everything. I had to something else for a couple of hours and when I got back and booted up my ps5, I opened gran tourismo and it made me adjust my settings and controls all over again. After that, it my world map was completely reset. It says I’m collector level one again. Hours prior, I was level 18. The funny thing is that when I go to settings, it says I’m still lvl 18 and it shows me the total miles I’ve driven in total. When I go into garage, all the cars I’ve unlocked are still there. I was also on menu book 34 the AMG one. When I tried going into the world circuit to completed this menu book, the whole world is at 0. All three of them.
My game is literally unplayable. It doesn’t let me do any races. I tried restoring data and even deleting the game a couple of times with no change. It seems my lvl 18 progress merged with a level 1 or something. I’m not sure if I explained this right but I would love to know if someone else has experienced something similar
Please help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kaz is the type of guy to release an album and implore you to listen to it from beginning to end as it was meant to be heard rather than skipping tracks. This type of attitude can be annoying to the average person, but is almost universally shared quality amongst people that operate at his caliber. Think Kojima. So I can understand the reward slashing a bit from his perspective to force players into expanding the races they choose.

“Looking at Gran Turismo in the longer term” is something you’d only be able to do with a racing game as it is inherently live service because of sport mode. Games like GT have the ability to be further built out over time because they aren’t single player narrative focused experiences like Horizon, Elden Ring, Uncharted.

I’m not thrilled with what’s been going on in GT7, but its early days and I can’t think of a single game developed and released during the pandemic that hasn’t had hiccups at their launch. Here’s to hoping the games industry can rally and return to more polished experiences when the world finally calms down.

I’m not thrilled with what’s been going on in GT7, but its early days and I can’t think of a single game developed and released during the pandemic that hasn’t had hiccups at their launch.
How's nerfing the in-game economy to around half to what it paid before a "hiccup"? It's done pretty much on purpose. Just like everything thing else revolving the in-game economy.

So I'm really pissed, so before 1.07 the Porka 919 LMP1 was 1,000,000 I was planning of buying that, it's now 3,000,000 we all know it's now going to only go up from here Which means more grinding, look at the real world car prices they just go up we like our games to be realistic but this has got to stop

So I'm really pissed, so before 1.07 the Porka 919 LMP1 was 1,000,000 I was planning of buying that, it's now 3,000,000 we all know it's now going to only go up from here Which means more grinding, look at the real world car prices they just go up we like our games to be realistic but this has got to stop
Prices haven't changed, the 919 costs 3 million since launch:

Go to 8:08 👆🏽

I thought It was 1mil maybe that was gtsport, still 919 Seems over priced competitively to all other LMP1s in game don't you think?
They've changed some prices comparing to GT Sport: some cars cost the same, some are cheaper, some are more expensive. GT Sport had some standard prices regarding some car classes:
  • 350,000 for any Gr.4 car;
  • 450,000 for any Gr.3 or Gr.B car;
  • 800,000 for any Gr.2 car;
  • 1,000,000 for any Gr.1 or VGT car.
That's not the case in GT7 anymore.

They've changed some prices comparing to GT Sport: some cars cost the same, some are cheaper, some are more expensive. GT Sport had some standard prices regarding some car classes:
  • 350,000 for any Gr.4 car;
  • 450,000 for any Gr.3 or Gr.B car;
  • 800,000 for any Gr.2 car;
  • 1,000,000 for any Gr.1 or VGT car.
That's not the case in GT7 anymore.

And we don't know what will happen in the future will they go up in price? False ff economy

You do look at things through rose tinted glasses, you're looking at a game with an awful career mode designed to make you pay for microtransactions through rose tinted glasses. GT7 does have a lot of features that are far better than GT4, but there's really nothing you can do with it after about a week of playing the game.

For example: what's the point in having Ferraris and Lamborghinis if you can barely even afford them without buying microtransactions? What's the point in having night racing if there are no endurance events? What's the point in having custom races when there's no incentive for doing them? What's the point in having good graphics and sounds when the racing is not fun and extremely, unbelievably repetative? What's the point in any of it when the game essentially becomes a FTP knock off after 20 hours of gameplay at most?

Nothing is designed to make you pay for microtransactions. If they really wanted to do that, they would lower the price. If anything, it's the complete opposite. They're encouraging people to play the game. Kinda makes sense.

From what I understand, you can create custom races and alter the difficulty level. How is that boring and repetitive with hundreds of cars and 94 track layouts to choose from? Oh yeah, I forgot. A few very expensive cars can not be obtained within a few days. The I-want-it-now culture.

Nothing is designed to make you pay for microtransactions.
Stopped reading after this. That's just obvious nonsense at this point. Literally the entire game is designed to make you pay for microtransactions and there have been entire threads worth of people explaining why. You can pretend like you're supposed to repeat the same race for hundreds of hours just to be able to afford stuff in this game, but that's not true. They intentionally tanked the already low payouts because they did not want people to earn large amount of credits through playing the game. You're supposed to buy credits, not earn them. If you were supposed to earn credits, they'd actually make it fun and worthwhile. You can create custom races and alter the difficulty level (that is, you can pick between "baby's first race", "Mercedes F1 2014-2016", and "easy") and earn (a tiny amount of) credits that way, but you're really not supposed to.

I'd rather be a part of the supposed 'I-want-it-now-culture' than the 'omg pd is totally in the right for selling us a game where there's nothing to do and nothing to achieve-culture'. Neither of those cultures actually exist, ofcourse, but it's easy to pretend like everyone else is wrong when facing cognitive dissonance.

Stopped reading after this. That's just obvious nonsense at this point. Literally the entire game is designed to make you pay for microtransactions and there have been entire threads worth of people explaining why. You can pretend like you're supposed to repeat the same race for hundreds of hours just to be able to afford stuff in this game, but that's not true. They intentionally tanked the already low payouts because they did not want people to earn large amount of credits through playing the game. You're supposed to buy credits, not earn them. If you were supposed to earn credits, they'd actually make it fun and worthwhile. You can create custom races and alter the difficulty level (that is, you can pick between "baby's first race", "Mercedes F1 2014-2016", and "easy") and earn (a tiny amount of) credits that way, but you're really not supposed to.

I'd rather be a part of the supposed 'I-want-it-now-culture' than the 'omg pd is totally in the right for selling us a game where there's nothing to do and nothing to achieve-culture'. Neither of those cultures actually exist, ofcourse, but it's easy to pretend like everyone else is wrong when facing cognitive dissonance.

Ok, there's no problem. If you feel that strongly about being cheated out of your money, you can always sell the game and do something else. Problem resolved.

Back