Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
That's a lie
No, it's not.
it was said that this game would have the essence of the previous Gran Turismos, in addition to including the GT mode from the beginning
Okay. So what?
because it should not be able to be played when connected
This doesn't make any sense. Why would having a GT mode mean always online isn't a requirement?

One previous GT had an always online requirement. It was the most recent one. Thus GT7 having it is also an "essence of the previous Gran Turismos" (like the livery editor, which also made a debut in GT Sport).

The only thing they achieve with this is that they are nothing more than paperweights, because once the servers have closed it will be UNUGABLE
Ah, the hilarious paperweight gag again.

Also, yes. Unugable. Totally unable to ug.

it doesn't get into your head
Actually I've stated on several occasions that it's quite annoying that when GT Sport's servers close it will be the first game in the history of GT you won't be able to go back and play for nostalgic purposes - and how odd that is given that Yamauchi knows how much players like to play the old games.

What doesn't get into your head is that accepting this technical limitation PD has imposed upon itself isn't the same thing as liking it.

you are nothing more than a bunch of ****ing FANBOYS
Aside from the fact you're being boorish at this point, this insult doesn't even make any sense.

Fact is GT7 is built around always being online. That's reality. Whining about it and popping up once an update to post a link to a petition isn't going to change that; PD would need to rebuild the entire game - which it has worked on for more than five years, so figure on at least a year - to satisfy your request, during which time you'd likely get no new content. Which I'm sure wouldn't cause any whining at all.

Maybe, at the end of the game's life, we'll see an update that allows for continued play without servers (good luck, the save files are on the servers). We'll have to wait and see if GT Sport gets that treatment first, and that'll clue us into whether GT7 will.

In the meantime, you can either accept the reality of it or not, but you don't get to act like a tosser to people who are trying to give you information.

@Famine PD has made a wrong decision (always online) - now they have to deal with it and fix it. No matter how.
It made the same decision with GT Sport. That came out in 2017. Seen a "fix" for it yet?

If it happens, it'll be at end of life. Don't hold out any hope.

Last edited:
Yes but Forza has been getting 7-8 cars every month, so what if 3 of them are come-backs I could think of three great cars that could come back to Gran Turismo + 4 new ones. You have to remember this is GT7s first updates, they are usually content rich, but the last 2 have felt a little lack luster. GT Sports updates averaged between 6 to 12 cars for updates 2 to 6.

Update 1 - GT Sport = 3 cars, GT7 = 3 cars
Update 2 - GT Sport = 12 cars, GT7 = 3 cars
Update 3 - GT Sport = 10 cars, GT7 = ???

We’ll see what update 3 brings

4 cars that didn’t return from GT6
View attachment 1154282 View attachment 1154283View attachment 1154284View attachment 1154285
Kaz is making gt7 the most complete gt ever 3 cars at a time 😂

14. Penalties
 - Adjusted the penalty judgement algorithm so that penalties will not be applied for minor contacts in 'Sport' mode and in 'Lobby.'
THANK YOU PD!!!

That's a lie; it was said that this game would have the essence of the previous Gran Turismos, in addition to including the GT mode from the beginning because it should not be able to be played when connected

The only thing they achieve with this is that they are nothing more than paperweights, because once the servers have closed it will be UNUGABLE, it doesn't get into your head, you are nothing more than a bunch of ****ing FANBOYS
Lmao, just because Kazunori said the game would have the essence of the previous Gran Turismo, means that they will disable DRM? Kazunori didn't explicitly said that. It's not a lie and @Famine is right.

Also, I've been for almost 5 years in this site, and I can tell you that the users in here are anything but GT fanboys. You should check out how you censor the words, too. I've been told in the past that you have to censor all the letters, otherwise your account might be deleted, because you're being disrespectful to an administrator of the website...

What's unugable, anyways? did you try to turn the spanish word "Injugable" into english? that would be "unplayable".

They didn't update for me...
Ohh, have you tried starting a Café menu? I received the "Start your first menu" after doing it! I didn't finish it because I'm in class, but I suppose that as soon as you finish that menu, they will give you the other menu trophy.

Last edited:
Lmao, just because Kazunori said the game would have the essence of the previous Gran Turismo, means that they will disable DRM? Kazunori didn't explicitly said that. It's not a lie and @Famine is right.

Also, I've been for almost 5 years in this site, and I can tell you that the users in here are anything but GT fanboys. You should check out how you censor the words, too. I've been told in the past that you have to censor all the letters, otherwise your account might be deleted, because you're being disrespectful to an administrator of the website...

What's unugable, anyways? did you try to turn the spanish word "Injugable" into english? that would be "unplayable".

Ohh, have you tried starting a Café menu? I received the "Start your first menu" after doing it! I didn't finish it because I'm in class, but I suppose that as soon as you finish that menu, they will give you the other menu trophy.
It is that if it has DRM IT IS NOT THE ESSENCE OF THE SAGA, the true essence consists of being able to play it without the need to be connected, the good thing about the previous installments (except for Sport) is that even if 20 years have passed, you are going to to be able to continue enjoying, and that is what fans of the saga want

I do not mean to insult, but I am getting tired of always being criticized for something that is obvious, or defending the indefensible

Yes, I meant to say UNPLAYABLE, I must have been wrong

It seems the human comedy missions are a lot easier now. I read somewhere that there was a bug in the difficulty settings. I tried it on Kyoto with the GR Supra RZ '20 and and finished first with some 30 seconds gap. Before it was a fight for me to finish with 0.1 seconds. Can anybody confirm this?

It is that if it has DRM IT IS NOT THE ESSENCE OF THE SAGA, the true essence consists of being able to play it without the need to be connected, the good thing about the previous installments (except for Sport) is that even if 20 years have passed, you are going to to be able to continue enjoying, and that is what fans of the saga want

I do not mean to insult, but I am getting tired of always being criticized for something that is obvious, or defending the indefensible

Yes, I meant to say UNPLAYABLE, I must have been wrong
No, I know you didn't mean to insult any of us, however we're not defending the indefensible, we're just telling the truth according to how's the game, and its intention. Who likes the game to be DRM? can you point me out an user that said that? and i'm not telling you at least five users, no, no. Only one.

And by the "essence of the saga", that still has nothing to do with the fact that the game is DRM tbh. What they meant to say was that the game would have the same campaign as before, you can obviously see if the game accomplished with that, or not, but I think my point prevails. Polyphony can, of course, patch the game one last time in order to disable DRM, but that's unfortunately up to them, we should first start seeing what'll they do to GTS.

Can anyone think of a reason why the custom race payout would be set so low?

I don't understand it. It's almost as if PD are purposely hamstringing the custom race mode, but why?
My hunch is they are afraid that there is a combination where you would be able to earn millions to fast.

But it's simple. The accepted benchmark is 1.5 million pr hour. Use that as limit in the custom races and we can have all the fun without the hassle.

It seems the human comedy missions are a lot easier now. I read somewhere that there was a bug in the difficulty settings. I tried it on Kyoto with the GR Supra RZ '20 and and finished first with some 30 seconds gap. Before it was a fight for me to finish with 0.1 seconds. Can anybody confirm this?
God I hope it is easier now lol

Ive got this dissonance going on now I know GT7 is great gameplay, but yet driving around the same tired tracks is truly abject after 400 hrs of GTS. Games are about learning / mastering & discovery these things are a bit hard to come by with this game in it current build. The best things come to those who wait, just a shame there's not much reason to jump back in. Fresh Tarmac is a priority to me at least.

The new Camaro seems like a fun car to try and tune to Gr.4 performance level. It looks the part to me and sounds amazing! Personally not interested in anything VGT; they just boost total car numbers.

Is the new Toyota grouped in Gr.2 or Gr.1?

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 is now available, adding three new cars and the largest single-player expansion for the title we’ve seen to date. The update, v1.15, comes in just under the 1GB mark on both PS4 and PS5 consoles...
Absolute piece of junk! Typical of GT to offer this...

No, I know you didn't mean to insult any of us, however we're not defending the indefensible, we're just telling the truth according to how's the game, and its intention. Who likes the game to be DRM? can you point me out an user that said that? and i'm not telling you at least five users, no, no. Only one.

And by the "essence of the saga", that still has nothing to do with the fact that the game is DRM tbh. What they meant to say was that the game would have the same campaign as before, you can obviously see if the game accomplished with that, or not, but I think my point prevails. Polyphony can, of course, patch the game one last time in order to disable DRM, but that's unfortunately up to them, we should first start seeing what'll they do to GTS.
I would not know how to point it out to you, but I have seen in other forums and others that there are people who defend that system or who simply do not care

On the other hand, there are also people who think the same as me, that it is a mistake, because it really is.

It's true, we have to see what will happen to Sport, although it could also be that they don't patch it and let it die, worse in the event that they patch it, what do I do with Gran Turismo 7?, I wait between 5-10 years to stick with it and then another 5-10 years until it's fully upgraded?

The gearbox PP calculation change seems to take gear ratio out of PP stat calculation:

So basically back to GT5/GT6 behavior (gear ratio being part of PP was a GT5P thing). Changing your transmission type (adjustable manual vs FCT) does still change PP however.

Last edited:
I get that the career mode needs to be always online, but I do wish they would update the arcade mode to let you use your garage cars. The default selection of like 15 cars is pretty sad.

Would be nice for me specifically since the main time I have to play is around 130am after I get off work, every time we have maintenance or an update it seems to start at 2 so I get 20min to play before getting kicked off.

I just got 1 million credits from a six star ticket when I usually receive the lowest prize so here’s hoping. Will see what the other menus bring.
I think they're just really generous with these things around updates to take advantage of the big blip in people coming back and playing. It will quickly go back to normal distributions, 100% bad prizes all the time.

Back