Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
Regarding the FFB Update in Patch 1.15...
Todays Game Update 1.15 changed the FFB for the GT DD PRO a LOT.
In general the FFB strength was significantly reduced with the update which you need to compensate with increasing in game Max Torque setting to 10 and increasing FOR setting on the wheel to 120.

Before the update in corners the FFB was basically dead, you only felt a heavy constant center spring once you went past the slip angle. In corners there was therefore no FFB detail like road bumps, curbs etc.
In some cars on high speeds you also got massive oscillations.
With Patch 1.15 you can now feel all these FFB details and you no longer get the massive oscillations.

Is the new FFB perfect? No. The resistance is still weaker than it was previously and an increase of the FOR setting to 120 should definitely not be necessary to get a somehow good resistance.
So yes, PD needs to increase the overall resistance force now again a bit but I think we can all agree that the overall FFB details in corners are much much better now, when you adjust the settings accordingly.
You can also easily test the old and new FFB back and forth because the new FFB was only implemented into the blue native PS mode. In purple PS compatibility mode the old FFB is still active. I think when testing back and forth it is very obvious that the new FFB is much more detailed in corners so in general PD made a significant improvement here which they just need to refine with a bit more resistance strength again in the next update.

For now, these would be my personal new recommended settings for GT7 Patch 1.15:
SEN: AUTO
FFB: 100
FFS: PEAK
NDP: 50
NFR: 25
NIN: OFF
INT: 3
FEI: 90
FOR: 120
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

GT7 in Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 10
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

Anyone else using a Fanatec DD Pro wheel/pedal set find this update completely ruined the feedback on the wheel? It's undriveable. There is hardly any feedback. I was tearing it up at Autopolis all last night, sat down to squeeze in a race today, and it's like the car got a completely new power steering rack that took away all the feel. The load is minuscule even when I turn up the settings. Something is not right... anyone else find this? Or is it just me? You don't lose muscle memory like that, it is definitely something wacky in the updated performance.

Force Feedback has been neutered by this update. Terrible design choice.
ok, saw this after my post. holy hell it's unbelievable how bad it is... I feel like I'm driving on my old non-FF Thrustmaster wheel... and I wasn't able to get within a second of my best time from yesterday on Race C. Was afraid to even race as without the feeling, the car will be aimless when in the dirty air of the car in front... what a disaster.

Honestly, I won't even race if the FFB is this awful. There is ZERO feel at lower speeds and you're just guessing where to turn the wheel now. They need to fix it STAT.

Last edited:
Can anyone think of a reason why the custom race payout would be set so low?

I don't understand it. It's almost as if PD are purposely hamstringing the custom race mode, but why?
They don’t want you grinding around their stupid micro transactions. A small fraction of players will even bother setting up stuff like grinding scripts for long races, most would just use it to make events they can do repeatedly.

Anyone else using a Fanatec DD Pro wheel/pedal set find this update completely ruined the feedback on the wheel? It's undriveable. There is hardly any feedback. I was tearing it up at Autopolis all last night, sat down to squeeze in a race today, and it's like the car got a completely new power steering rack that took away all the feel. The load is minuscule even when I turn up the settings. Something is not right... anyone else find this? Or is it just me? You don't lose muscle memory like that, it is definitely something wacky in the updated performance.

ok, saw this after my post. holy hell it's unbelievable how bad it is... I feel like I'm driving on my old non-FF Thrustmaster wheel... and I wasn't able to get within a second of my best time from yesterday on Race C. Was afraid to even race as without the feeling, the car will be aimless when in the dirty air of the car in front... what a disaster.

Honestly, I won't even race if the FFB is this awful. There is ZERO feel at lower speeds and you're just guessing where to turn the wheel now. They need to fix it STAT.
You just need to change Max Torque to 10 and FOR to 120, then it feels good.
Really, everyone who is complaining about the new FFB is using wrong settings. Change the settings, give it a try and then you will agree that the FFB feels significantly better now. Soooooo much more FFB detail in corners now!

So, I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but there are two A. Inostroza for the new gr.1 events, at least at Suzuka, one on the Hyundai and the other on the Toyota GR010.

1653581265810.png

Jerome

Force Feedback has been neutered by this update. Terrible design choice.
You just need to change Max Torque to 10 and FOR to 120, then it feels good.
Really, everyone who is complaining about the new FFB is using wrong settings. Change the settings, give it a try and then you will agree that the FFB feels significantly better now. Soooooo much more FFB detail in corners now!
I'll give it a try but I didn't have time for a fishing and calibration session so it was frustrating. If the FFB is there at those settings, I'll see how it goes. Danke for the advice!

And: if PD are gonna make changes like that they should help communicate it better so that you don't think your wheel is busted and quit playing. Not smart.

Last edited:
They really aren't. It's 3-4 non-DLC additions per month, and the Car Pass is running out soon. Many of the non-DLC additions are just ported from the previous game, held back simply to be added in later, just like much of GT7's races.
Because we paid full price for a game with content witheld,then have to be grateful that they add updates as new content.Whats not to like?Its nothing like previous GT`s content wise.

Just one thing; could you categorically prove that PD have deliberately witheld content? Not saying you're wrong but would you be able to prove it? If indeed they have then I'm sure there would be a backlash.

Not aimed directly at you @Sonic939 but you are all over this board this morning......

I do not understand why people are all up in arms about what the developer thought would be best for their game. If they wanted it to be online, that is their choice. If they wanted to have microtransactions, also their choice.

GT Sport was always online. It was a requirement of the game. Why don't people wait a week or two to see reactions to a game before they purchase it? Is FOMO that much of a thing? I expected GT7 to be always online because GT Sport was. I would have been surprised if it wasn't.

Asking a developer to change the game that THEY designed to work how YOU think it should is nonsense! They obviously chose this direction for a reason.

Now I do understand the complaints about the amount of content. Yes, I would have loved to have more content out of the box but it wouldn't matter to me because I get at most 1-2 hours to play a day. It would take a while to get through all of the original content for me anyway. Do we want developers to ship a game and not update it ever? Like it used to be?

Can we just have some patience and let PD do their thing? We will get new content/updates when they are ready to give it to us. The only update I am grateful for is 1.08 and that was so I could play again. Everything else is a gift! You cannot compare GT Sport updates and GT7 updates. They are two different games.

If you do not like how PD created their game, create your own and sell it to the masses! And then they can complain about all of the things you wanted in the game that they think you should change.......

Why can't we just enjoy what we have?
Because those decisions, whether they are the permanent connection or the microtransactions, are anti-consumer decisions, or better said, that negatively affect the consumer, it could be understood if the game is a Free-To-Play, but do you really apply these practices by a game that has cost you between 70-80 Euros/Dollars?

In GT Sport I understand, since almost most of it was intended for multiplayer, but in GT7 NO, there is at least 90% Single Player content, it makes no sense that Internet is required in those modes

But I also ask that you make at least one Offline Edition, that is, the same game but WITHOUT the need to be connected to the Internet

Yes, you can enjoy the game now, but what if the servers fail that day, your Internet connection fails or worse, in 20 years when the servers are closed?

For me, it's all about that monster of a Camaro. Loud, way overpowered and sketchy as hell. One spin in it, and I'm in love.
When I saw the Penske sticker on the side I knew it would be a good car.

Just need to save up enough money for it plus the Ferrari F40 that should appear in the Legends Dealership this evening and then the fantastic looking Suzuki VGT and a world first in video games for the Toyota GR010.

A small update but one made of solid gold.

They don’t want you grinding around their stupid micro transactions. A small fraction of players will even bother setting up stuff like grinding scripts for long races, most would just use it to make events they can do repeatedly.
As far fetched as it can be, when there are races that pays 1.5 million for an hour of play the Microtransactions are essentially useless

it’s all rather spiff and lovely, but when will the lack of the ability to load saved replays be addressed, am I the only one feeling cheated?😡

I have a feeling that Jim Ryan is responsible for manipulating Polyphony Digital and San Diego Studios to add grimy microtransactions for Gran Turismo 7 & MLB The Show 22 respectively.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

You can't actually get 5k from 6Star tickets though, I think the minimum is 30k, not that it's much better. :boggled:

:gtplanet::cheers:
The minimum is 500,000 Cr.

There are 3 rewards for a 6 star ticket:
500,000 Cr. : 40%
1,000,000 Cr. : 20%
Car (C)* : 40%

Car group C is brand central cars with a value between 500,000 Cr. and 3,640,000 Cr.

I think there are some new driver names. I noticed Pounder and Pinnell today. And Brooks.

I did a run at Tokyo Expressway in the Kei Cup. A bit excited with the nitro I dive bombed Lopez into the hairpin, then got double divebombed by Pinnelll. I love Kei cars. :D

Last edited:
Just one thing; could you categorically prove that PD have deliberately witheld content? Not saying you're wrong but would you be able to prove it? If indeed they have then I'm sure there would be a backlash.

There is no backlash because 99% of people aren't aware.

I cant categorically prove anything,im going on what people have posted and a few early youtube vids showing more events which werent in the final release.Search for them,there out there somewhere.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 is now available, adding three new cars and the largest single-player expansion for the title we’ve seen to date. The update, v1.15, comes in just under the 1GB mark on both PS4 and PS5 consoles...
So.........how are we supposed to make money to buy cars again? Ahh, just do a race that pays out 12K credits 500 times, and that will solve it. GOT IT!

ddm
The minimum is 500,000 Cr.

There are 3 rewards for a 6 star ticket:
500,000 Cr. : 40%
1,000,000 Cr. : 20%
Car (C)* : 40%

Car group C is brand central cars with a value between 500,000 Cr. and 3,640,000 Cr.

I think that might have changed. Got the two 6 star tickets out of the new menu books today. Do not remember exactly what had been available in the 1st, but got 1,000,000 Cr. out of it. In the 2nd there were 3 cars and two different amounts of coins, so basically both below 100,000 Cr., as this would have been a single gold bar.

Back