Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.29 Confirmed for February 21

• Thread starter Famine
  • 892 comments
Grand Valley! Woo Hoo!

back on track.gif

I have driven GV Highway I and the South variant. I only know GVS roughly from the earlier GT parts. Layout is actually reminiscent of that, but the environment is already very different. Still a nice reinterpretation of the track with high quality. Happy that it is now in GT7. Hopefully there will be other classics like Midfield, Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill and the Special Stage in the future. Since the graphics have now reached a high level, I hope that the original tracks are at least now permanently in the next offshoots.

I like the Porsche. Drives very well. I still want to buy the Honda F1, but I don't have 2.5 million Cr right now.

Then I did another race against Sophy (Tsukuba on hard level). It is immediately visible how much more natural Sophy behaves. Pulls over slightly on the straight to block and hangs nicely on the rear bumper. Driving in and out of corners also looks more realistic. Sophy is a real game changer. I can only hope that this AI will be present in GT8 from the start. In GT7, I'm more likely to expect more individual events.

Finally, I am happy that the HUD setting for only vehicle-related information is finally coming. So the overall picture looks much cleaner, because there are only displays in the lower part. I would have liked to have had the time clock in the Time Trial, but this is my preferred setting, especially for races against AI and players.

At the time of this posting, I’ve defeated Sophy on Tsukuba and Alsace on my first attempts. I’m quite familiar with this style of AI considering I’ve played a lot of Ridge Racer. And the strategy is the same:
Keep them behind you, stay calm, and cover the racing line.
I’m going to bed and will tackle Trial Mountain and Suzuka later today.
Btw, I love the new Grand Valley. I’ll be spending a lot of custom race time there.

Has anyone done any lobby racing yet and checked that result screen out or has a screenshot of it even?
I really wanna know how it looks without having to wait another 6h until I can check for myself :lol: Is it like the one in GTS that shows everyone's exact race time?

Last edited:
I think it's more, rest in peace Grand Valley. The track is almost unchanged in layout bar sector 3. But the Grand Valley part has definitely gone, now we have Grand Bay or Grand Creek.
I mean, people have been pointing out it's still very much so in a valley geographically... 🤓

I feel like it's a shame that the coast looks so beautiful, but you can't see it at all while driving. Maybe at a certain part of the track if you look in the distance, but just the typical hills feel bare.

Looking forward to trying grand valley highway but i’m not a fan of these extra menus. Seems pointless to spend millions on cars just to earn an engine part i’ll never use, surely they can add some actual menu books again soon
I guess the one consolation there is you dont have to spend those credits. Perhaps there could be a way to just earn some of those cars either as the game is now or in some new events added later or something. Yea there definitely isnt any urgency to do those extra cafes or even do them at all really.

I feel like it's a shame that the coast looks so beautiful, but you can't see it at all while driving. Maybe at a certain part of the track if you look in the distance, but just the typical hills feel bare.
Maybe a drive in the Raptor and Tundra will cure that. ;)

With all the good that’s come in this update has anyone noticed if they modified the penalties from the remaining grind races with free CRB’s… I’ve heard through members on here is they are likely going to dwindle down if they feel players continue making so many credits too quickly.

So… Are Spa, Sardegna and Le Manz still all good to go or any get nerfed?

With all the good that’s come in this update has anyone noticed if they modified the penalties from the remaining grind races with free CRB’s… I’ve heard through members on here is they are likely going to dwindle down if they feel players continue making so many credits too quickly.

So… Are Spa, Sardegna and Le Manz still all good to go or any get nerfed?
If that was true, to push people more towards the MTX, they would have done it already - a long time ago.

At the time of this posting, I’ve defeated Sophy on Tsukuba and Alsace on my first attempts. I’m quite familiar with this style of AI considering I’ve played a lot of Ridge Racer. And the strategy is the same:
Keep them behind you, stay calm, and cover the racing line.
I’m going to bed and will tackle Trial Mountain and Suzuka later today.
Btw, I love the new Grand Valley. I’ll be spending a lot of custom race time there.
This is my main problem with this statistically fast AI... if one wants to mimic human, there needs to be certain level of aggression, risk and failures. Cant see Sophy taking a bad line or braking point just to force you as a competitor to making even bigger mistake. They said the Sophys are all the same just hindered by less fitting car. This means they dont have the mood swings or pressure induced errors, that human have.

I might be wrong, but to me Sophy is developed with perfection in mind - not realism. Very Japanese. Appreciation of perfection over being fallible.

This is my main problem with this statistically fast AI... if one wants to mimic human, there needs to be certain level of aggression, risk and failures. Cant see Sophy taking a bad line or braking point just to force you as a competitor to making even bigger mistake. They said the Sophys are all the same just hindered by less fitting car. This means they dont have the mood swings or pressure induced errors, that human have.

I might be wrong, but to me Sophy is developed with perfection in mind - not realism. Very Japanese. Appreciation of perfection over being fallible.
I'm not sure why anybody thought Sophy wasn't going to be the simracing equivalent of Stockfish 15...

I keep getting actual time penalties for track limits in the Grand Valley Circuit Experience. Like... not a fail, but an actual 0.5s penalty...

Whut?
That was already possible (albeit rare) on previous circuit experiences if you went off track in the right place by the right amount

Latest Posts

Back