Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.34 Now Available: Buyable Engine Swaps & Special Parts, Three New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 645 comments
As someone who works full-time and has 2 kids under 5, I don't have time to fiddle with parts and engine swaps. I'm also a B rated controller player, so online not really my bag.

Just give me some events, it can't be that hard for them to add 5-10 events at each track! I don't need extra menu books or scapes. Some more missions even!

I guess I'm not the target audience...

It takes 5 seconds to mod a car. If you're not interested you're not interested but just say that no need to bring up your kids. If you want "events" just pick a new car and run an arcade or custom race at any track. The game will pick decent opposing cars for you.

It takes 5 seconds to mod a car. If you're not interested you're not interested but just say that no need to bring up your kids. If you want "events" just pick a new car and run an arcade or custom race at any track. The game will pick decent opposing cars for you.
With stupid rubber banding AI and no ability to use tyre stratergy no matter what settings you choose.

As welcome as this update is, the single player is still severely lacking in events and quality races to drive your cars, no two ways about it. It's realtively easy to fix, PD just won't fix it.

They should allow us to completley remove rubber banding AI, allow the AI when chosing a custom grid to use different tyres, allow the player to select the difficulty up to 5 chillies and increase the race winnings accordingly. Then the custom race feature would actually be great.

That would be better than new events, since there's no way PD are going to switch to rolling/standing grid starts really. They have an obsession with the long single file races where you have to catch up 30 seconds to the leader. I know why they do it, but it doesn't make for better races.

Last edited:
As someone who works full-time and has 2 kids under 5, I don't have time to fiddle with parts and engine swaps. I'm also a B rated controller player, so online not really my bag.

Just give me some events, it can't be that hard for them to add 5-10 events at each track! I don't need extra menu books or scapes. Some more missions even!

I guess I'm not the target audience...
I dont think there was a target audience for this game, no one was happy when it launched :lol:

5 seconds after you spend an hour trying settings, testing, or googling the best setups.

The horrible screen to screen load times and clunky menus don't help.

Don't get me wrong, I've played every GT since GT1. It's the reason I have a console. But GT7 is lacking in content

i dont get why we still dont have that 700pp 30min race on all tracks , why not ??
At this point I'm convinced that the absolute only reason we got those four events was to quell the community outrage, and that PD is otherwise just going to stick to the event payouts that they had planned before their hand was forced. Even though by doing so it makes even less sense, as the majority of players aren't going to settle for a significant decrease in credit/time investment ratio and will just ignore the new events after playing them once.

It's disappointing that we can't sell the parts or engines.

It takes 5 seconds to mod a car. If you're not interested you're not interested but just say that no need to bring up your kids.
Agreed, I also work full time and have a family. This stance always grinds my gears.

Last edited:
My roulette tickets this morning were initially very disappointing. 4* driving marathon ticket got me 10k credits. :banghead: Then the first 5* from the extra menu got me 100k credits. :irked: Then the final 5* got me a Veyron. :ouch: I already own a Veyron. Let me check the used car price... 1.4M credits!!! :D
Both 5* gave an engine and an ingot (which was the lowest prize), so you are very lucky indeed 😎

i dont get why we still dont have that 700pp 30min race on all tracks , why not ??
when the game was released, the highest paying races depending on your desired level of effort were the following: AFK farming blue moon in a tomahawk (i did not do this, some people set their computer to run it 24/7), the daytona truck race, and the rally races. that was sony and polyphony's baseline value for the MTX - they clearly wanted it to be preferable to spend money to get a Hagerty than do races.

people were outraged, they buckled and added 3 30 minute races. the spa race and hour-long missions came later but, as we can see from the races they do add, prizes are back to being in line with those original payouts. did they even ever bother to update that one 'ring race that pays like 25k?

Last edited:
Having started playing GT7 in January '23, this is the first time I get to see the Roadster in my game.
Couple more months and I might be able to drive it.. 😶
Not sure any of us who didn't buy it last time will be able to buy it in the near future, it has glitched out of the Legend Dealership rotation, but I don't understand why PD dosen't do anything about it, they fixed the missing Suzuki Escudo.

No, according to classic they go for $68,000 USD on average https://www.classic.com/m/nissan/skyline/r32/gt-r/nismo/

Not sure why it's $400,000 tbh it would make sense if it came with 0 miles or factory mileage otherwise it's an insane markup.
That average is over a 5 year period upto last year. Though even if you just take the one sale in 2022 (which is the highest one), it's still only £67,500, so a far cry from the 400k it costs in GT7.

At this point I'm convinced that the absolute only reason we got those four events was to quell the community outrage, and that PD is otherwise just going to stick to the event payouts that they had planned before their hand was forced. Even though by doing so it makes even less sense, as the majority of players aren't going to settle for a significant decrease in credit/time investment ratio and will just ignore the new events after playing them once.
yeap! abso :):)lutely. I will not touch there new events, I loh in once a month to download new content, I check it out, and I turn off the machine til next month... it's been this way for a year! BUT, if they had events that paid like those 4 events on ALL tracks then I would be playing every week if not a few days every week - but I will never be forced to grind when there are so many other great racing games that don't even use a stoopid economy!! I want Kaz to give me a reason to play this game frequently... instead of treating me like a foolish douche.. I am old enough to know that nothing will change...

Last edited by a moderator:
No, according to classic they go for $68,000 USD on average https://www.classic.com/m/nissan/skyline/r32/gt-r/nismo/

Not sure why it's $400,000 tbh it would make sense if it came with 0 miles or factory mileage otherwise it's an insane markup.
Thanks. It didn't feel right.

The R32 and R33s around here seem to be driven by your typical car enthusiast, not rich collector types. So I assumed it wouldn't be worth anything close to 400k.

PD really nailed this Alfa. Stock is beautiful, of course, but those modifications are spot on. I kinda expected them to add a widebody similar to the real thing, but they not only made the exact widebody, everything else also changes to actually match the GTA 1300 Junior modification, except front grille, which you can also change in a relevant GT Auto section to the correct one. Love this update.

20829571365305610.png

20830096770583074.png

20829366949053313.png

Hi guys. The update is great, but there is a big problem. Since the 1.34 update, the VR image is shaky. On the track, the interior of the car shakes along with the HUD. The metal barriers also shake during the vr replay. And in the vr showroam, the image of the saved video is shaky! Several of my friends have tested and verified the issues. :(

Thanks. It didn't feel right.

The R32 and R33s around here seem to be driven by your typical car enthusiast, not rich collector types. So I assumed it wouldn't be worth anything close to 400k.
The in-game pricing on the Nismo might be a little extreme for the time being but it wouldn't surprise me if it continues to climb in the real world. I think the Nismo edition kinda slipped under peoples radar. I consider myself relatively savy but even when I was shopping for mine, I'd see the Nismo edition and didn't entirely understand what made it special.

The fact that they only made 500 should mean it's very valuable. It seems they made over 1,200 V-Spec IIs so yea.. The collector-collector people are sleeping on this one. I think I've seen V-Spec IIs in the $100K+ range depending on condition. Standard R32 GTRs in good condition were going for around 60-80k depending on condition.

Very cool that they added it though. Unfortunately, the ATTESA ETS system, or at least the gauge, still doesn't behave anything like real life though. In-game, it functions like a boost gauge. And I imagine the car is programmed to behave like any other AWD car.

Hopefully this isn't the last Group A homologation special they add. I know a lot of us are waiting for the Cosworth 190E.

Side-note Edit: I'll say that I believe Sean Morris, formerly of Motorex in the US, owns the GTRUSA-Blog.com website, considered by many to be the leading guy on all things JDM GTR in the US (and now runs Toprank Importers), actually brought over Nismo edition #500 to the US way back in the day.. like late 90s early 2000s maybe? (you could legally circumvent the 25 year rule via Show & Display law because they only made 500 Nismo editions) and attempted to campaign it in a racing series here. He's written a bit about it on his blog I believe.

Last edited:
Back