Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.41 Now Available: Fixes Custom Race Reward Glitch and Other Issues

• Thread starter Famine
  • 113 comments
the economy of the game, thats the exploit...
This. 👏 Is. 👏 An. 👏 Underrated. 👏 Post. 👏

It's exploitative, it's predatory, it's anti-consumer all under the guise of some idiotic ideal that I'll feel accomplished for "owning" a digital recreation of a car. LOL

I can't even be mad at PD cus a lot of yall are marks. I'd take your money too lol.

to my beloved Fiat... thank you for your service!

2f0.gif

I think PD mess up the custom race. I used 700-800 PP car and always pitted against some high end hypercar like aston martin valkyrie, mclaren p1 gtr, ferrari fxxk.
I know it's calculated based on our current car's PP, but it's not near those hypercar level, so it's hard to win the race.
And the payouts seems less too. I understand it should not go as high as the exploit, but custom race now is underwhelming as ever.

It just really irks me that with all this they still haven’t fixed the issue in split screen multiplayer with player 1 being faster, even with assists set properly, unless I missed something

Because the easier it is to make money in the game, the less likely one will be to buy microtransactions.
Does anyone actually buy micro transactions? I mean, really?
PD must have been really unhappy players were able to enjoy the game so they made a last minute patch instead of focusing on core issues, like how online races pay pennies and thats why people don't go online
I don't race online for money. Actually with this and prior grinds I have so much money and all the cars I need I just don't worry about it. If anything, this glitch mad the lackluster payout in sport irrelevant.
That’s nothing like money laundering though.
Tell me that you're a money launderer, without telling me that you are a money launderer. :lol:

I never took part of this but in a way I feel I missed out, also I had hand surgery & other medical issues.

I have 30 million credits no so called grinding exploits or playing 18 hours a day or staring at the thing to buy credits and scream so hard the police are called and while waiting for the police to come spend 40 dollars that nobody has to do unless they choose to

And pd should make a 3 lap race pay 20 million just to get people to pipe down but i'm sure they'll complain say it should be 40 million

And what's the deal with match making my god it should be faster than the speed of light like forza right?

Every update it's the same thing it's like why do you even bother ? It's like having a hot gf but all you do is sit there and pout day in and day out about every little thing going on how she's cheap she's a gold digger she's slow she's arrogant she's lazy and so on.

Pretty sad

I'll probably get canned for this post but so be it i had to speak my mind

Tired of coming on here and all you see is negative hating about everything they do

There's some things they can work on no doubt like my jeep all those cars should be available in the legends dealer

i put a widebody on mine like a goober and i'm stuck renting instead :dopey:

I found a nice police livery for the jeep and a robocop helmet i was going ham but i can't now 😟

Longer offline races with more grid starts switch livery's in custom race so i don't have to buy 20 of the same car

More slots for sport mode with a slot for a race that's about an hour long and open settings and just set power and weight like real life

Removing options to not needing mechanically replaying a very few certain events certianly is absolutely in line with avoiding to creating a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events.
Reminds me of this old meme I've commited months ago : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/gt-meme-jpg.1246932/
I think it's worth mentioning that the first GT had cars that were locked behind a skill wall, I can't really recall, but I don't think I ever got the Nismo 400R in the first game. At least GT7 doesn't do that.
I would exchange a much nicer and consistent game economy + cars locked behing a skill wall with what we currently have (plus the cars locked behind invitations you may never get)

I still can't believe how often the "PD is so greedy, the only reason they did that is to force people to buy microtransactions!!" narrative makes the rounds.

#1, If there are people who pay the absurd prices of the PS store credit packs, god bless them. To me, the microtransactions always looked like a lackluster attempt to fish a few extra dollars, not something intended to be a serious part of the game economy. There's no other way to explain the poor $$$/credit ratio (e.g., $19.99 should ~= 20 million credits at least).

#2, There is zero content locked behind monetary transactions. If you want to spend $20 on credits instead of grinding Sardegna for 2 hours, go for it. But the only advantage is that you've saved 2 hours of game time. At the end of the day, everything else is equal. Take a close look at how other game developers utilize microtransactions. I guarantee there are far worse examples of greed than an annoying "Top off on the Playstation Store!" message after every roulette ticket.

The point is to be careful what we complain about because there are far more unpleasant potential outcomes.

I’d still like to see everyone’s fastest lap and actually people’s starting position too would be handy, next update pls

I think it's worth mentioning that the first GT had cars that were locked behind a skill wall, I can't really recall, but I don't think I ever got the Nismo 400R in the first game. At least GT7 doesn't do that.
I'd get more enjoyment out of bettering my "racecraft" (for lack of a better term) than having to grind for countless hours.

Context: I'm an adult/husband/father who's very involved in ever facet of preceding descriptors. I don't have the time, nor do I value any of these bogus digital recreations of cars LOL. I earned and drive a MK7.5R in real life, I'm not getting any enjoyment out of earning an F50 lol.

To me, the microtransactions always looked like a lackluster attempt to fish a few extra dollars, not something intended to be a serious part of the game economy.
You'd have to intentionally ignore how the game launched to actually believe that...

They hid the in-game economy from reviewers because they knew it'd reflect poorly on them and only backtracked after a historical backlash. If you really feel that way (I could be mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong), this is why PD and many other Devs think they can get away with it.

It's not just about microtransactions, it's about having players logged in, and the life of the game.

The right way to build the game is to have progression. Build enough events that users want to participate in and slowly build the wealth to win the cars. I don't think anyone would question that reality, even if it took 3 years to own the McLaren F1 in the game.

What actually happened is that a labor shortage or effort at PD resulted in a small sprinkle of events. It takes work to build the career mode with events people would be interested in. I remember when they built a lunar rover mission in GT6, how stupid fun that was, and how much work went into it.

Contrast that to GT7, a month in we ran out of events. Several updates later the realization kicks in that owning all the cars is nearly impossible at the rate events get added in the updates and given the prize money. The only way to keep users involved is to repeat the same small pool of events for years and years. And why would you repeat them? Well, to buy all the cars of course. Hence, they must be expensive. The rigged roulette table is sadism added on top of it. It's right there for everyone to see, the broken roulette was never a "glitch" in PD's eyes and never got patched.

Does anyone actually buy micro transactions? I mean, really?

I don't race online for money. Actually with this and prior grinds I have so much money and all the cars I need I just don't worry about it. If anything, this glitch mad the lackluster payout in sport irrelevant.

Tell me that you're a money launderer, without telling me that you are a money launderer. :lol:
Their payout for microtransactions even if you pay for it is laughably super bad and horrible.
I used to buy it but even if you legally buy it, it is still a nightmare. They go from 100,000 which gets you almost next to nothing in legendary, to 2,000,000. There was a time I wanted to outright buy the McLaren f1 when it came out but I had to purchase 10, 2,000,000 add one for 19.99 each. That’s like 220$ in real life money for the McLaren f1.

I will not lie though the Ferrari F50 was my dream car, however I had a million from normal racing then and then i had to buy the 19.99 dlc just to get it for 3.7 mil, when it was put up like that last year.

One trophy requires you to have three expensive cars.

So in retrospect if you wanted to buy every single car in every outlet, used, legendary and brand, you as a consumer would need to buy 225 2million add ons priced at a an estimated $4,500. The average sum to buy every current car is like 450,000,000 I think 🤣

Anyways

Last edited:
I'd get more enjoyment out of bettering my "racecraft" (for lack of a better term) than having to grind for countless hours.
Bettering your race craft enough to pass a license test to win a car that you cannot otherwise get may well involve grinding for countless hours, and there's no guarantee that after all those hours you will achieve it.

Bettering your race craft enough to pass a license test to win a car that you cannot otherwise get may well involve grinding for countless hours, and there's no guarantee that after all those hours you will achieve it.
Fair point. The only test I haven't been able to pass so far is getting all gold on the Nurburing. I think I'm .3 off lol.

You'd have to intentionally ignore how the game launched to actually believe that...

They hid the in-game economy from reviewers because they knew it'd reflect poorly on them and only backtracked after a historical backlash. If you really feel that way (I could be mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong), this is why PD and many other Devs think they can get away with it.
Okay, this is a fair argument. I started playing ~6 months ago when the game was admittedly much better than when it launched!
I can only speak to the state of the game since then.

Some games are built entirely around microtransactions. If you want to stand your ground and not pay $$$ beyond what you paid for the game - you will never be competitive online and you may not even be able to complete the single-player modes.
Given that the only things you can buy are credits, and how much has been added to the economy - the moneymaker races, the weekly challenges, the quick/custom race bonuses, the special GTWS races, etc. - I'm just not seeing GT7 as one of those games.

P.S., I still think the game economy is nowhere near "perfect" or even "good" - just that it's far away from the microtransaction hell I see pushed so often.

Last edited:
Never spending real money for fake money on any game. I will pay for DLC that has some tracks and cars as I did that in GT5 but that's about it.
Paid DLC cars are never happening again - with Sport Mode being a thing, doing anything that could cause "pay to win" accusations to flare up is a really bad idea. Especially if it was a desirable car - I dread to think of the discourse that would happen if PD locked a GT3 car, any GT3 car, behind a pay wall.

What the hell have they done to the vibration of my dualshock 4??? It's very weak even if set at 10. It's like the battery needs to be recharged, but it's full.
I know it's this new update, because the vibration is still perfect in other games, like Modern Warfare 2.

Controller
 - When the value of the 'Vibration Strength' under the 'Options' menu is set to 130 or higher, vibrations are not output correctly with the following controllers:
 ・DualSense™ Wireless Controller (PS5® version only.)
 ・Thrustmaster® T-GT / T-GT II
 ・Logitech® G G923
 ・Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel

Please set the value to '125' or loss in order to avoid any issue while we work to resolve the issue.
They don't mention the DS4 but mine is affected as well. I lowered it to 125 in the main vibration settings but nothing changes. I still can't feel the road, the curbs, etc. The only, somewhat, strong vibration I feel is when I crash my car into the guardrail.

Great. I can't play like this.

Last edited:
Paid DLC cars are never happening again - with Sport Mode being a thing, doing anything that could cause "pay to win" accusations to flare up is a really bad idea. Especially if it was a desirable car - I dread to think of the discourse that would happen if PD locked a GT3 car, any GT3 car, behind a pay wall.
You could stil have paid DLC, just don't do it that way. Don't get me wrong. Free is good. Just not paying for credits.

P.S., I still think the game economy is nowhere near "perfect" or even "good" - just that it's far away from the microtransaction hell I see pushed so often.
Knowing that you obtained the game more recently definitely clarifies your position for me.

I think that the early game has left a bad taste in my mouth because it shows how little they thought of us. And if fans didn't react the way they did, they wouldn't have backtracked.

I missed out :(

How do you even come across these things? It took me weeks to spot the Tomahawk glitch and GTP's front page to know about the engine swap/ticket thing.

Why have to buy cars anyway? Just make everything available to everyone and lets get to the racing part.
Because the progression system of the game is way more notable than the racing itself when discussing the franchise. Gran Turismo is 100% a car racing RPG game dressed up as a simulator.

Credits are just XP points given a different name :)

I think, by keeping the payouts low for online, or at least lower than offline play, that keeps the online player base motivated specifically for online competitive play. Where as if they increased the payouts to more than offline, then you'd have a bunch of people, perhaps like those using these exploits, who are only motivated by money and therefore will be not so intent on good, quality racing. They'd only want 1st place and would do anything to get it. They'd probably enter a race, get a bad start and then immediately quit and go for the next race because they've calculated that its 15 seconds faster/per credit to do that then to participate in the whole race and get X amount of credits etc etc

🤷‍♂️
That's a solid point.

PD fixed the one thing that didn’t need fixing.

Clear cut proof it’s about maximising revenue. It’s not about a fun game where you can drive the cars you want in the vents you want. Cause to do that you won’t have enough money unless you have been LIVING in the game

Last edited:
mef
PD fixed the one thing that didn’t need fixing.

Clear cut proof it’s about maximising revenue. It’s not about a fun game where you can drive the cars you want in the vents you want. Cause to do that you won’t have enough money unless you have been LIVING in the game
I’m tired of these lame excuses. Put the game down. Go to work. Wait for pay day. Take out your card. Buy credits from the PisStore and get the cars you want. No need to grind in the game. Get on your real grind instead of waiting for PD to fix what wasn’t broken to begin with.*

All rubbish:lol::sly:

In fairness, this update made Sophy worth its weight. Previously, you jump in a road car that's modded up and Sophy was in the base PP level; now, it's up to snuff with the PP level you're in. I did a race at GV against Sophy yesterday and was in P1 before the first bridge; today, it was down to the last lap against much faster cars (with me being in the same car, of course).

I think the Fiat glitch race was collateral damage.

That being said, we shouldn't need to glitch a Fiat to make some decent coin.

Back