Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.41 Now Available: Fixes Custom Race Reward Glitch and Other Issues

• Thread starter Famine
  • 113 comments
I missed the majority of the money glitch, but last night I decided to let the game run to try to earn credits while I was asleep. Woke up this morning and the 9 hour race was done. Not sure if this was already something that has been covered but I earned 0 credits for the race. I had previously done a 6 hour race and received credits for that so I'm not sure what's going on.
What position did your car finish?

I sometimes wonder if PD is acutely aware of what's happening with the game because there are a few longstanding issues that I have with the game.

• I'd wonder if they're aware that we hate the monetary system.
  • I'd wonder if they're aware that the FFB is mediocre at best.
  • Does PD realize that reprojection in PSVR2 is garbage and makes it visually unpleasing to watch replays? I'd wonder that too.
  • I'd wonder if PD realizes that we're clamoring for a timing chart in VR...
But then I see how quickly PD moves to force players (again) into microtransactions and realize that they're fully aware of the SOTG(state of the game) and that the things we want are very low on their priority list.

And before someone screams, "buh buh buh the last update was amazing!" #BillBurrVoice.... Some of what made that update great is how the darn game should have shipped! LOL. I'm not going to congratulate them for making the game less predatory LOLOLOL.
At this point I want to address just one thing: the VR display. In real life the only differences in my daily driver and the Raptor are steering, displacement, and suspension. The displays are a bit different but they carry the same information.
On mine you'll find speed and RPMs, oil pressure, coolant and ATF temps, fuel, distance traveled, outside air temp, fuel economy, a timer (I've never been able to work out what it's for), and miles to empty. There's a current gear indicator.
I suppose you could use distance traveled as a lap counter and the timer to determine which one was fastest.
As I said the in game Raptor is very similar. In my daily driver I do not get brake balance control, fuel map control, radar, damage, or tire wear indications. I could add a course map and a weather map by installing a tablet, but that's a missile hazard. I don't get brake zones or racing lines. Were I to drive the Raptor in game and expect a real life driving experience I would not expect those. I wouldn't expect a leaderboard either. I do have a two way radio in there I could use to find out where everyone else is. I would also get weather reports through that.
VR is about a realistic driving experience, not about helping you win the race. If you want that info, drive a car that has it and turn on the MFD or HUD if the in game gauges aren't working. Obviously you won't get all that in some cars, particularly the road cars (another reason I don't know why my truck has some of that stuff). You want to see stripped down, the F1500 has a tach and a boost gauge that work, that's it, but you can see the front tires wear out.
If you want to know where everyone is in VR, use the course map. It'll tell you if you're getting close to another driver.

I had to ask. That’s a weird one.
When I woke up, the game was paused. I forgot to plug in my controller so it died about 6 hours in to the race. In total, the game was paused for about 3 hours. I connected a different controller and finished the last 3 hours.

Timeline was roughly as follows:
10:00 PM: Race Started
4:00 AM: Race paused because controller died
7:00 AM: Race resumed
10:00 AM: Race finished in first place with 0 credits earned

I might try it again tonight to see if it was just a fluke but the timing of this makes me wonder if PD has built in logic that detects certain type of behavior and awards 0 if the game detects something it doesn't like. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
At this point I want to address just one thing: the VR display. In real life the only differences in my daily driver and the Raptor are steering, displacement, and suspension. The displays are a bit different but they carry the same information.
On mine you'll find speed and RPMs, oil pressure, coolant and ATF temps, fuel, distance traveled, outside air temp, fuel economy, a timer (I've never been able to work out what it's for), and miles to empty. There's a current gear indicator.
I suppose you could use distance traveled as a lap counter and the timer to determine which one was fastest.
As I said the in game Raptor is very similar. In my daily driver I do not get brake balance control, fuel map control, radar, damage, or tire wear indications. I could add a course map and a weather map by installing a tablet, but that's a missile hazard. I don't get brake zones or racing lines. Were I to drive the Raptor in game and expect a real life driving experience I would not expect those. I wouldn't expect a leaderboard either. I do have a two way radio in there I could use to find out where everyone else is. I would also get weather reports through that.
VR is about a realistic driving experience, not about helping you win the race. If you want that info, drive a car that has it and turn on the MFD or HUD if the in game gauges aren't working. Obviously you won't get all that in some cars, particularly the road cars (another reason I don't know why my truck has some of that stuff). You want to see stripped down, the F1500 has a tach and a boost gauge that work, that's it, but you can see the front tires wear out.
If you want to know where everyone is in VR, use the course map. It'll tell you if you're getting close to another driver.
Re: VR

All I want is some sort of lap counter. This can be a billboard sitting by the pits for all I care. Heck, I think the billboard thing would actually be pretty cool.

The option to add that info to the existing stack of the VR hub seems pretty doable. I think a lot of us vr users would be happy to have a button to toggle that hub on and off as well.

When I woke up, the game was paused. I forgot to plug in my controller so it died about 6 hours in to the race. In total, the game was paused for about 3 hours. I connected a different controller and finished the last 3 hours.

Timeline was roughly as follows:
10:00 PM: Race Started
4:00 AM: Race paused because controller died
7:00 AM: Race resumed
10:00 AM: Race finished in first place with 0 credits earned

I might try it again tonight to see if it was just a fluke but the timing of this makes me wonder if PD has built in logic that detects certain type of behavior and awards 0 if the game detects something it doesn't like. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Maybe it’s that circumstance you mentioned. If the game was shutdown via the PS button, next time started, it would resume at that point. Nothing lost. We’ll see what you find.

I think it's worth mentioning that the first GT had cars that were locked behind a skill wall, I can't really recall, but I don't think I ever got the Nismo 400R in the first game. At least GT7 doesn't do that.
Yes, the Dodge Concept Car was locked behind one of the championships. I ran a race modded 1995 Impreza WRX thoughost of the game but had to run the Concept Car to win in campaign mode and to win the Grand Valley 300. That last race was nearly two hours spend on ice with that car. I ran the SSR11 II race with a Mitsubishi GTO, then went back to the Subaru for some arcade style drifting through Hi Res mode.
I've got no idea what you're talking about here.

There was a glitch in Custom Races that meant Performance Points were not properly accounted for - allowing an exploit to earn money more quickly. The update has fixed this glitch.
You probably weren't ordinance either (IYAYOYAS). Neither was I, I was an electrician. 😛
Personally not using glitches, I'm just playing and credits are coming naturally.
Same here. I had zero luck with the Tomahawk and Corvette glitches and even called out people who posted them. I ran the Tokyo race with a glitched GT40 until they removed the automatic CRB. I never did post the glitch tune for fear of it being nerfed.
I ran that race again with a non glitched RA272. Other than a bit of wall riding, I won fair and square and still picked up the CRB.
I have at least one of every car in the game with multiples of all the engine swappable ones. I lack buying a single R90CP engine to have all the swaps installed. I have a pile of engines and never did the bonanza.
The only things I have not at least won bronze on are the Clubman Cup Plus and the 1 hour Maggiore race. I didn't think I could win the Group 3 event at Bathurst. Wrong--I surprised myself and did it.
I still have a few missions to get gold on and a LOT of license tests and CE's to gold. Gold CE'S, let's see, I have...
Northern Isle
Blue Moon Bay tri oval
Blue Moon Bay infield
Horse Thief Mile
Daytona Road Course
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Sardegna Road
Broad Bean
Fuji Speedway
and maybe one or two others. The rest are mostly bronze with some silver and gold sectors mixed in.
Missions I have all gold through the first three sets but lack gold on some drift missions and some Pass missions. Maggiore is totally blank, no bronze, nothing. I surprised myself by golding Red Bull on the first try.
Licenses I have gold up to IA-9 basic, then mostly bronze from IA-10 basic all the way through S Master with a few silvers and a couple Golds.
Many of my cars are bone stock save for engine swaps. I'd like to buy all the mods for each and later on maybe do both standard and wide bodies, then hit the free credits cap.

Saw this after I hit send...

Re: VR

All I want is some sort of lap counter. This can be a billboard sitting by the pits for all I care. Heck, I think the billboard thing would actually be pretty cool.

The option to add that info to the existing stack of the VR hub seems pretty doable. I think a lot of us vr users would be happy to have a button to toggle that hub on and off as well.
You do have that option under Display Settings. I think it's "Race Info". Some of the cars have lap counters as well.
I've been able to run in VR with nothing but what's in the car itself, no external timer, place or lap counters, no MFD, no external fuel gauge or weather, etc.
You really gotta know your car and event for this. I had the guts to try it at Spa on hard mode with the 787B and the F-1500 with zero assists of any kind. I locked the brake balance and fuel map and ultimately won the races anyway.

With the much improved game economy I was considering getting a PS5 and VR2, maybe even a Fanatec wheel setup too. But with how quickly they've changed this, and not just the PP issue, but nerfing oval payouts, I'm done with this game now. They want the game to be a chore rather than a fun experience. They didn't even have the decency to wait till the next big update and include the fix in that, so it's clear what their priorities are. It seems like it's some sort of competition between PD and T10 for who can create the dullest grind in a driving game. I'm not sure which of them is "winning" right now.

I noticed a long time ago that when music bands release a great record and the next one isn't as good, it still sells quite well, because people buy it in the expectation that it will be in the same ballpark as the one before. It's the record after that where the sales really nosedive. I think the same thing may well happen with games. It might seem like these games with excessive grinding aren't that much of a disaster, but it's the next games where people will be wary of buying into the same, or worse, grind again.

Last edited:
Saw this after I hit send...

You do have that option under Display Settings. I think it's "Race Info". Some of the cars have lap counters as well.
I've been able to run in VR with nothing but what's in the car itself, no external timer, place or lap counters, no MFD, no external fuel gauge or weather, etc.
You really gotta know your car and event for this. I had the guts to try it at Spa on hard mode with the 787B and the F-1500 with zero assists of any kind. I locked the brake balance and fuel map and ultimately won the races anyway.
Hard pass on that heads up display. Its too invasive. Having that information as another page in the existing deck allows vr users to put something non attention getting, such as weather radar and largely ignore it through a race. I will regularly add a little tcs towards the end of a long stint if my tires are dying so turning it off isn’t often an option.

Also, i don’t think much of turning all the hud stuff off single player stuff. Definitely fun.

However, gr 4 Race C weeks, not having at least some sort of lap counting function, is annoying. Manu/nations races too, of course.

One last thing..to reinforce the point… the ability to map a button to toggle that deck on and off would be awesome.

Last edited:
Last edited:
PD must have been really unhappy players were able to enjoy the game so they made a last minute patch instead of focusing on core issues, like how online races pay pennies and thats why people don't go online
my time is valuable and i hardly ever go online. the times i have are really fun but the money and such is so low i really have to be on vacation to be bothered to play online. i also dont like that you get nothing that im aware of for lobbies that arent races. would be nice to get some prize money say 1000 Cd for each 5 minutes spent regardless of the lobby settings. this would make the game alot more fun to players like me who have nothing left to do other then grind boring races. its either grind or waste valuable time for some of us. just a thought

I sometimes wonder if PD is acutely aware of what's happening with the game because there are a few longstanding issues that I have with the game.

• I'd wonder if they're aware that we hate the monetary system.
  • I'd wonder if they're aware that the FFB is mediocre at best.
  • Does PD realize that reprojection in PSVR2 is garbage and makes it visually unpleasing to watch replays? I'd wonder that too.
  • I'd wonder if PD realizes that we're clamoring for a timing chart in VR...
But then I see how quickly PD moves to force players (again) into microtransactions and realize that they're fully aware of the SOTG(state of the game) and that the things we want are very low on their priority list.

And before someone screams, "buh buh buh the last update was amazing!" #BillBurrVoice.... Some of what made that update great is how the darn game should have shipped! LOL. I'm not going to congratulate them for making the game less predatory LOLOLOL.
we need some vr settings too. Fov, mph/kilo switch, ability to move and resize VR screen info during races.. at the least this seems would be easy to do.

VR is about a realistic driving experience, not about helping you win the race.
Bruh... That makes zero sense. For effective pit strategy in VR, we need the timing charts to be competitive.

Not having it is absurd and arguing that it's not needed is shockingly more absurd. At the end of the day it's a videogame and as you pointed out, PD already includes unrealistic additions to the VR mode and flat mode. So why does it make sense to exclude one of the more important pieces of information?

And to take it another step further.... It's a option you can toggle on/off for more immersion if YOU chose to do so. Solo laps around the Nurburing are ideal for that. But don't speak for those of us who race exclusively in VR while in Sport mode.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm surprised PD hasn't nerfed the La Sarthe race to give out less credits. :grumpy::grumpy: I'm weird when it comes to GT, I love collecting all of the cars and having multiple versions of each one. Like I have to have one that is bone stock and then one that I use to upgrade and do all of the tuning on. Also I like to have all of the factory colors of my favorite cars so I have a ton of Testarossas that I bought from the used car market in all of the different colors :lol:.. I just hate how it feels like I'm fighting PD just to get money in this game. So weird & annoying. I know they want me to cave in and buy the microtransactions but it just ain't happening..

Last edited:
If you can afford a PS5 and/or a racing wheel rig, you can afford to buy the credits you need for that Mclaren F1, otherwise suffer FOMO for the rest of your miserable lives ... you're not getting any younger, wasting time with grinding ... did Kaz grand(pimp)master Yamauchi not denounce the idea of grinders/grinding at around launch? ... **

And who ever said racing (sim or real life) is for poor people? If you wanna play you gotta pay ... I guess that's the attitude of PD since they operate under the American run Sony Interactive ...

**Have a PS5, have a racing wheel, but no GT7 ... thanks for the happy (1997-2016) memories, but it's time to say goodbye ...

If you can afford a PS5 and/or a racing wheel rig, you can afford to buy the credits you need for that Mclaren F1, otherwise suffer FOMO for the rest of your miserable lives ... you're not getting any younger, wasting time with grinding ... did Kaz grand(pimp)master Yamauchi not denounce the idea of grinders/grinding at around launch? ... **

And who ever said racing (sim or real life) is for poor people? If you wanna play you gotta pay ... I guess that's the attitude of PD since they operate under the American run Sony Interactive ...

**Have a PS5, have a racing wheel, but no GT7 ... thanks for the happy (1997-2016) memories, but it's time to say goodbye ...
Let's unpack. You only want one car in the whole game? Given there are nearly 500 and some swapped ones to boot, one seems a little miserable, definitely some fomo not being able to enter 4wd, turbo, American, etc events.

The cost of all the cars in GT7 in real money is equivalent to something like 3 Fanatec sims with 3 PS5s. Pretty miserable parity.

Does not have GT7 but has time to comment on GT7 thread = wasting time?

Let's unpack. You only want one car in the whole game? Given there are nearly 500 and some swapped ones to boot, one seems a little miserable, definitely some fomo not being able to enter 4wd, turbo, American, etc events.

The cost of all the cars in GT7 in real money is equivalent to something like 3 Fanatec sims with 3 PS5s. Pretty miserable parity.

Let’s stay focused on the tunes. That new C8 build is epic.

So why are you here? Did you come here just to cry?

I am putting things into perspective here, if you quit GT7, you wont have to put up with the nonsense that Sony USA & PD is railroading you all into.

With enough people boycotting GT7, it will invoke Sony into reviewing what the audience (or 'the market') really wants ...

Posting on a forum with a suggestion about dealing with GT7 is not a waste of time ... you personally might be ok with the game, but anyone who persists playing GT7 and routinely getting frustrated by it is a waste ...

Back