Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
I'm sorry that you settle for subpar game design and blame a valid complaint on skill when it has nothing to do with it. Would you not rather actually race against all the cars in the event? Or you're totally fine with flying past all the plebs to catch the one car in first that actually takes some time and effort to reach? Do you feel that accurately represents motor racing?

It's not "too hard". It's a combination of:
-arcadey race structure where the leader starts 15+ seconds head for absolutely no reason whatsoever, with no qualifying to speak of
-90% of cars in the race are simply there to fill the grid and are no issue whatsoever to get past that you are hardly even racing them but rather lapping a lower class vehicle
-often there's a car(s) in the race that does not belong there, completely outclassing the rest that there is actually some difficulty catching it due to above and below
-in order to catch lead car at its godlike pace, you need to zoom past all the trivial cars and minimize time loss, which can be difficult when they brake very early and drive incredibly slowly through apexes, and potentially spin you due to AI having much more mass than the player

Like I said, I beat the event. It's not a matter of "I can't do this." It's a matter of very poorly thought out design. If you're okay with that, hey that's cool. But that you have a problem with others expressing their dissatisfaction with something -- that is actually a completely legitimately complaint btw -- I cannot understand.

Simply put, GT7 is a racing game. I want actual racing, not this "one-lap magic" format that every single race is times however many laps there are. Why is it that GT7 is the only one of the sim or simcade racers that uses this unrealistic format? They should continue to be called out for it until they actually start using grid starts and/or realistic rolling starts with cars together without arbitrary advantages handed out, along with competent AI for all cars and not just one or two. Why would people even defend this?
Raced online? What you’re after actually is available, man.

All I see in this thread are complaints about not being able to sell cars. Haven't we complained about it enough already?

Anyway the 918 is great, if not for the strange gearing which I promptly fixed by installing a new gearbox. It handles like nothing else I've ever driven and gives you a level of confidence that most cars cannot provide. I've waited soo long for this car to arrive in Gran Turismo and it has delivered on my expectations. I just wish we got more.

Last edited:
This is what I cannot stand about PD. It's supposed to be an event for certain cars but they throw one (or two) cars in there that really don't belong so that it becomes nearly impossible (or just really annoying) to beat using the ideal cars the event was designed for, and/or that it spoils the event entirely by trivializing all the other cars that actually belong there. The Vulcan is NOT a hypercar. It is a track-focused car that should have its own racing series along with the FXX K, Zonda R, P1 GTR, Veneno, maybe the RX-Vision Concept, 911 GT1 Strassenversion, etc.

"What are we doing, racing or ping pong?"
You must really hate me then - I breezed through the hypercar events with a Tomahawk S. :lol:

You must really hate me then - I breezed through the hypercar events with a Tomahawk S. :lol:
FB_IMG_16590629845924375.jpg

Except people appear to be taking this as false advertising when it never was. They've taken again an old slogan, in the same vein as Red Bull's "Gives You Wings", and warped their expectations based on games that this series long pre-dates. It's not an odd question at all having been around to have witnessed all those changes (Arguably much of it not all that great).
Its not an old slogan - it's an existing slogan that is used by PD to brand the GT series as a serious simulator game.

Its very understandable why people "get hung up" on something like this as the game is branded as a driving sim and expect it to be a driving sim. Its not something like Red Bull where it has never, and will never... actually give someone wings.

(I believe Gt is a sim and it isn't false advertising, I also believe that there are better sim's out there)

This is not an issue for me.

I haven't even remotely thought about buying credits since the game has come out, and I am still enjoying the game. In fact, I forget they exist until someone brings it up.
That's absolutely fine and something I addressed in my post.

You can be like us and never buy credits... but it doesnt change the fact that the system is designed to push people towards it and everyone has to deal with the system that it has created. Genuinely have to be completely blind to not see these features as what they are.

Last edited:
Selling cars is almost a useless feature. It is going to be applied just for the csr you bought. So if u are already thinking to cheat, selling the 150 nsx you won at roulette glitch, you are going to he disappointed. Set your expectation low. It is going to be exactly like in GTSport.

A hypercar event that they just had to put the Vulcan and Veneno in... And omit the LaFerrari entirely. Typical PD fashion.

I tried the Trial Mountain race with a bone stock 918, cause I really don't enjoy tuning super/hypercars, and it just wasn't fast enough in my first attempt to come within 10 seconds or so. Wasn't that clean of a performance but I don't think it was in the car on its default SM tires. Tried it again with the LaF and was on my way to catching the lead Vulcan... until it upped its new pace out of its ass from lap 4 or so and became uncatchable, about 10+ seconds ahead. sigh Ok fine then, make me use the FXX K to win a damn "hypercar" race. Caught the Vulcan (before it was in the lead) and all other cars in about 1 lap and won by like 30-40 seconds IIRC.

This is what I cannot stand about PD. It's supposed to be an event for certain cars but they throw one (or two) cars in there that really don't belong so that it becomes nearly impossible (or just really annoying) to beat using the ideal cars the event was designed for, and/or that it spoils the event entirely by trivializing all the other cars that actually belong there. The Vulcan is NOT a hypercar. It is a track-focused car that should have its own racing series along with the FXX K, Zonda R, P1 GTR, Veneno, maybe the RX-Vision Concept, 911 GT1 Strassenversion, etc.

You could maybe begin to make a case for the Veneno being a hypercar since I believe it's an Aventador on steroids and IIRC does come fitted with sports tires by default (and is probably the clear slowest of these special track cars), but the Vulcan -- PD are just having a piss. I just cannot stand that I have to choose a car that will absolutely blast past everything else, or struggle to get past dangerously slow mobile chicanes in braking zones and apexes, just to catch the rabbit with an insanely unfair advantage way ahead in first. It feels like nearly every race in Gran Turismo works this way and I'm so sick of it.

"What are we doing, racing or ping pong?"
Yes, there are issues with how the races are balanced, but this isn't strictly because they put a Vulkan in there. The AI cars are likely not stock, so there's no reason they can't be tuned to all be a similar level of performance, it's just the chase the rabbit format that spoils almost every race in the game.

You can be like us and never buy credits... but it doesnt change the fact that the system is designed to push people towards it and everyone has to deal with the system that it has created. Genuinely have to be completely blind to not see these features as what they are.

I must be blind then. To me, this game isn’t laid out so you can have all the cars as they come out. No Gran Turismo game has ever been like that. I’ve played all the GT titles and it’s always taken a bit to get all of the cars I wanted. That was part of the charm of the old games - just doing the mods you absolutely had to, to stay competitive. All the while saving your credits for the cars you wanted.

I’m willing to bet that most people don’t even notice the tiny MTX “top off button” when you collect your prize. They’re just like the other 99% of us who are just pressing ‘x’ as fast as we can to get onto the next thing

Last edited:

I'm still running on credits from the circuit experiences, sitting around 11 million. But then again none of the high value cars really interest me, I've spent the last few days tuning up Miata's to run in custom races. I'm a simple man. 😄

I must be blind then. To me, this game isn’t laid out so you can have all the cars as they come out. No Gran Turismo game has ever been like that. I’ve played all the GT titles and it’s always taken a bit to get all of the cars I wanted. That was part of the charm of the old games - just doing the mods you absolutely had to, to stay competitive. All the while saving your credits for the cars you wanted.

I’m willing to bet that most people don’t even notice the tiny MTX “top off button” when you collect your prize. They’re just like the other 99% of us who are just pressing ‘x’ as fast as we can to get onto the next thing
The Game messed up many things and one of those was mtx. I haven't seen a game with a comparable approach to mtx like the one in GT7. It is so expensive that it for most players makes zero sense to buy them when you can earn them just playing the game.

On top of this, PD gave so many credits away in after the backlash that they made sure that every player out there had what the needed to play the game. And then proceeded to remove the last real reason to ue MTX by introducing rental cars in sports mode.

If they had gone with the real traditional model with cars for a few dollars they would have sold millions worth of MTX :-)

Since it's hybrid with electric motors it doesn't have a conventional AWD system (i.e. no driveshafts and no front differential). Additionally, I believe that above 120 mph the front "axle" disconnects and no longer contributes to acceleration.
Yeah it's technically a 4WD not AWD. I think it even says 4WD in GT7...👍

Selling cars is almost a useless feature. It is going to be applied just for the csr you bought. So if u are already thinking to cheat, selling the 150 nsx you won at roulette glitch, you are going to he disappointed. Set your expectation low. It is going to be exactly like in GTSport.
I have no doubt this is going to be the case, but I’m keeping my 50odd NSXs just in case!

In that case it’s still confusing how the hybrid system of the 918 Spyder gets drained empty while circulating an oval at top speed. Shouldn’t it then start recharging at speeds above 165 mph?

I believe red arrow indicates the system being used and green arrow for recharging.

Edit: Maybe I misread your question. Yes, it does show the red arrow at higher speeds.
How do you`recharge`it?After 2 laps on tokyo its totally empty and doesnt seem to replenish itself.Also can you not use the boost button like you could with the T Hawk or have i misunderstood what it actually does?

It's not "too hard". It's a combination of:
-arcadey race structure where the leader starts 15+ seconds head for absolutely no reason whatsoever, with no qualifying to speak of
-90% of cars in the race are simply there to fill the grid and are no issue whatsoever to get past that you are hardly even racing them but rather lapping a lower class vehicle
-often there's a car(s) in the race that does not belong there, completely outclassing the rest that there is actually some difficulty catching it due to above and below
-in order to catch lead car at its godlike pace, you need to zoom past all the trivial cars and minimize time loss, which can be difficult when they brake very early and drive incredibly slowly through apexes, and potentially spin you due to AI having much more mass than the player
Absolutely this.
The number one thing I utterly despise in this game. It's not racing, it's catching up.

Im glad that you can admit to being blind.
Hopefully I can help you open your eyes to how blatantly obvious it is that this game has been methodically designed to push people towards mtx. Just remember - just because you haven't felt the urge to purchase mtx, doesn't mean it doesn't exist... I can relate, I am a "grinder" and have never purchased MTX.

Seriously - have a look at any previous full release GT game and look at the new features added to GT7 and ask yourself why these things have been implemented. If you still can't see it, then have a look at any popular free to play game and have a look at how the economy of GT7 closely resembles all of these games.

Then please remember something while re-looking at GT7 once more - every decision made in this game has been made by a team of educated and smart people. With the exception of obvious glitches (IE: Transmission PP glitch and roulette ticket glitch) - all of these decisions have been thought out and planned, they weren't just thrown together in a moment and are all intentional.

Understand that the success of free to play games is immense. Its unbelievable how much free games like fortnite / warframe and even candy crush make purely from mtx. Most businesses are only in business because they make profit and its painfully clear that PD have decided to screw the average player over to make extra profits off those who use MTX - feel free to search up "whales" when it comes to MTX and enlighten yourself on this subject.

It has very little to do with the "top up" button and even less to do with the MTX being in the background when you hover of GT in the menu of your Playstation (even though that is apart of it) and everything to do with the low credit payouts and time gated car purchases and time gated event release plus the pricing structure of purchasing MTX. (IE; you buy credits instead of buying the car outright like you did in Sport).

Honestly - you'd have to be actually blind to not see it after having a serious look at this

I must say i’m impressed by update 1.19 , haven’t tried the new cars but with 6 new races , Gran Turismo life is good at moment, I only have 180 cars and i’m slowly getting through them , My way of playing game is try and upgrade as much as possible to race in as many races as possible and i have only completed 12 cars so far , so many months left to enjoy Gran Turismo 7

Honestly - you'd have to be actually blind to not see it after having a serious look at this
You can look at it and certainly see it this way. You can also look at what was/is absent from the game, what the game does give you, what the game doesn't monetize, what the game sets as actual objectives, the pricing set for MTX's, what the game is trying to replicate, and how much it genuinely penalises the player in doing so, what effect the time gating has on earnings and how much of it is pay-to-win (or not), you can also factor the relatively late stage developmental changes (and other technical information that's recently come to light), against relatively few release delays (confirmed at least, and in the context of the pandemic), and also how the eSports model partly requires and utilises drip fed content, and how we saw that play out in GTSport.

I can genuinely look at GT7 and say that other than simply offering virtual credits in exchange for real credits, MTX's are not a focus of the game at all. You may look at it and disagree, but perhaps you're blind to other conclusions than the one you already hold. That's not to excuse some of the shortcomings of GT7 as it stands now.

All I see in this thread are complaints about not being able to sell cars. Haven't we complained about it enough already?
All I see is complaints about other complaints. Far more annoying ones at that. People should complain about it 24/7 like they do in Gran Turismo social media until PD finally notices it.
Selling cars is almost a useless feature. It is going to be applied just for the csr you bought.
Nice presenting speculation as fact... How the hell do you know you won't be able to sell gift cars? Has Kaz told you?

How do you`recharge`it?After 2 laps on tokyo its totally empty and doesnt seem to replenish itself.Also can you not use the boost button like you could with the T Hawk or have i misunderstood what it actually does?
You can't. That's by it's (flawed) design. It's regen & battery storage system is limited. If I recall correctly, in real life, it can only manage 1 complete hot lap around the 'Ring before losing electric assist. It was never really meant to be a track or (aggressive) sports car. It's more of a boulevard cruiser and "numbers" car. The hybrid component makes it 600 lb heavier than it should be, and once you lose the electric assist it's not remotely fast compared to it's peers.

Still love driving it in the game, however. Though those gear ratios, oh my. Once you lose electric boost a 991 GT3 will happily show you it's taillights.

I absolutely LOVE the Hypercar events. I beat that menu yesterday, but in the process did each race 3 times (each with a different car). Love Love Love these. Sidenote: The Vulcan driver is an absolute d*ck. After you pass him, later on in the races he always magically "finds" a significantly faster pace and will have no problem knocking you into the weeds mid turn to ruin your race.

PS: The Black Series AMG GT is an absolute beast and can punch way above it's weight limit.

Last edited:
Had too laugh at the suggested car for Neo Hypercar races being a Toyota Supra, never stood a chance in it , in fact on hard I only managed 4th in various cars

You can't. That's by it's (flawed) design. It's regen & battery storage system is limited. If I recall correctly, in real life, it can only manage 1 complete hot lap around the 'Ring before losing electric assist. It was never really meant to be a track or (aggressive) sports car. It's more of a boulevard cruiser and "numbers" car. The hybrid component makes it 600 lb heavier than it should be, and once you lose the electric assist it's not remotely fast compared to it's peers.

Still love driving it in the game, however. Though those gear ratios, oh my. Once you lose electric boost a 991 GT3 will happily show you it's taillights.

I absolutely LOVE the Hypercar events. I beat that menu yesterday, but in the process did each race 3 times (each with a different car). Love Love Love these. Sidenote: The Vulcan driver is an absolute d*ck. After you pass him, later on in the races he always magically "finds" a significantly faster pace and will have no problem knocking you into the weeds mid turn to ruin your race.

PS: The Black Series AMG GT is an absolute beast and can punch way above it's weight limit.
Thanks for the info,i thought i was maybe doing something wrong with it. 👍

Back