Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
It has a 20-mile electric-only range (at up to 93mph) in real life, and you very much can recharge it on the fly - but it doesn't use engine braking to regenerate, only regular braking. From what I can tell, it looks like the car in GT7 is set to Hot Lap mode (a subset of Race Mode), so you don't get much range or regen, just power.

It also has a charge port on the B-pillar to plug it in...

I absolutely LOVE the Hypercar events. I beat that menu yesterday, but in the process did each race 3 times (each with a different car). Love Love Love these. Sidenote: The Vulcan driver is an absolute d*ck. After you pass him, later on in the races he always magically "finds" a significantly faster pace and will have no problem knocking you into the weeds mid turn to ruin your race.
The reason he "magically" finds pace is because he actually overtakes the leading car, which is usually a Porsche 918 at the start that he has trouble overtaking. After he passed the Porsche, he is at least 4-5 seconds faster on Trial Mountain.

Squint eyes hard enough, and you can actually see a Skyline Super Silhouette in the image below.

German_soldier_with_flamethrower_c1941.jpg

All I see is complaints about other complaints. Far more annoying ones at that. People should complain about it 24/7 like they do in Gran Turismo social media until PD finally notices it.

Nice presenting speculation as fact... How the hell do you know you won't be able to sell gift cars? Has Kaz told you?
I don't know. I just think it's highly probable. It was like that in GTS and do you really think PD is going to let you sell all those Honda's you got from the glitch?

All I see is complaints about other complaints. Far more annoying ones at that. People should complain about it 24/7 like they do in Gran Turismo social media until PD finally notices it.

Nice presenting speculation as fact... How the hell do you know you won't be able to sell gift cars? Has Kaz told you?
As today there is no reason to think otherwise.
I don't know. I just think it's highly probable. It was like that in GTS and do you really think PD is going to let you sell all those Honda's you got from the glitch?
He knows. He is already ready to keep complaining because he spent hours using the ****** glitch instead enjoying the game or doing something else in his life.

Can we have a little "coffee talk" sit down here?

Let's be completely honest with ourselves. IF PD brings back selling cars it'll be just as horrible as it was the last time it was around. You got pennies on the dollar and most of the cars you wanted to sell (prize cars) weren't eligible for selling.

Just accept this truth and move on with your lives, you'll be much happier. :D

Let's be completely honest with ourselves. IF PD brings back selling cars it'll be just as horrible as it was the last time it was around. You got pennies on the dollar and most of the cars you wanted to sell (prize cars) weren't eligible for selling.

Luca will be more then happy to have us as guests

The reason he "magically" finds pace is because he actually overtakes the leading car, which is usually a Porsche 918 at the start that he has trouble overtaking. After he passed the Porsche, he is at least 4-5 seconds faster on Trial Mountain.
I just finished this race and the Vulcan was the #1 car on the grid so there were no other cars it had to pass. After I passed it , the car just sped past me and set a lap 4 seconds faster than my fast lap! That means that it's speed increased dramatically all of a sudden.

Last edited:

That's also true and part of the bigger problem. but also why when say I want them to allow selling cars again, I want them to actually make them all sellable including prize cars.

The economy should be back to where it was in the first 4 Gran Turismo games at least. If not, better.
Even in a Micro Transaction world, the way they're handling it is a terrible design and is getting close to Take-Two levels of bad.

Don't allow selling cars. Instead list the #1 car driven and # 1 (duplicates) owned in each profile. ie if #1 car drvien is Tomahawk + #1 car owned is NSX Gr. B, you know what to expect in a lobby. :lol:;)

Honestly - you'd have to be actually blind to not see it after having a serious look at this

Here’s the thing, I don’t actually care enough to take a serious look at it. Just like I don’t care enough to read the little top off icon in the rewards screen. I only noticed it after others mentioning it.

And because we’re going to assume that Sony in fact has designed the IG economy around MTX’s, then it’s not too far fetched to assume that PD did the engine bonanza glitch on purpose, or n an “accidental” protest of their disapproval of Sony’s decision, no?

Don't ask the impossible. These are important issues that matter to people! :lol:

For me the update was ok,some qol fixes,and the R30.I wasnt too bothered about the porsche,for me they are a`take it or leave it`car,however after using it on Tokyo i quite like it.A bit understeery for me but that may be my driving style.
The new events were fun but the same chase-the-rabbit races,but it is what it is.Payouts could be higher,im hoping in a future update that PD may up the payouts for all events.
I know the human comedy missions are high payers but for me they are too long,make a mistake and your win starts to disappear,im not a fan of hour long races anyway but i dont knock anyone for liking them. 👍

As today there is no reason to think otherwise.

He knows. He is already ready to keep complaining because he spent hours using the ****** glitch instead enjoying the game or doing something else in his life.
There is... They did it in GT Sport, doesn't mean they will in GT7, because GT Sport didn't revolve around single player or car economy. Don't have to be a genius to figure this out.
I also think the gift cars won't be sellable, but I have no proof that this is exactly how it will be.

I spent about 30 minutes figuring the glitch out. After that, it was a script doing all the work while I was literally doing something else... Going to the beach, sleeping, playing a game on the PS4...

When people have the reasoning below that of a monkey's... People say crap like this.

Don't worry, I didn't even glitch to get those NSX Gr.B cars, I did it more for the credits and the special car parts and engines that it would take you 100 years (literally even more) to get while playing this game. The cars I won were just bonus, if I can't sell, I'll get rid of them.
I have all 436 cars in the game, most of them in duplicates or more. I have no need to sell cars other than just to get rid of some of them.

But this isn't about me, it's about the people who grew up with this game and were promised a return to the past and greatness of the future... Yet, we got this half assed demo of game that has less content and far worse features than previous Gran Turismos.

Don't take it on me just because I don't abide by corporate greed that has purely business related intentions and doesn't care about its playerbase.

There are problems rwd feel supper light on the back end again and my four colour toggles on fanatec DD pro don't respond after update. It is getting tiresome to get a steady game like sport was they need to sort this **** ups everytime after an up date. Cannot be that hard to play the game after the Devs have created the up date our know what hand out as a bete what this is.

There are problems rwd feel supper light on the back end again and my four colour toggles on fanatec DD pro don't respond after update. It is getting tiresome to get a steady game like sport was they need to sort this **** ups everytime after an up date. Cannot be that hard to play the game after the Devs have created the up date our know what hand out as a bete what this is.
Rwd cars have not changed. Anything towards them feeling super light on the back end is on you and a placebo. I’ve put in around 1000miles since the update and rwd feels exactly the same.

Last edited:
Don't take it on me just because I don't abide by corporate greed that has purely business related intentions and doesn't care about its playerbase.

If you really felt this way, you wouldn’t be playing GT7 at all….no matter what. You’d be playing ACC. Taking advantage of a glitch in order to “take it to the man”, isn’t being a crusader against PD or Sony.

It’s being a poser

If you really felt this way, you wouldn’t be playing GT7 at all….no matter what. You’d be playing ACC. Taking advantage of a glitch in order to “take it to the man”, isn’t being a crusader against PD or Sony.

It’s being a poser
No... I just love this franchise way too much. It all started with it. And I see the potential in the game still.

Taking advantage of the glitch so I can have my fun tuning the cars with engine swaps and special parts and trying them out. If not for the glitch, it would be next to impossible to get them.

Any other game not Gran Turismo, GTA, God of War and The Last of Us, and I'd drop this in a heart beat. Dropped AC before btw.

Last edited:
Its great to see the Porsche 918, with each update the game becomes better, but its still a quite small update and the state of game is like what i was with gt sport in the beginning, maybe a bit better but career is so empty, i think giving this game a break for 6 months or more should make it more complete, i just recently got assetto corsa so will have a lot to do for that game with all the extra cars and tracks thsts avaialble to download

I think dirt build-up during races was stealth added in the last patch, I did 10 laps at Willow Springs in my S2000 and by the end of it, the car had a light layer of dirt/oil specks coating the front, as well as a layer of dust.

Picture is with dust disabled but "oil stains" enabled - I have seen the dust layer accumulate before but never the dirt/oil. I hope this is something that is consistent and not just because Willow Springs is a dusty ol track.

1659129964254.png

Its great to see the Porsche 918, with each update the game becomes better, but its still a quite small update and the state of game is like what i was with gt sport in the beginning, maybe a bit better but career is so empty, i think giving this game a break for 6 months or more should make it more complete, i just recently got assetto corsa so will have a lot to do for that game with all the extra cars and tracks thsts avaialble to download
The game is definitely improving, no question about that.
But it's at such a slow rate that it becomes unbearable. And the priorities of what's put in the game sooner are also completely mixed.

Whoever buys this game in 2023 will more than likely have a great racing game on his hands, but for us who bought it at launch... Huge disappointment. I already beat the content drop of this month and got to experience the 3 cars. ... And this was one day after. Now... the wait...

Time Trial is what is keeping me busy these days other than the 1 hour grind per day of Tokyo/Sardegna.

Crap... sprained my ankle and won't be back home until the 6th... possibly won't be able to buy the Silhouette on this first wave and have to wait a few months until it returns to the legendary car dealer.

I have a sad.

Latest Posts

Back