Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
Crap... sprained my ankle and won't be back home until the 6th... possibly won't be able to buy the Silhouette on this first wave and have to wait a few months until it returns to the legendary car dealer.

I have a sad.
It should stay in legendary dealer for a while

The game is definitely improving, no question about that.
But it's at such a slow rate that it becomes unbearable. And the priorities of what's put in the game sooner are also completely mixed.

Whoever buys this game in 2023 will more than likely have a great racing game on his hands, but for us who bought it at launch... Huge disappointment. I already beat the content drop of this month and got to experience the 3 cars. ... And this was one day after. Now... the wait...

Time Trial is what is keeping me busy these days other than the 1 hour grind per day of Tokyo/Sardegna.
I'm having a blast in custom races. You should try it.

Done it many times already. For them to be competitive I have to be like 60pp less than the AI.
If I'm the same PP, I blast through them in like 2 laps of any average circuit. And I use the AI on Hard...

I want Magiore Gr.3 Mission or Daytona 730pp race AI level of competitiveness. Those two races for some reason actually have ridiculously fast AI. Why can't all races (at least on the Hard AI setting since if all AI was like this, 99% of the playerbase couldn't beat it) have AI like those two races?
And then there's the payouts, which are insulting...

Done it many times already. For them to be competitive I have to be like 60pp less than the AI.
If I'm the same PP, I blast through them in like 2 laps of any average circuit. And I use the AI on Hard...

I want Magiore Gr.3 Mission or Daytona 730pp race AI level of competitiveness. Those two races for some reason actually have ridiculously fast AI. Why can't all races (at least on the Hard AI setting since if all AI was like this, 99% of the playerbase couldn't beat it) have AI like those two races?
Boost Weak?

Boost on weak, lesser tires and PP on your car. Sure it takes some work, but its worth the effort.

Boost Weak?
Boost on weak, lesser tires and PP on your car. Sure it takes some work, but its worth the effort.
Boost weak yes...

It could be competitive if the AI has racing tyres and I have sport tyres, but that isn't really racing now is it? That's just a catch up mission on hard difficulty. And the miserable payouts are not worth the effort at all. If this had dynamic payouts (as well as superior) like GT Sport custom races had, now that would be worth the effort.

Doing a 10 lap race with a far weaker car and winning some decent credits to be able to buy quite a few parts on one of the many cars I plan to tune. That would be worth it.

Doing a 10 lap race with a far weaker car and winning ... not even enough to buy a set of racing soft tyres? ... Bruh

You probably don't mind because you don't want all the cars and also tune them. I not only want to have all of them, but also almost all of them in duplicates, one stock, one fully tuned, and in some cases, one for top speed. And even some racing car duplicates to create a custom race with several cars with different liveries would also be nice.
GT7 is also not the only game I play. So I really need good ways, and less boring (same 3 races to grind for 3 months starts to affect your sanity a bit), to get credits. Custom Races are not one of them, and Sport Mode while competitive, starts to get stale with the same old stupid rolling starts with massive gaps between cars, and their payouts are even more insulting than custom races.

Different ways to play the game... I've collected all cars in all Gran Turismos I've played, but GT7 is the one that makes me go the extra level because the cars' detail and customization are just on a higher level, and yet it's the one that makes life that much more difficult to do so. *sigh

That's just a catch up mission on hard difficulty.
Thats the point. Hell the other night I did a 5 lapper at RBR with standing start, started 10th out of 20, lost 3 spots on the first lap, then clawed my way back to 8th. It was difficult, and thats why its fun. Unless you're happy with flying past the AI like they're standing still?

I race to have fun...

Boost weak yes...

It could be competitive if the AI has racing tyres and I have sport tyres, but that isn't really racing now is it? That's just a catch up mission on hard difficulty. And the miserable payouts are not worth the effort at all. If this had dynamic payouts (as well as superior) like GT Sport custom races had, now that would be worth the effort.
It's not really like that. Using worse tyres makes you slower on the straights and in the corners.
The AI are terrible in the corners and dont use full throttle on the straights.

The tyre imbalance therefore works to equalise this pretty well, you're just giving yourself the same disadvantage the AI have so you can actually fight them.

If anything using the same compound is making it "catch up" because you're just flying past them instead of fighting them.

Here’s the thing, I don’t actually care enough to take a serious look at it. Just like I don’t care enough to read the little top off icon in the rewards screen. I only noticed it after others mentioning it.

And because we’re going to assume that Sony in fact has designed the IG economy around MTX’s, then it’s not too far fetched to assume that PD did the engine bonanza glitch on purpose, or n an “accidental” protest of their disapproval of Sony’s decision, no?
But you care enough to come here and have a full discussion about it :confused::confused::confused:

Then - whilst admitting you don't care, and have not looked into it... stating that GT7 isn't an MTX simulator.
Good one mate...

How about next time you comment saying the majority of the community is wrong... actually have a think about what you're saying and have some reasons to back up your clearly unsubstantiated claim.. or just leave it alone because as you admit, you know nothing on the subject.

I personally have no idea if this design has been pushed by Sony, PD or both. All of it is purely speculation from how Sony may or may not have influenced PD's game. The only fact we can go off here is that PD has designed and released a game like this - so the onus is 100% on them imo.

Last edited:
Boost weak yes...

Doing a 10 lap race with a far weaker car and winning some decent credits to be able to buy quite a few parts on one of the many cars I plan to tune. That would be worth it.

Doing a 10 lap race with a far weaker car and winning ... not even enough to buy a set of racing soft tyres? ... Bruh

You probably don't mind because you don't want all the cars and also tune them. I not only want to have all of them, but also almost all of them in duplicates, one stock, one fully tuned, and in some cases, one for top speed. And even some racing car duplicates to create a custom race with several cars with different liveries would also be nice.
GT7 is also not the only game I play. So I really need good ways, and less boring (same 3 races to grind for 3 months starts to affect your sanity a bit), to get credits. Custom Races are not one of them, and Sport Mode while competitive, starts to get stale with the same old stupid rolling starts with massive gaps between cars, and their payouts are even more insulting than custom races.

Different ways to play the game... I've collected all cars in all Gran Turismos I've played, but GT7 is the one that makes me go the extra level because the cars' detail and customization are just on a higher level, and yet it's the one that makes life that much more difficult to do so. *sigh
I read you. For sure, everyone plays differently. As shown in the Custom Race thread.
Spending Cr to replicate racing series I’m interested in. 20 duplicates and different liveries for them. I run my Cars with equal PP to the AI. No handicapping my car. I’ve culled my garage plenty, before we got the update to lock in favourites. Oh well.

Cars Bought 869
Credits Spent on Cars Cr. 221,966,793
Credits Spent on Customisation Cr. 3,384,994
Credits Spent on Tuning Cr. 92,547,565
Car Collection Progress 75%

It’s why I don’t prioritise those 10-20 mil cars. I’ve got cars to build and races to create. ;)

But you care enough to come here and have a full discussion about it :confused::confused::confused:

Then - whilst admitting you don't care, and have not looked into it... stating that GT7 isn't an MTX simulator.
Good one mate...

How about next time you comment saying the majority of the community is wrong... actually have a think about what you're saying and have some reasons to back up your clearly unsubstantiated claim.. or just leave it alone because as you admit, you know nothing on the subject.

I personally have no idea if this design has been pushed by Sony, PD or both. All of it is purely speculation from how Sony may or may not have influenced PD's game. The only fact we can go off here is that PD has designed and released a game like this - so the onus is 100% on them imo.

If you dig through my past posts about MTX’s, you’ll see that we share much of the same thought process on how and why MTX’s are around. I’ve even said countless times that PD is doing it wrong and they’re shorting themselves a lot if $$. I’VE EVEN SAID that if MTX’s were a better deal, I would have a good $150 into the game by now. I’VE EVEN TALKED ABOUT WAYS FOR PD TO ABSOLUTELY maximize their $$ on this title before switching it over to PS5 only and forcing people into new consoles. If there’s anyone who could steer Sony to the promise land on how to rip off the players, it’s me 😂

I’ve said it before; PD and Sony really should hire me on as a consultant

But alas, I just don’t think that the MTX implementation is a big deal, or even a game-breaker. Common sense would suggest that the only people who care, are the most discerning fans of the franchise that LOOK for bad things in games. That and people who review games.

For the other 99% of us, it’s literally not a big deal.

Last edited:
This is nice for custom races : ☺️

E1A568B9-1308-4861-BC63-8228BB46C40B.jpeg

You dont speak for other people, and lack objective insight.

Of course I was using Hyperbole.

But since something like 15% of players have gotten to the end credits, and even less half way through the menu books. I’m willing to bet that the only people who really care about the MTX implementation are those that are on Reddit, GTPlanet, and other twitter-like places. So yeah…. an extremely small percentage of people actually care about this

But since something like 15% of players have gotten to the end credits, and even less half way through the menu books. I’m willing to bet that the only people who really care about the MTX implementation are those that are on Reddit, GTPlanet, and other twitter-like places. So yeah…. an extremely small percentage of people actually care about this
Why does someone need to finish the game to be bothered by MTs? They exist from start to finish and if anything they're more annoying early game, before you can earn the highest amounts yourself.

You don't think there are some casual players frustrated they can't buy some of the Legendary Cars while they're playing and receiving peanuts, all the while the game hints at using MTs?

You don't think some casual players can still feel FOMO that they're gonna miss out on a car they really like because they won't be able to afford it before selling out, without MTs?

You don't speak for other people, your statistics are imaginary, and you have yet to make any salient points at all. Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but all you crave is attention.

A weird thing (bug?) regarding the new cars: the Skyline Silhouette and Maserati both doesn't have an ECU upgrade.

At first I thought it's because they are old cars, but the Mercedes W194 is even older than the Maserati and can have an ECU installed. The Skyline being a Gr race car, normally comes with ECU as standard (the old Group B cars and Group C cars all come with ECU stock, and they are all 80s cars). Even weirder, both the Skyline and Maserati can adjust fuel map without ECU, which makes me believe they should come with it, but a bug shows it as not installed in the settings menu. (edit: according to the online manual, you need ECU to activate fuel map, but I just tested and this doesn't seem to be the case. Double bug?)

Oh and the Porsche 918 is only the 6th car in the whole game that can have the 4WS upgrade (the others being AMG GT/GT R/Black/Safety Car and 991 GT3 RS).

Last edited:
A weird thing (bug?) regarding the new cars: the Skyline Silhouette and Maserati both doesn't have an ECU upgrade.

At first I thought it's because they are old cars, but the Mercedes W194 is even older than the Maserati and can have an ECU installed. The Skyline being a Gr race car, normally comes with ECU as standard (the old Group B cars and Group C cars all come with ECU stock, and they are all 80s cars). Even weirder, both the Skyline and Maserati can adjust fuel map without ECU, which makes me believe they should come with it, but a bug shows it as not installed in the settings menu.

Oh and the Porsche 918 is only the 6th car in the whole game that can have the 4WS upgrade (the others being AMG GT/GT R/Black/Safety Car and 991 GT3 RS).
I bet there is someone on here who can qualify this, but maybe the fuel map on these older cars might come down to a manual operated valve / flow regulator, and the ECU would not have anything to interface with on such old vehicles. Knowing PD's obsession for detail these things are likely to be period correct. I bet if it existed an 1981 ECU would be very chunky piece of kit lol

Could be though that so many people stopped because of the grind introduced to the game to sell MTX.

If they design a game to be enjoyable without MTX in mind then add it in at end of development I don't think anyone would have a issue. It pretty obvious not what they've done though.

Perhaps only 15% of players have gotten to the end credits because a game built around MTX is inherently designed to be unfun?

Or maybe people were expecting an actual career mode and was instead given nothing but menu books.

Last edited:

At first I thought it's because they are old cars, but the Mercedes W194 is even older than the Maserati and can have an ECU installed. The Skyline being a Gr race car, normally comes with ECU as standard (the old Group B cars and Group C cars all come with ECU stock, and they are all 80s cars). Even weirder, both the Skyline and Maserati can adjust fuel map without ECU, which makes me believe they should come with it, but a bug shows it as not installed in the settings menu.

I had to purchase the power restrictor for the R30. Another thing about the car, it wears 18” rear tyres. It should have 19”.

Is it me or this update kinda destabilized Lobbies? I got CE-210315 2 time consecutively in Sport mode.

It's annoying though, this is the first time I encounter lobby problems in Sport mode.

If they had gone with the real traditional model with cars for a few dollars they would have sold millions worth of MTX :-)
Probably not. Polyphony floated this idea once and the backlash was immense. Forza had this for a while, and removed it. History would suggest that introducing such a microtransaction scheme today would not be received well. People see it as nickel and diming.
And because we’re going to assume that Sony in fact has designed the IG economy around MTX’s, then it’s not too far fetched to assume that PD did the engine bonanza glitch on purpose, or n an “accidental” protest of their disapproval of Sony’s decision, no?
No. We assume the economy is designed around microtransactions because it looks like it was designed around microtransactions. We assume the engine glitch was a glitch because it looked like a glitch (the clue is in the name).

If there's evidence to suggest otherwise apart than wishful thinking then by all means share it, but until that time the sensible thing is to assume that things are actually what they appear to be.
If you really felt this way, you wouldn’t be playing GT7 at all….no matter what. You’d be playing ACC. Taking advantage of a glitch in order to “take it to the man”, isn’t being a crusader against PD or Sony.

It’s being a poser
I would imagine for most people using the glitches was neither being a crusader nor being a poser. It was simply the more fun way to play the game. The game doesnt' make it particularly fun or rewarding to work your way up to the expensive stuff and the effort-to-reward ratio is way off for most people, so it's just more fun to skip the economy entirely and have a game that's almost entirely a sandbox.

Games are for fun. Playing a single player game in a way that is fun for you isn't something to be sneered at as if there's some elitist "correct" way to play.
I don't know about others, but I mostly comment here when I have free time at work. It's not time that could have been spent playing games or doing pretty much anything else useful, so mocking people for talking about something and not doing it seems pretty silly.

Also, it's a discussion board. If he wants to have a full discussion about something that's sort of the reason this place exists.

Back