Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
I bet there is someone on here who can qualify this, but maybe the fuel map on these older cars might come down to a manual operated valve / flow regulator, and the ECU would not have anything to interface with on such old vehicles. Knowing PD's obsession for detail these things are likely to be period correct. I bet if it existed an 1981 ECU would be very chunky piece of kit lol
All cars older than the Maserati can have an ECU upgrade though, I just checked. Even the Barker Mercedes 1929. I don't mind realism but PD isn't consistent in this case, which leads me to believe this is an oversight.

Also if PD wants to be uber realistic, we wouldn't be able to activate ABS, TCS or ASM in a lot of the older cars.
All cars can have their fuel maps adjusted no matter what ECU they have.
Yeah you're right. I read in the online manual that you need to purchase ECU to activate the fuel map setting, but I just tested and it seems to work even with stock computer.

I don't know about others, but I mostly comment here when I have free time at work. It's not time that could have been spent playing games or doing pretty much anything else useful, so mocking people for talking about something and not doing it seems pretty silly.

Also, it's a discussion board. If he wants to have a full discussion about something that's sort of the reason this place exists.

I'm not mocking him...

I'm pointing out a mere fact that he insists that he is correct, while simultaneously explaining that he knows nothing, nor cares to educate himself... on the subject that he insists he is correct on.

Which to anyone with their head screwed on....it does lead to a lot of answers about this individual.

What I find most fascinating is that when I called him out on this, he does a complete 180 on everything he said in the previous messages. Other than pointing this laughable trait here and now - I'm not going to waste my time with person anymore.

Last edited:
I'm not mocking him...

I'm pointing out a mere fact that he insists that he is correct, while simultaneously explaining that he knows nothing, nor cares to educative himself... on the subject that he insists he is correct on.

Which to anyone with their head screwed on....it does lead to a lot of answers about this individual.

What I find most fascinating is that when I called him out on this, he does a complete 180 on everything he said in the previous messages. Other than pointing this laughable trait here and now - I'm not going to waste my time with person anymore.

You should block me then. Easy 🤷🏼‍♂️

If PD was serious about pursuing MTX’s, they would have made them a much better value. Why not just go for the whales and FOMO’s when you can get guys like me too? I would have zero issue paying some real money for some fake money if the investment was worth my time. At $20usd for 2 million credits, the time-investment ratio isn’t there.

It looks like the IG economy was designed as is to preserve the longevity of the game so players can have car collection goals to work towards to that were longer than 4 months. But that goal has been severely hampered by the drip feeding of content. Wether the drip feed is PD’s incompetence, or there were problems with some of the content is anyones guess (with the rocky release and the buggy updates, either scenario is equally possible).

But to say the IG economy is based around poorly valued MTX’s for all the aforementioned reasons, defies common sense.

If we had more events to grind, the IG economy wouldn’t be nearly as big of a deal. Although I’m sure many of you guys would still complain

But then again, it is PD

…. And me for that matter. 😂

Last edited:
You should block me then. Easy 🤷🏼‍♂️

If PD was serious about pursuing MTX’s, they would have made them a much better value. Why not just go for the whales and FOMO’s when you can get guys like me too? I would have zero issue paying some real money for some fake money if the investment was worth my time. At $20usd for 2 million credits, the time-investment ratio isn’t there.

It looks like the IG economy was designed as is to preserve the longevity of the game so players can have car collection goals to work towards to that were longer than 4 months. But that goal has been severely hampered by the drip feeding of content. Wether the drip feed is PD’s incompetence, or there were problems with some of the content is anyones guess (with the rocky release and the buggy updates, either scenario is equally possible).

But to say the IG economy is based around poorly valued MTX’s for all the aforementioned reasons, defies common sense.

If we had more events to grind, the IG economy wouldn’t be nearly as big of a deal. Although I’m sure many of you guys would still complain

But then again, it is PD

…. And me for that matter. 😂
I would like to believe that to be the case, but when you look at how successful GTA Online Shark Cards are, despite them also having an absolute abhorrent value for money - it makes me think that Sony likely wanted to replicate that success rather than do anything else.

I would like to believe that to be the case, but when you look at how successful GTA Online Shark Cards are, despite them also having an absolute abhorrent value for money - it makes me think that Sony likely wanted to replicate that success rather than do anything else.

I agree, but GTA vs GT isn’t an apples to apples comparison. GTA is one of the most popular franchises ever. Gran Turismo? Eh… used to be.

A real estate saying is; “a house is worth what someone will pay for it”

Looks to me like PD wether by incompetence, design, or disapproval… is charging San Diego prices for Barstow real estate.

To be honest, I think this is plausibly what Kaz could have meant when he said he didn't intend on people grinding the same events over and over again and wants players to think of the bigger picture in regards to GT7's longevity.

I say this while steering players towards micro-transactions makes way more sense and I feel that I probably should agree with that. The only issue I have with this reason is that it's a very rational reason to think of Kaz's decision to make GT7 economy low event pay, high car prices. and well, Kazunori Yamauchi is well...not rational. Every interview I have read about him, he's given me this vibe of someone with a vision, but his head in the clouds versus reality. Each decision he and his company has made with GT from the past til now can be seen as irrational decisions. Choosing to place PS2 models in the PS3 games, not outsourcing to get more content, focusing on releasing fictional cars in the vision gt project instead of adding real-world cars, making the sounds computer generated and sound like vacuums. and of course choosing to stay quiet about projects and what's going on behind PD's doors and not giving even a theme for dlc cars. Other racing game developers tend to be more open about this stuff, but PD stays silent.

Though this is more food for thought, it's something that's been in my head for a while.

The lack of modern race cars could all have to do with licensing and contracts.

Ferrari might have wanted a price for the 488 that PD/Sony wasn’t willing to pay. Or other titles could have exclusives. Same for all the other cars. There’s a million reasons why cars do, or don’t end up in Gran Turismo. And yes, PD’s laziness could be one of them. Who knows… they might still be coming. It’s not like there isn’t a couple vintages of Nissan Gr.2 cars…

It sounds like Kaz has always had these grand visions that either don’t mesh up well with deadlines, checkbooks, or both.

But I have trouble believing the IG economy is based upon an MTX schedule that all reason points to a lot of money being left on the table, in its current form. It seems like a MTX schedule that resembles that of GTS, would work exponentially better. Especially since this current Gran Turismo rendition puts a premium on car collecting.

I don’t find MTX’s intrusive the least bit. But I do find it to be another missed opportunity on PD’s part.

But in the end, the game is still pretty damn good.

Last edited:
that all reason points to a lot of money being left on the table, in its current form.
You keep saying this as if you somehow know that your idea of cheaper MTs being bought by more people would be more profitable than the current system. How do you know? Do you know how many people have bought them, have you somehow calculated how many people would but cheaper ones?

With all due respect I think Sony and PD, with all their data, know the most profitable way to do MTs better than you.

The game is objectively slower to earn all the cars than any other GT game. They actively made it even slower before they faced backlash. They added FOMO elements. If you can't see that it's all to push people toward MTs, no matter how much it won't work on you or I, then clearly nothing but PD admitting it will sway you.

You keep saying this as if you somehow know that your idea of cheaper MTs being bought by more people would be more profitable than the current system. How do you know? Do you know how many people have bought them, have you somehow calculated how many people would but cheaper ones?

With all due respect I think Sony and PD, with all their data, know the most profitable way to do MTs better than you.

The game is objectively slower to earn all the cars than any other GT game. They actively made it even slower before they faced backlash. They added FOMO elements. If you can't see that it's all to push people toward MTs, no matter how much it won't work on you or I, then clearly nothing but PD admitting it will sway you.

Either PD and Sony are making hand over fists with this current MTX model, or they’re leaving a lot of money on the table.

If you take into account the small numbers of people finishing the game, the small online numbers, and probably a few other metrics. It’s not hard to surmise (or even a reach to assume), that they’re not making a lot of money under the current schedule.

The demand does not justify the costs is what I’m getting at. Just like the PS5 version of ACC doesn’t get any support because the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. So what did Kunos do? They discounted their product for PS5 to farm up some demand.

Unless I’m waaay off (and I don’t think I am)….they’re missing the boat with this.

And of course, this all is under the assumption that the IG economy is in fact premised on driving people to poorly-valued MTX’s and Polyphony IS IN FACT taking MTX’s seriously.

For the record, I don’t think either of these above statements are 100% true. There’s probably a bit of truth in both.

Last edited:
focusing on releasing fictional cars in the vision gt project instead of adding real-world cars,
To note, when I mentioned this part; I was thinking of GT6 initially when they started the Vision GT project. Most of the dlc cars given in that game were VGT cars.

You dont speak for other people, and lack objective insight.

You don't speak for other people, your statistics are imaginary, and you have yet to make any salient points at all. Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but all you crave is attention.

For someone who has clearly got an issue vis-a-vis "You don't speak for other people" and "lack objective insight"; your accusation "... all you crave is attention" seems to be both of those.

The lack of modern race cars could all have to do with licensing and contracts.

Ferrari might have wanted a price for the 488 that PD/Sony wasn’t willing to pay. Or other titles could have exclusives. Same for all the other cars. There’s a million reasons why cars do, or don’t end up in Gran Turismo. And yes, PD’s laziness could be one of them. Who knows… they might still be coming. It’s not like there isn’t a couple vintages of Nissan Gr.2 cars
I somehow doubt that PD would have licensing problems with a 488 if they're able to get a F8 Tributo in their current game and were able to license more significant cars in Ferrari's history like the 250 GTO. It becomes less believable for me to see this when I see other racing games having the 488 and their racing counterparts.

I think it's more of Polyphony just being selective about their cars and deciding to only add things they want and nothing more.

I somehow doubt that PD would have licensing problems with a 488 if they're able to get a F8 Tributo in their current game and were able to license more significant cars in Ferrari's history like the 250 GTO. It becomes less believable for me to see this when I see other racing games having the 488 and their racing counterparts.

I think it's more of Polyphony just being selective about their cars and deciding to only add things they want and nothing more.

Do you know if Forza has the 488?

I just wonder if Ferrari would only allow their current race car in sims they only find suitable? It’s hard to say

Either PD and Sony are making hand over fists with this current MTX model, or they’re leaving a lot of money on the table.

If you take into account the small numbers of people finishing the game, the small online numbers, and probably a few other metrics. It’s not hard to surmise (or even a reach to assume), that they’re not making a lot of money under the current schedule.
No, that's literally just guessing. Neither you nor I have ANY clue as to how many MTs are sold. None at all.
The demand does not justify the costs is what I’m getting at. Just like the PS5 version of ACC doesn’t get any support because the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. So what did Kunos do? They discounted their product for PS5 to farm up some demand.

Unless I’m waaay off (and I don’t think I am)….they’re missing the boat with this.
Again, you have zero idea on how much in demand MTs are among the wider population. Zero.
And of course, this all is under the assumption that the IG economy is in fact premised on driving people to poorly-valued MTX’s and Polyphony IS IN FACT taking MTX’s seriously.

For the record, I don’t think either of these above statements are 100% true. There’s probably a bit of truth in both.
Well no, that's clear you don't think that and like I said, clearly nothing short of PD admitting it would convince you. So there isn't much point trying to continue convincing you.

I just wonder if Ferrari would only allow their current race car in sims they only find suitable? It’s hard to say
Yes. Both Forza Motorsport 6 & 7 have the 488 GTB, Forza Horizon 3-5 have it & Forza Horizon 4-5 have the 488 Pista. FH5 has the 488 Challenge race car. Assetto Corsa has the 488 GTB and the GT3, Project Cars 2-3 have the 488 GT3 iirc, Assetto Corsa Competizione has a 488 GT3. and The Crew 2 has a Ferrari 488 GTB, Pista, and GT3 in it right now.

This is why I doubt it's a license issue on PD's end and rather of just choosing not to include it for probably an irrational reason. It would be logical and rational to include the 488 GT3 along with other newer GT3 cars GT7 currently doesn't have, but they haven't.

Forza 7 had two 488 road cars and the 488 Challenge Race car.

Project CARS 3 had the 488 GT3 and 488 Challenge.

Assetto Corsa (the first one) had the 488 GTB road car and GT3 race race.

GRID 2019 had the 488 GTE.

Need for Speed Heat had two 488 road cars.

Driveclub add the 488 GTB road car as DLC.

GTS and GT7 are really the odd one out.

I've said it before but any licensing issues stemming from PD is absolutely not going to be because they're not allowed to by either Sony or by the manufacturers themselves (even with Lotus you can not convince me that they want something that unreasonable) - it surely has to be PD being lazy or cheap.

Why would Koenigsegg license themselves to basically every game (including Driveclub) and yet not touch Gran Turismo?
Why would Ferrari license the 488 to basically every game except Gran Turismo?
Why would Lotus negotiate well with every other game out there.. except Gran Turismo, where they are suddenly too expensive?
Why are Bentley suddenly gone? Why have we lost basically every Subaru? Why is Citroen now nothing but copies of the same VGT?

I simply cannot believe that any of these are down to "licensing issues" but are 100% down to PD being lazy when it comes to licensing.

It's a flagship brand backed by bloody Sony. They can afford Lotus.

Last edited:
No, that's literally just guessing. Neither you nor I have ANY clue as to how many MTs are sold. None at all.

Again, you have zero idea on how much in demand MTs are among the wider population. Zero.

Well no, that's clear you don't think that and like I said, clearly nothing short of PD admitting it would convince you. So there isn't much point trying to continue convincing you.

I can be convinced when I actually see good evidence that the economy is based upon a poorly-executed MTX system. Yes, I agree that I have no clue to what their spread sheets say their profits are regarding MTX’s. But taking what I do know about business, I’d be god smacked if they weren’t leaving potential profits on the table. Whatever tho. Either way
doesn’t bother me the least bit.

Forza 7 had two 488 road cars and the 488 Challenge Race car.

Project CARS 3 had the 488 GT3 and 488 Challenge.

Assetto Corsa (the first one) had the 488 GTB road car and GT3 race race.

GRID 2019 had the 488 GTE.

Need for Speed Heat had two 488 road cars.

Driveclub add the 488 GTB road car as DLC.

GTS and GT7 are really the odd one out.

With this information, I agree with you. Probably laziness.

There could be an outside chance PD didn’t want to pony up. And there’s just as likely a chance that they’ll come.

Last edited:
Let's have this part happen first before we complain about those hypothetically complaining.
You're replying to someone who has a significant intelectual deficit, and on top of that suffers from Stockholm Syndrome with PD/Gran Turismo.

What he posted was the literal definition of a strawman. You can't find one single post of his that has any kind of thought out criticism.

I've said it before but any licensing issues stemming from PD is absolutely not going to be because they're not allowed to by either Sony or by the manufacturers themselves (even with Lotus you can not convince me that they want something that unreasonable) - it surely has to be PD being lazy or cheap.

Why would Koenigsegg license themselves to basically every game (including Driveclub) and yet not touch Gran Turismo?
Why would Lotus negotiate well with every other game out there.. except Gran Turismo, where they are suddenly too expensive?
Why are Bentley suddenly gone? Why have we lost basically every Subaru? Why is Citroen now nothing but copies of the same VGT?

I simply cannot believe that any of these are down to "licensing issues" but are 100% down to PD being lazy when it comes to licensing.

Pretty much, and the brands themselves would more than likely also want to be represented by a game of GT's caliber. It's publicity to them.

Last edited:
Players: Uhh we want modern cars, nobody wants old cars or VGT!!!!!111eleven
PD: adds a 488 GT3, a Huracan Evo, a 911 GT3R and a 720 GT3.
Players: Uhh why does PD only add duplicates and racing cars nobody needs???????222

:dunce:

Was this supposed to make sense? Are we in an alternate dimension and I didn’t get the memo?

To be fair, wasn't the reason for Spa not appearing in GTS for a while that they were trying to charge more for the license than they were doing to other games? For Lotus in particular they quite literally had a finished car in GT Sport that they never added, so it wouldn't make sense if they really just hadn't bothered trying to get it settled.

Back