Gran Turismo 7 Virtual Card Trading Game Announced for Germany, With In-Game Credits and GT Merchandise Rewards

• Thread starter Famine
  • 103 comments
I already assumed that. But its happening in the GranTurismo brand universe and that universe is currently filled with unsatisfied players, to put it nicely. So any step taken in the near future carrying the GT brand, should be considered wisely.

Also, didnt catch your joke. But british humor is a .. special thing. So is german humor. We might encounter cultural barriers, I might say.
So you want PD to be closed and all their employees to lose their jobs because Sony in Germany decided to do a game for the players in their country which has no impact on the work that PD is currently doing? Okay..

Hey guys, quick heads up. The quiz question about Lamborghini is broken

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-29-10-42-11-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-29-10-42-11-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2022-10-29-10-42-37-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-29-10-42-37-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 16
Is this Gran Turismo or a Gacha game?

First the silly roulette, microtransactions and now Trading cards?

I didn't sign up for Pokemon FFS.

Kaz keeps going on about how GT7 is about 'car culture'. What does roulette and Trading cards have to do with car culture?

Just fix Sport Mode. In the nearly 8 months since launch, Gran Turismo has gone from being partnered with the FIA, being represented at the Olympic Games, to almost complete insignificance in the sim racing scene. They are haemorrhaging talented Esports players.

Everything was looking good, PS5 exclusive, 30+ car grids, multiple statements that at minimum it would have ALL the online features GT Sport had... then Jim Ryan opens his mouth about how he'd like to see it backwards compatible, only half a year before launch. Making a call like that so late in the development process? No wonder PD are behind. They didn't even complete the LAN protocols until 2 days before the 1st live event in Austria, and we all saw how that turned out... as representatives from the FIA were looking on to see how the game was progressing towards being Esports ready, as they have publicly stated they are willing to partner up again.

Kaz & PD are telling us nothing, not to mention the Twitter fiasco with Valerio Gallo & them forcing him to publicly recant his statements about GT7 not being Esports ready, only for the FIA to announce a month later both they & Kaz agreed BEFORE LAUNCH that GT7 was not Esports ready.

Don't forget Hermen Hulst, with all the publicly listed meetings he and Kaz/PD are having, about the future of Gran Turismo but still no information for the actual player base ... PD have had pretty much complete Autonomy in the past, now Jim & Herman can't keep their respective noses out of it.

None of it bodes well for this game/franchise I love so very much.

To say I'm disappointed with this release of GT7 is a massive understatement.

It's fading into racing sim obscurity already. GT7 still has the potential to be epic, THE premier console racing simulator. Unfortunately I can't see it happening.

Hell, they want to make money? Do what every other successful sim is doing, offer DLC's with good, modern content.

Don't make us play with stupid Trading cards.

Last edited:
Are there explanations for the challenges somewhere?

I have to collect 3 gold medals. But where and what kind of gold medals?
Seems like missions and license tests doesn't count.

Does anybody know what to do?

Some Pratt has been spamming my card collection swap requests the last 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earlier in this thread someone stated that the 3 gold medal solo challenge is bugged and they are working on fixing it.

It seems like the 100.000 Credits and 3 pre-order cars reward is gone. I can imagine to many non germans used this to often in combination with the two 5000 points codes just to get the cars. 😅

From my observation it only counts new gold medals. I have gold in every single player event and setting a new record didn't do anything. It did count setting a gold time in the current online time trial, but not improving on my personal record again. Haven't won a race in Sport mode this week, so can't say whether that counts. Seems this is a challenge to do when a patch with new events releases.
Some Pratt has been spamming my card collection swap requests the last 2 days.
The swap request lag sometimes, accidentally allowing you to offer the same card multiple times (hence the regularly broken requests in many people's profiles), but still awarding you the speed points every time. Some players seem to have masssively abused that.
Thanks!
It seems like the 100.000 Credits and 3 pre-order cars reward is gone. I can imagine to many non germans used this to often in combination with the two 5000 points codes just to get the cars. 😅
It only reards you with the cars from the pre-order bonus, so it's not really useful to redeem it more than once - or at all if you had the cars anyway.

Just as I got to the 30k needed for the Trial Mountain t-shirt they raised the price to 50k :mad::mad::mad:

Nice , Lucky you's that qualify :), nothing shows anymore on mine using the app, probably because I don't qualify

Last edited:
Back