Gran Turismo 7 Will Allow You to Import Liveries and Decals from GT Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Yeah, 25-ish hours IIRC just to draw the decals for my Vaillant Z4 GT3...

1644232687464.png

Probably 20 hours on the Studie M4 GT4.. and this is the only livery I've ran out of layers on... so I'm glad the number of layers we can use is going up.

1644232915475.png

And this lot will be hundreds of hours...

I wonder how the visual customization parts are going to affect this. Would the livery be locked only to cars who use the exact same parts?
On shared liveries it's a definite possibility, in the livery editor though, I'd imagine you'll be able to open your own liveries and tweak them if you need it.

YES! trully a blessing!

But I'm disagree to keep "likes". A new game, new players will come to create, everybody has his chance.

I agree, but I can imagine that's gonna be a lot of work for the livery editor pures to repost there 1300+ liveries lol

A maximum of 100 transferred Car Liveries will be displayed at a time in the 'GT Sport Liveries' menu found under GT Auto → Car Customization → Livery Editor → Open Design. If more than 100 car Liveries are transferred, new Liveries will be displayed as old ones are imported or deleted. Also, when importing you will need to change your current car to the target car;

What does this mean? Because it reads like you can transfer liveries but only keep 100 of them....

Last edited:
A maximum of 100 transferred Car Liveries will be displayed at a time in the 'GT Sport Liveries' menu found under GT Auto → Car Customization → Livery Editor → Open Design. If more than 100 car Liveries are transferred, new Liveries will be displayed as old ones are imported or deleted. Also, when importing you will need to change your current car to the target car;

What does this mean? Because it reads like you can transfer liveries but only keep 100 of them....
It's a bit confusing, but the way I understand it is you will need to own the car in GT7 before you can import a livery for it. Seems a bit weird. Fair enough you cant edit it without the car, but it should transfer across and sit there waiting for when you buy the appropriate car.

The creator also need the credits to buy the colors in the livery. Good thing is, players won’t need to wait months for a specific Color to appear.

It's a bit confusing, but the way I understand it is you will need to own the car in GT7 before you can import a livery for it. Seems a bit weird. Fair enough you cant edit it without the car, but it should transfer across and sit there waiting for when you buy the appropriate car.

Yes, but when I read the new page:

・Only Liveries created after December 22, 2017 at 4:30 a.m. (UTC) and that have been shared as "Open to All" at the time of the transfer will be carried over.
・All Decals will be transferred, whether it is shared as Open to All, Open to Friends, or not shared at all from My Library.
・Likes and Comments associated to this User Generated Content will not be carried over.
・Content that has been transferred will need to be re-shared in the settings for them to be visible to other players.
・Some Liveries and Decals content may not be transferable because they are not compatible with GT7's new specifications.
・Some transferred designs may not be replicated exactly because of the paintable areas of GT7 are differ from those of GT Sport.
・A maximum of 100 transferred Car Liveries will be displayed at a time in the GT Sport Liveries menu found under GT Auto → Car Customization → Livery Editor → Open Design. If more than 100 liveries are being transferred, additional liveries will be displayed once the displayed ones are imported or deleted. Also, when importing you will need to change your current car to the target car.
・It is possible to further edit Car Liveries once they are imported.
・Helmet/Suit Liveries will be saved in My Items after being imported.
・Decals set to be transferred will automatically be added to My Items.
・It is possible to verify the content ready to be transferred to GT7 from the menus below(*):
 ・Car Livery: GT Auto → Car Customization → Livery Editor → Open Design → All Cars
 ・Helmet/Suit Livery: GT Auto → Driving Gear → Helmet Livery/Racing Suit Livery → Open Design
 ・Decals: Set Showcase → My Library → My Items → Content Type to "Decals"

*1: If you have Livery data that contains paint applied to the Car Livery, you will need enough in-game credits at the time of import for the paint to be transferred.
*2: Wheels will not be carried over to Gran Turismo 7 with the Car Liveries. Only the paint color applied to the wheel will be transferred.

Sounds like everything is transferred, but only 100 are displayed?

*1: If you have Livery data that contains paint applied to the Car Livery, you will need enough in-game credits at the time of import for the paint to be transferred.

It seems that you will have to pay for the paints from the manufacturers (I assume that they will also be added when you buy a car with a certain paint) and that they will not be freely available in the editor.

If more than 100 liveries are being transferred, additional liveries will be displayed once the displayed ones are imported or deleted.
Maybe at a time?
Once imported they show different ones.

At least that's how i understand that.

Yes I think its that. What I was concerned mostly about was that it can read like you only being able to import 100 of them.

Last edited:

My concern with this is what about cars that have paint color from the HSV palette though? I assumed it affects liveries using those from Real Car Paint portion.

Also I wonder what would happen to Mileage Exchange "special" paints.

My concern with this is what about cars that have paint color from the HSV palette though? I assumed it affects liveries using those from Real Car Paint portion.

Also I wonder what would happen to Mileage Exchange "special" paints.
Yeah, if the paint came from anywhere on the list of selectable paints you'll have to pay for them (MiEX or manufacturer paint), anything that was just coloured using the HSV selector will just import. Hoping the paint chip cost is only like 5 Cr. or something!

____

This is the one that's worrying me...

・Some Liveries and Decals content may not be transferable because they are not compatible with GT7's new specifications.

... what new specifications?

Bad news for me. To be honest, I want to start at a D/E rating for the first time in the game and work the way to the level I am.
The question is, whether I am going to start as B/S instead of D/E, or can I see all the development of my rating in further GT7 Kudosprime data from GT Sport...

So I hope to have an option for starting at zero without data import.

Last edited:
🙌 Good news! A few years work saved. At least the few I’m satisfied with. Fingers crossed saved decals are transfered too, including their search string to liveries.

Last edited:
Bad news for me. To be honest, I want to start at a D/E rating for the first time in the game and work the way to the level I am.
The question is, whether I am going to start as B/S instead of D/E, or can I see all the development of my rating in further GT7 Kudosprime data from GT Sport...

I hope there's an option of not importing your Sport Mode Ratings.

For example if you erase all your data on GTS from your PS4, as soon as you enter the game, it asks you whether you'd like to have a new save file, or just rather downloading all your saved data from the cloud.

For example if you erase all your data on GTS from your PS4, as soon as you enter the game, it asks you whether you'd like to have a new save file, or just rather downloading all your saved data from the cloud.
Most likely it will give that option.. Anyway, sounds like great news!

Or I delete everything just before they start to import...

They don't need to "import" Sport Mode ratings though, that data is on their servers tied to your PSN ID. If they want to automatically carry them over deleting your saves or anything else locally won't do squat.

Last edited:

There is one. Tank your rating before February 15th.

It happens automatically two weeks before the game even launches. You don't start up GT7 and then import the data.

If you want to start from zero, tank your rating before February 15th.

Why people want to start from scrath? Driver Rating and Sportsmanship Rating aren't suppose to be something to grind.
It is just rating to help you have fair and competitive racing. I think this is great idea that it transfers from GT Sport, I don't want to fight against rammers again just to get to S sportsmanship.

Yeah, if the paint came from anywhere on the list of selectable paints you'll have to pay for them (MiEX or manufacturer paint), anything that was just coloured using the HSV selector will just import. Hoping the paint chip cost is only like 5 Cr. or something!

____

This is the one that's worrying me...

... what new specifications?
Widebodys most likely

It happens automatically two weeks before the game even launches. You don't start up GT7 and then import the data.

If you want to start from zero, tank your rating before February 15th.
Whoops, I mean, not importing, but rather having an option to whether you'd like to start from zero, or just simply start from a save file (The transferred data from GTS).

Last edited:
Back