Gran Turismo 7 Will Allow You to Import Liveries and Decals from GT Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Only Liveries created after December 22, 2017 at 4:30 a.m. (UTC) and that have been shared as "Open to All" at the time of the transfer will be carried over.
So, from what I understand, only liveries that I shared through the public will be carried over to GT7?

I have lots of private liveries as well; in fact a lot more than the ones I shared. Does that mean I won't use them in GT7?

Whoops, I mean, not importing, but rather having an option to whether you'd like to start from zero, or just simply start from a save file (The transferred data from GTS).
Again, the data transfers automatically* on February 15th, two weeks (and three days) before GT7 launches on March 4th.

Asking if you'd like to start from zero when you start GT7 up is at least 17 days too late in the process. Your choice is to tank your GT Sport rating to zero before February 15th or start GT7 with your real GTS ratings.

The date is interesting, as it suggests preview copies will be going out after this point - so reviewers can play multiplayer with their existing GTS ratings...

*Actually it doesn't. GT7 just takes the data from your online save profile. There's no transfer from a GTS save to a GT7 save.

Or I delete everything just before they start to import...
This is my plan! Maybe not everything, but certainly most of my liveries are about to get the chop!!

So, from what I understand, only liveries that I shared through the public will be carried over to GT7?

I have lots of private liveries as well; in fact a lot more than the ones I shared. Does that mean I won't use them in GT7?
Your liveries that are “open to all” will be transferred across, all other will be lost FOREVER!!

I don't understand why you would want your ratings to reset, ever. Was all that driving in Sport for naught? I'd be furious to find all that hard work gone.

If you want to start over just make a new account, it ain't that complicated. But why does the fact it's a new game have to mean it's different? It's still the same Sport Mode, still the same online racing, there's no difference, it's not new, so why start anew? I don't see the logic behind this thought process. It's not like career progress is carrying over, that's entirely different.

If they reset the ratings of all drivers, what are the esports pros supposed to say? There's no way they'd reset the ratings, and there's no sensible reason why.

I wanted to start fresh with the ratings on my main account. It should have been an option.
How come? just curious... Are you a reformed rammer perhaps? If you have a good driver rating surely this is a bonus?

I kinda like the idea that if you have a bad GT legacy you should earn back the good score as a redemption. Sweeping under the CARpet naughty driving means bad apples mixing with good, no thanks.

Last edited:
How come? just curious... Are you a reformed rammer perhaps? If you have a good driver rating surely this is a bonus?

I kinda like the idea that if you have a bad GT legacy you should earn back the good score as a redemption. Sweeping under the CARpet naughty driving means bad apples mixing with good, no thanks.
When I buy a game I like to start from scratch.

And no im not a rammer, I don’t even participate in sport mode that much anymore so I don’t care about maintaining my gts stats at all.

Last edited:
Asking if you'd like to start from zero when you start GT7 up is at least 17 days too late in the process. Your choice is to tank your GT Sport rating to zero before February 15th or start GT7 with your real GTS ratings.
I will choose to lower my ratings directly in GT7... driving like a maniac in online races will do. And I will make sure that it never climbs back to A+/S levels.

I don’t even participate in sport mode that much anymore so I don’t care about maintaining my gts stats at all.
Doesn't make sense, that you are annoyed about driver ratings in any way then... Space Harrier level 1 - Planet Moot

Doesn't make sense, that you are annoyed about driver ratings in any way then... Space Harrier level 1 - Planet Moot
Yea I worked crazy hard for that A/S rating… I know I could go up to an A+ rating but I don’t really play sports mode that much after racing in leagues on GTP… I would never want to start that process over took a lot of time and patience

Yea I worked crazy hard for that A/S rating… I know I could go up to an A+ rating but I don’t really play sports mode that much after racing in leagues on GTP… I would never want to start that process over took a lot of time and patience
Things like this are a good way of keeping the core fan base loyal, I can understand why it would irk a sub par driver its CARma (terrible puns today lol)

The bigger issue I have with ratings carrying over is that this is a huge sign that the DR/SR system has been virtually untouched. We’re probably going to have the same issues with dirty drivers ruining people’s races and then able to get back to 99SR to do it all again in no time, among other things. So yeah, this isn’t good news to me. I just hope the penalty system is actually improved, even just a little bit.

This should maybe be mentioned in the GTS forum too. Might scare some of the current players to keep it clean till transfer.

When I buy the newest call of duty I don’t expect my stats to be carried over, I like to start from a fresh slate. I feel the same about GT, idk how much more clear I can make it. You seem to think there is malice involved but there isn’t.

Either way I’m done debating about it.

Last edited:
So, if I'm reading this right... as I only have a few liveries shared and "Open to all", that means I now need to individually share all the liveries to all if I want to see them in GT7???

And do I have to share all of them before Feb 15th? I've got a busy few days ahead of me then!

When I buy the newest call of duty I don’t expect my stats to be carried over, I like to start from a fresh slate. I feel the same about GT, idk how much more clear I can make it. You seem to think there is malice involved but there isn’t.

Either way I’m done debating about it.
No just that's its purely arbitrary your position there is nothing for or against it.

Bad news for me. To be honest, I want to start at a D/E rating for the first time in the game and work the way to the level I am.
The question is, whether I am going to start as B/S instead of D/E, or can I see all the development of my rating in further GT7 Kudosprime data from GT Sport...

So I hope to have an option for starting at zero without data import.
Agree with you.

Absolutely wrong, it would be much better and fair to start from the same level. I really don't understand for what reason they want to do that. GT7 start on the wrong foot.

The bigger issue I have with ratings carrying over is that this is a huge sign that the DR/SR system has been virtually untouched. We’re probably going to have the same issues with dirty drivers ruining people’s races and then able to get back to 99SR to do it all again in no time, among other things. So yeah, this isn’t good news to me. I just hope the penalty system is actually improved, even just a little bit.
The DR/SR ladder and why/how penalties are applied during races are two distinct things. DR is based on a robust ELO system.

(…)your Sport Mode stats will transition to GT7, starting on February 15. That means that any accumulated Driver Rating and Sportsmanship Rating will move to the new title ready for the new season of online racing.

Crap. My rating is utterly crap because in the beginning when others took advantage of the flawed penalties by punting you so that YOU’RE the one who got penalized, in the end I got so scared of doing Sport mode races in fear of losing more rating.
I usually drive competitively the first few laps then I start getting nervous and drop back. :scared:
I wish I could crawl up to B/S where I think I belong. Not low C like now. :lol:

Why start migrating sport mode ratings as early as Feb 15? It's still weeks away
The game will be out in the wild with all those red promo discs going out to the press, before we get on it. They will want the media to see these quality of life functions working for review.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about grouping?

I'm terrible dealing with SVG files, and don't enjoy it in any way. I LOVE creating liveries, but the inability to group (and save!) seriously hamstrung me. Making a detailed decal, and then having to do the same thing on the opposite side was so tedious. I spent a lot or time on the livery editor on other games, but GT Sport was so difficult for me

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
After a long A/A Sport rating, and finally touch A/S, my Internet turned my connection badly in one race. Sudden lags made me crash into muliple players, and I had to quit the race. Result, A/S to B/B rating, and never touched Sport mod anymore.
Conclusion, I'm like a fresh GT7 player :lol:

I'm actually working to refresh and organize my new GT7 sticker library.

Question: I want to transfer some of my GTSport liveries, but not my stickers (refreshing them to GT7). So, can I delete transfered stickers in GT7 ?

Last edited:
Widebodys most likely
There's also issue of "deprecated" built-in decals (removed versions of Mazda and Toyota logos, old Nissan, Mitsubishi and likely Peugeot logos, Mazda 100th logo, and anything TAG Heuer related since they're not there in the livery editor dev diary video).

This is my plan! Maybe not everything, but certainly most of my liveries are about to get the chop!!

Your liveries that are “open to all” will be transferred across, all other will be lost FOREVER!!
I think this should be in the headline -

Share your GT Sport liveries now if you want them in GT7 !

Just went through and shared a dozen of mine that I hadn't previously bothered to; would have hated to lose them.

Last edited:
Back