Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
Why would that be a big deal when as demonstrated with the 2019 Audi R8 LMS EVO, you could be able to update it to the latest version?. The difference isn't that huge like it will be between the 2013 car and the 2018 (Because you know, its approaching ten years OLD at this point) That's the beauty of GT3 Evos: You don't have to buy a new car, you can simply purchase an upgrade kit to the latest version.
Why is it a huge deal that all the real Group 3 cars in the game are obsolete? Because the 2020 EVO has been racing for two years already, there's no reason to debut the four year old model it replaced. :lol:

Last edited:
Grand Valley returning is nice but I still think a proper new original circuit would be more exciting than returning ones, obviously in the case of Deep Forest and Trial Mountain they made some changes in the layout and they're completely new in terms of trackside detail but it's not as exciting as a fully new track. We know Apricot Hill is coming eventually to so at this point I wonder when GT7 will have at least a single proper original circuit.

Grand Valley is quite a simple track in terms of environment, and it was already updated in GT4 with sharper turns in the middle sector and extra run off. I imagine they'll make the final chicane a bit more like the Trial Mountain one and perhaps either tighten or Bank the second hairpin.
They will definitely add banking/extreme camber to one or more corners. They can't get enough of that lately. Probably the first hairpin, maybe the right hander through the tunnel.

Last edited:
We are nearly 8 months in and we've only gotten 1 track.

Track.

There is genuinely no way anyone can excuse this anymore and im sure someone's gonna try defending PD with the "Its free" excuse
ahem

Screenshot_20221019_191647_Chrome.jpg

😩

I believe the fourth car and 1 week sooner update will cost us the expected track.

Otherwise, 2 duplicate cars is better then 1 duplicate car, or better then 1 VGT or 2 VGT's. Even 1 duplicate car would still be better then 2 VGT's imo.
The only thing that will cost us a track, is Kaz choosing to click the enter button or not. We’re always in a state of whether we’ll get something or not. No matter what Kaz said about continuing content.
”Remember… there is no Sp.., err, Soon.”

Grand Valley returning is nice but I still think a proper new original circuit would be more exciting than returning ones, obviously in the case of Deep Forest and Trial Mountain they made some changes in the layout and they're completely new in terms of trackside detail but it's not as exciting as a fully new track. We know Apricot Hill is coming eventually to so at this point I wonder when GT7 will have at least a single proper original circuit.
I see your point and I raise you nostalgia which is why I want to see Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, Midfield, SSR 5, Tokyo R246 and so on to come back.

To me atleast, the newer original track such as Laggio, Blue Moon and Sardegna don't capture the essence of the classic ones but that's just because I'm an eternal nostalgic. I really need to stop living in the past :lol:

The NR-A have the top up as the base model and top down in race spec. I don’t think even the 2015 ND have a top up model. If that RF is indeed coming, won’t see it for a couple years.
6F3E9735-FF9F-453C-B4A5-703E14139B26.jpeg

Last edited:
It's impressive how PD is mismanaging all this "live service" idea. See, all the cars they add to the game are nice, don't get me wrong. Unfortunately, car culture is so vast that even adding 20 cars per update we would have to wait years to make different people feel satisfied. But no new tracks, again? This, the untouched bugs and glitches, the lobbies, BOP, inflation, the lack of (interesting) races, low payouts (tbf, we don't know that these will be addressed in this update, but my expectations are running lower every month)... Man that's asinine. They are making their time to shine into time of disappointment, every update.

Last edited:
I'd settle with 0 new cars being added if they got off their thumb and added more than 3 events per month - and put effort into utilising all of the tracks and cars that are currently ingame.

There's nothing for Bathurst, Gr.2, and one thing for Monza - with those three elements alone you can come up with a huge handful of races - endurances (Gr.2 events simulating real life Super GT events, and one for the Bathurst 1000), races at Monza using hypercars and the F1/SF cars that are completely unused, and so on.

Why is it a huge deal that all the real Group 3 cars in the game are obsolete? Because the 2020 EVO has been racing for two years already, there's no reason to debut the four year old model it replaced. :lol:

Again, the 2020 is literally just a upgrade to the 2018 model, just as the 2022 Audi R8 GT3 EVO II is just an upgrade to the 2019 car. Again, not seeing the big deal when that's literally how the real cars work.

Another realization about whether the 2018 GT-R GT3 counts as a duplicate would be how people see the 2019 R8 LMS Evo - "is it a duplicate to the 2015 R8 LMS or not?"

Again, the 2020 is literally just a upgrade to the 2018 model, just as the 2022 Audi R8 GT3 EVO II is just an upgrade to the 2019 car. Again, not seeing the big deal when that's literally how the real cars work.
Some one made a big deal about that a few weeks ago , they would rather have 22' cars even if they are downgrades of 18' or 19' cars...

Sony shouldn't be worrying about Microsoft getting CoD when they have a first rate series of their own that's being mismanaged under their noses.

I'd love to know the engagement this game gets now. I've played less than an hour (at a guess) in the last 2 months. They have totally killed it.

Glad the Merak is the SS model. I hope a Bora appears at some point. Than I can have dream race grid including them and Ferrari's 246 GT and 512BB, Lamborghini's Muira and Countach and De Tomaso's Mangusta and Pantera. A collection of 70's, Italian, mid-engined, exotica. Just to my liking. 😘

Nissans again, oh Lord, will PD one day bring a Porsche 911 GT3-R to the game? Or another GT3? It's getting boring already, apart from the lack of GTEs..
Nope, we're gonna get the Altima next month, then they gotta do the Rogue, then the Murano, then the Juke, then the Titan, and the Leaf. After that we need VGT versions of them, then Group B versions of them.
I thought 1.25 already dropped. My PS5 said it was dropping the 19th.
Oh, and they have to work in the ability to swap a Tesla battery and motors into the Leaf. Hello green Plaid mode...bring it on!!

Last edited:
Again, cars are always a good addition, and tracks are an even greater one, but more “big picture” quality of life updates in terms of: 1) MORE EVENTS, 2) a much more cohesive online foundation that satisfies the basic needs of all kinds of racers from the free run/chill types to the professional leagues, and 3) even seemingly minor things like a menu restructure or more seamless menu BGM would improve this game tremendously. The core experience of cars, tracks, graphics, and physics is well-rooted, yet their execution since Day 1 is what makes it so frustrating. I’m optimistic for a Spec II, but a sliver of communication/a basic roadmap should be expected at this point.

Last edited:
I don't know but it's seems to me PD cares more about Scapes than anything eelse. I don't think there has been one update with some new scapes. Maybe that's what most of their team works on.

It's actually genuinely impressive how badly this game is managed. Is there a team out there that could do it worse? The things they put out are often pretty great don't get me wrong but.. god, what are they doing to be reduced to this snail pace?

Do they send all 300 of them off to Whitby to take the photos so they can't get any work done?
What's especially impressive is that this is the same team that did post launch support for GTS.

What happened?

Do they just not have enough content/budget to support a mainline GT title for 2? 3? years before they pull the plug on the servers? It's only been half a year or so since release and the game already feels like it's on life support.

If GT simulated the Merak SS, it wouldn't last a single lap (around Northern Isle Speedway)

The fact GT is now relying on monthly updates to gain any attraction is absolutely shameful.

And no, it's something no new car, no new event or new scape could ever fix.

image-asset.jpeg

Last edited:
Back