Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
Interesting that the GT-R doesn't feature a licensed livery. I was expecting either the GT Sport sponsored RJN car, a Super Taikyu/GT300 entrant or even just the NISMO launch livery, but this "rushed" looking Shulze copy is weird.

Also looks like the paintable areas are gonna be a pain like the MY13 :/

Last edited:
I believe something like that happened before, they announced "something" to be shown on the event beforehand like once, but I can't remember any details.
Also, we used to get info about upcoming cars during those events from the participants, because they usually had the new not-yet-released version, but that was of course not official and wasn't suppose to happen.
It was Spa. Came nearly two updates after the race. As I remember.

snc
Maybe thats te reason, they want to increase number of people watching and new tracks is for many more exciting than esports reaults but to be honest Kie doesnt have any inside knowledge here and is just guessing.
Yeah but as I say unless they announce it beforehand people aren't going to just randomly tune in on the blind hope they show something. Even if they do pre-announce it I'd imagine most of the casual millions are still not going to be bothered, they'll still just get the news article after.

..and yeah, Kie is obviously just guessing despite him framing the start of the tweet as if he has actual info, but as I say, that's Youtubers for you.
I believe something like that happened before, they announced "something" to be shown on the event beforehand like once, but I can't remember any details.
Also, we used to get info about upcoming cars during those events from the participants, because they usually had the new not-yet-released version, but that was of course not official and wasn't suppose to happen.
Yes, the participants kept leaking the details. Another reason they probably stopped doing it.

The cars look better this time compared to previous updates but no new track? 😓 I bet we won’t be able to sell cars either and the new menu books they add is content that will be consumed in less than an hour or so. So basically still no proper campaign either and still many circuits barely touched in campaign. This game manages to disappoint month after month…

This is where their communication fails are highlighted once again. Just tell us, in some fashion, what your plans are with tracks. It's really not hard. A vague "We've got several tracks on the way, don't worry" would even be better than nothing if a detailed roadmap is too much.

This is where their communication fails are highlighted once again. Just tell us, in some fashion, what your plans are with tracks. It's really not hard. A vague "We've got several tracks on the way, don't worry" would even be better than nothing if a detailed roadmap is too much.
This is why Nenkai is our saving grace. I'd say PD should hire him as a community manager, but then they'd probably stop him leaking things...

Last edited:
Yeah but as I say unless they announce it beforehand people aren't going to just randomly tune in on the blind hope they show something. Even if they do pre-announce it I'd imagine most of the casual millions are still not going to be bothered, they'll still just get the news article after.

..and yeah, Kie is obviously just guessing despite him framing the start of the tweet as if he has actual info, but as I say, that's Youtubers for you.

Yes, the participants kept leaking the details. Another reason they probably stopped doing it.
Nope he didnt pretend he has any inside knowlede, all it takes is to read his posts, he was also waiting for new track.

Last edited:
snc
Nope he didnt pretend he has any inside knowlede, all it takes is to read his posts, he was also waiting for new track.
"So no new track revealed today and I’ll tell you why, because they will reveal Grand Valley at live GTWS final..." is the first half of the tweet, which reads as a factual answer. But no, he then clarifies it's just a guess.

I obviously don't know his intentions but it's a terrible way to write a tweet. Should have started out with "I'll bet", not at the end.

Last edited:
Do you know when the final takes place?
1666192282505.png

I even hate how PD prioritizes their duplicates. The NR-A Miata is a lightly tuned club-racing variant of the ND Miata. Yes, it is a real spec of the car, but the extent of the modifications offered can easily be recreated by players using GT7's tuning options.

Why then, would they choose the lightly tuned model that can easily be reproduced by the players over the full-on MX-5 Cup? The race car version that most likely is seen by fans as a more desireable option and one which would be very beneficial to both the GTWC and racing leagues playing the game?

So that's probably why we got 4 new cars. No track this time so a little something extra in a bonus car maybe. Oh well I'll take 4 cars anyway the Mazda and GT3 should be most fun. I do love me some very classic Japanese giants so the GTR is cool.

For those interested, this is a Merak (top), a Merak SS (middle), and a Merak 2000GT (bottom); I've circled in blue the major external physical difference between the three:

View attachment 1200822

Yep, the base Merak has a no grille between the headlights, while the SS and the low-output, 2.0 V6 version weirdly do. The 2000GT is distinguishable by the black styling line and lack of (although optional) front air dam.

Here's the tweaked silhouette:

View attachment 1200818

Now, I'm not saying it's not there, just that I can't see it if it is...
Seems like it's the Merak SS the one we are getting, the silhouette art hid the grille on the bonnet.

My predictions from the October predictions thread:
A lot more pain. Seriously:
  • Two Hagerty's cars and another VGT
  • A remaster of a classic GT fantasy track (probably dirt, to make getting the CRB that much harder) that disappoints just about everybody, with 3 races that pay the equivalent of, respectively, 600,000 Cr./hour, 700,000 Cr./hour and 800,000 Cr./hour...if one can get the strictly-enforced CRB
  • Two extra menu collections which require more than 7,000,000 Cr. spent on each, each requiring at least 2 Hagerty's cars (one of which in each collection that won't be available before Christmas), for an engine ticket and a parts ticket
  • Another Japanese scapes
  • A further nerf of PP adjustments - reducing power and adding weight no longer reduces PP
  • And no car selling
  • Watch the Merak end up in Hagerty's to make 2 Hagerty's cars. After all, the cheap Gordini and Camaro Z28 did. At least there isn't a VGT, but a second bespoke "racing" Miata and a previous-generation GT3 are nothing to write home about, even though they make 4 cars total.
  • So much for the track, though if Nenkai is right, Grand Canyon is still a possibility as somebody pointed out earlier. When that comes, it will have a strictly-enforced CRB just like the Catalunya rallycross circuit, where it is nigh impossible to attain.
  • Related, I doubt we get even 3 new events, much less new menu books. Whatever new events we get will be of the lower-paying variety (closer to the equivalent of 500,000-600,000 Cr. per hour with CRB rather than 800,000 Cr. per hour).
  • We'll see about the menu collections. Something tells me I nailed both the prices and the unavailability of the keystone cars.
  • I nailed yet another Japanese scapes. I'm surprised they went to the UK for the other one.
  • Instead of nerfing the PP adjustments, they're going to nerf the PP requirements. Something tells me the Sardegna, Sarthe and Spa grinders will become 730 PP, 630 PP and 730 PP events.
  • The bookies now have car selling coming tomorrow at 1,000,000-1...and that's optimistic.
Clubber Lang was right again - PAIN!

Last edited:
The beauty of original tracks is gone in GT7. Where are the tree tunnels or the technical layout in Deep Forest or Trial Mountain? I fear the same treatment for Grand Valley. At this point, I hope Poly will bring only real tracks. At least they can't "upgrade" the tracks.
I want more original and city circuits, many of the real circuits around the world are very boring and monotonous.

The beauty of original tracks is gone in GT7. Where are the tree tunnels or the technical layout in Deep Forest or Trial Mountain? I fear the same treatment for Grand Valley. At this point, I hope Poly will bring only real tracks. At least they can't "upgrade" the tracks.
Grand Valley is quite a simple track in terms of environment, and it was already updated in GT4 with sharper turns in the middle sector and extra run off. I imagine they'll make the final chicane a bit more like the Trial Mountain one and perhaps either tighten or Bank the second hairpin.

Back