Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
Absolute roaster.

1666271691604.png

I hoped for some new missions or some new world circuits events which are very good for myself, but I will play FIFA23 next time.

I saw one person mention this Kaz dude and his apology/promise declaration. I'll pick up on that. When was it......April? Regardless, it was months ago and it's turning into a LIE. If this dev is waiting for Christmas to drop the goods promised, well.......that's dumb too. We're not toddlers spending every minute of every day yearning for Christmas morning. I have been vocal before on here about the teases and the silhouette nonsense. They're absurd.....childish at best. But as we now move into November and STILL have no ability to sell cars or are anywhere close to an "original GT style" of game, this dudes promises have also become childish. In a time when transparency means everything, I think it's time for this company to come clean. JUST BE UP FRONT AND HONEST!!!!! And for the love of God, PLEASE explain to me how menu books replaced the career mode.

I saw one person mention this Kaz dude and his apology/promise declaration. I'll pick up on that. When was it......April? Regardless, it was months ago and it's turning into a LIE. If this dev is waiting for Christmas to drop the goods promised, well.......that's dumb too. We're not toddlers spending every minute of every day yearning for Christmas morning. I have been vocal before on here about the teases and the silhouette nonsense. They're absurd.....childish at best. But as we now move into November and STILL have no ability to sell cars or are anywhere close to an "original GT style" of game, this dudes promises have also become childish. In a time when transparency means everything, I think it's time for this company to come clean. JUST BE UP FRONT AND HONEST!!!!! And for the love of God, PLEASE explain to me how menu books replaced the career mode.
He still hasn't given one single interview since the game launched. That March blog post is his only communication with the players, other than the rubbish tweets.

I haven't evaluated the PP changes yet, but judging from @Arkseven's comment above, it's another round taking a beating from Clubber Lang (or if you want the real world, Mike Tyson at his prime).
The C7, stock with SS tires, had 599pp. Now it's at 605pp. The DB 11 completely stock is now at 603, the F-type is now 607... Honestly, no big deal.

For a couple of months, I've been enjoying Tokyo 600 with a lot "underpowered" cars using only RH tires. Before the update, I had my Evo V, R33/34, Supra and Z33 all between 597-599pp. Now they all are above 612pp.

It seems that weight and tires are impacting the pp more than before.

The biggest F is for the Porsche Cayman. Before the update, this car completely stock with SS tires had 584pp. Now is at 603pp. By far the biggest pp increase I've seen so far. :lol:

I think in english you guys probably see something like "take your ticket" when you complete a menu, right?

In portuguese, in the new Historic Masters menu, instead of translating "take your ticket", which figuratively means "ticket to a reward", like they did with every other menu, they translated to "passagem", which quite literally means "a ticket to travel/enter a bus", not a ticket to a especific reward. :lol:

It'll be a rooster next patch.
Expect it fixed in the new year eventually

The new Mazda rooster NR-A , behold
Here they come to snuff the rooster, aw yeah.
Yeah, here come the rooster, yeah.
You know he ain't gonna die.
No, no, no, you know he ain't gonna die.
The C7, stock with SS tires, had 599pp. Now it's at 605pp. The DB 11 completely stock is now at 603, the F-type is now 607... Honestly, no big deal.

For a couple of months, I've been enjoying Tokyo 600 with a lot "underpowered" cars using only RH tires. Before the update, I had my Evo V, R33/34, Supra and Z33 all between 597-599pp. Now they all are above 612pp.

The biggest F is for the Porsche Cayman. Before the update, this car completely stock with SS tires had 584pp. Now is at 603pp. By far the biggest pp increase I've seen so far. :lol:
My post-1.20 no-tuning go-tos for Tokyo, the 2013 Viper and 2006 Ford GT, both went back above 600 PP. Given the KTM X-BOW also went above 600 PP (I believe for the first time), I'd say you're right.

Last edited:
Here they come to snuff the rooster, aw yeah.
Yeah, here come the rooster, yeah.
You know he ain't gonna die.
No, no, no, you know he ain't gonna die.

My post-1.20 no-tuning go-tos for Tokyo, the 2013 Viper and 2006 Ford GT, both went back above 600 PP. Given the KTM X-BOW also went above 600 PP (I believe for the first time), I'd say you're right.
Bit of Alice in chains whilst racing round tskuba

I think in english you guys probably see something like "take your ticket" when you complete a menu, right?

In portuguese, in the new Historic Masters menu, instead of translating "take your ticket", which figuratively means "ticket to a reward", like they did with every other menu, they translated to "passagem", which quite literally means "a ticket to travel/enter a bus", not a ticket to a especific reward. :lol:
Got to love google translator

At the end of the day, the joke is on us. This company are just out of touch with reality and their fan base. I don't blame them for everything though. Playstation have a large role in this as well. I certainly think Playstation have a huge say when it comes down to the economy of this game. This wasn't meant to be a cross generational game but certainly has diverted some of the PD resources.

But still, PD and Kaz continue to dig their own grave. The drip fed content which takes longer to install then to complete. The cafe books that replace a career mode. The promised of selling cars. The buggy lobbies. A BOP system that just don't work.

I don't think GT7 will ever live up to its expectations, and personally I don't think PD will earn the trust and loyalty back of their fans.

Kunos, if you ever had a opportunity to take over a market. Make AC2 console friendly.

Changed the conditions for mechanical damage occurring from a collision or contact if 'Mechanical Damage' is set to ‘Light’ or Heavy’ in the Race Settings. As a result, cars are now less likely to sustain damage after hitting a track wall or other obstacles

Is this in single player mode and if so how do i set damege to light or heavy?I cant see it on any menus or have i misunderstood it.

Looks like nobody over here has tried yet to drive a few cars and check the new physics?
The stock Merak on stock tires drives like **** and sounds weak as hell, costs about 75k which is affordable. I haven't had the time to check on it's customization options though.

I also bought the Kenmeri Skyline, over 500k, but I haven't driven it yet as there's no historical events that would suit it...The cars at the historical event at Goodwood are just too slow.

I haven't looked at the others and probably won't.

I'm disappointed! Not because of this update, but because I haven't built a PC yet to play better racing games than GT7! I'm doing myself a disservice by waiting with bated breath every month expecting things to change, and I imagine you all are as well.

Last edited:
The stock Merak on stock tires drives like **** and sounds weak as hell.
Depends what you expect from car with 200HP. For me it drives fine (on SH tyres).

But my question is more general. I read only complaints, but imo PD delivered a huge improvement in driving physics here. Road cars as well as race cars on slicks feel a lot more realistic imo.

I'm disappointed! Not because of this update, but because I haven't built a PC yet to play better racing games than GT7! I'm doing myself a disservice by waiting with bated breath every month expecting things to change, and I imagine you all are as well.
I feel you, considering how much power Gran Turismo 7 will consume, dammit now I need to save for the new 4090’s 😭😭.

To be honest this update did something wonderful for me, it proved to me that I’m not crazy. You guys using steering setups are getting insane god times and yet no matter how fast I pushed myself on some tracks, it’s not good enough. Naffantait’s best lap time in sardegna is like 1:35 with a gr10, the best I have ever done on a controller without assists and pushing that car to the limit is 1:38.

I knew there was something wrong with this game that favors wheeled setups over controllers…

I feel you, considering how much power Gran Turismo 7 will consume, dammit now I need to save for the new 4090’s 😭😭.

To be honest this update did something wonderful for me, it proved to me that I’m not crazy. You guys using steering setups are getting insane god times and yet no matter how fast I pushed myself on some tracks, it’s not good enough. Naffantait’s best lap time in sardegna is like 1:35 with a gr10, the best I have ever done on a controller without assists and pushing that car to the limit is 1:38.

I knew there was something wrong with this game that favors wheeled setups over controllers…
I'm sorry to say it but this is just a skill issue. If GT7 does one thing right, its the balancing of wheel and controller. People have qualified for GTWS on controller alone. Even I've set top 100 times on controller, and am currently in the top 100 in the Corvette TT.

If you're 3 seconds off the pace its a driving problem, not a peripheral problem.

Me with my wheel lap times being 10-15 secs slower than my controller lap times:
1666279795295.png

Back