Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
And for sale today, we have the NR-A Roaster from Mazda.
Oh good! I was really needing a car that I could cook dinner in at 200 mph. Now can we have an RX-8 fryer, please? My friend will be driving, too, so he may as well help with the cooking!

You know those people that text and drive? I hate that. I even saw one person shaving while driving. Yeah, I almost hit him. I had to slam on the brakes a second later to avoid getting a track penalty. Good thing I wasn't driving anything over 600pp, that might have been dangerous. As it was, it caused me to spill the pot roast I was cooking.

Last edited:
This is rubbish, in so many ways, but when choosing a car from your garage for a PP limited event the car is rejected as over the limit BUT NOT UNTIL YOU SELECT IT AND TRY TO ENTER. This happens with every car, the PP update is not applied in your garage to all cars, just the one you select, when you enter the event with it. What utter bollocks🤬

Did EA change the TTK again...oh, sorry. I mean, did PD change the PP again? Man, more garage tinkering, another indication PD didn't deliver a polished (tested) game.

Topping it off with my 6*s, I get an engine duplicate and ceramic brakes (the second time in two updates).

Tiring and sad.

I hardly play anymore.

Did EA change the TTK again...oh, sorry. I mean, did PD change the PP again? Man, more garage tinkering, another indication PD didn't deliver a polished (tested) game.

Topping it off with my 6*s, I get an engine duplicate and ceramic brakes (the second time in two updates).

Tiring and sad.

I hardly play anymore.
I got ceramic brakes and another RX-7 engine too :banghead: Not sure if the PP calculations were changed yet again with this update, but some of my tunes feel a bit "off" even compared to yesterday. The PP didn't change though so maybe I'm just expecting a physics change since nearly every update seems to bring them.

I got ceramic brakes and another RX-7 engine too :banghead: Not sure if the PP calculations were changed yet again with this update, but some of my tunes feel a bit "off" even compared to yesterday. The PP didn't change though so maybe I'm just expecting a physics change since nearly every update seems to bring them.
I spun out horribly in my 13B Cappuccino just now. I don't know if it's because the tune gets messed up or the physics change. But the Corvette in Time Trial does handle better. It's just weird.

And pollute my garage with even more unsellable cars I wont use? Yeah nah.
TIFA I can't even ****ing discard cars from my garage if I have only one of it..
Maybe the GT community should start replying to Kaz using silhouettes? I mean if that and Japanese are the languages he uses lol.... 🤣😂
Good idea, but I don't want to get banned from twitter (again) for posting the silhouette of my
🍆

All my favorites stock cars for Tokyo 600 are now above 600pp.
Shouldn't the AI cars be pushing well over 600PP as well by now? I seem to remember someone checking that a 600PP NSX wouldn't reach the top speed of the front runner at this race, or am I misremembering?
So having checked a couple of videos, under World Circuits there are now 10 difference races on various Tokyo layouts.

Meanwhile...

1 race at Monza
1 race at Bathurst
2 races at Interlagos
Yeah, it's ridiculous, is it really so hard to throw in a couple of 700 or 800PP races?

Last edited by a moderator:
They fixed the weather at Le Mans but the weather on the new gr1 race at Fuji is a big pixel mess. The hard tyres last a bit longer now.

The cars look better this time compared to previous updates but no new track? 😓 I bet we won’t be able to sell cars either and the new menu books they add is content that will be consumed in less than an hour or so. So basically still no proper campaign either and still many circuits barely touched in campaign. This game manages to disappoint month after month…
My predictions were 100% correct 😂😎

I beg someone to explain this one to me. Nowhere can I see where you can change the livery on a rented car. Does this mean something else?

"- In Daily Races and Championships, it is now possible to select the Styles of an Event-Specified Car. Please note that while it is possible to open the Car Settings menu on Event-Specified Car with Styles, only the tyres can be changed"

I'm sorry to say it but this is just a skill issue. If GT7 does one thing right, its the balancing of wheel and controller. People have qualified for GTWS on controller alone. Even I've set top 100 times on controller, and am currently in the top 100 in the Corvette TT.

If you're 3 seconds off the pace it’s a driving problem, not a peripheral problem.
It’s not a driving problem, I have been legit driving this track non stop, more than 30-40 times than I can count, I know like the back of my hand, when it’s skill, I break records, another thing that’s off the menu is other vehicle settings, for example my suspension is not tuned but he is, with that said though as of right now I’m pushing the gr10 as fast as I can and my best time with update 1.25 at the moment is 1:42 but the good news is that I pit only once rather than twice with the weird tyre update.

Im grinding either way just to make money and not break records but I can low key brag with a controller because in the past I did gold the Vettel Challenge back in GT5 🫠🫠

PD: my games was legit
Broken last update were either one, two or three AI cars ran out of fuel and slowed everyone down on any endurance race I did, to be honest that slowed me down because I always had to slow down 5 cars piled up that usually caused a scene and I could never had the times I wanted. I’ll see what I can do this time.

2nd PD: the damage sensitivity went away 🤭🤭

Last edited:
It’s not a driving problem, I have been legit driving this track non stop, more than 30-40 times than I can count, I know like the back of my hand, when it’s skill, I break records, another thing that’s off the menu is other vehicle settings, for example my suspension is not tuned but he is, with that said though as of right now I’m pushing the gr10 as fast as I can and my best time with update 1.25 at the moment is 1:42 but the good news is that I pit only once rather than twice with the weird tyre update.

Im grinding either way just to make money and not break records but I can low key brag with a controller because in the past I did gold the Vettel Challenge back in GT5 🫠🫠

PD: my games was legit
Broken last update were the three AI cars ran out of fuel and slowed everyone down on any endurance race I did, to be honest that slowed me down because I always had to slow down 5 cars piled up that usually caused a scene and I could never had the times I wanted. I’ll see what I can do this time.

2nd PD: the damage sensitivity went away 🤭🤭
It doesn't matter how many times you do something if you do it wrong every time.

It doesn't matter how many times you do something if you do it wrong every time.
Mate, my game was broken last update, I was held back by PD otherwise I must had been a god doing the impossible lapping racers 7-8 times 🤣🤣
76904F75-84A3-422D-B480-44FB9A3294DA.jpeg

Last edited:
What an absolutely garbage update.

How the hell can PD still keep delivering these junk updates time and time again, after pretty much all of Social Media posting how crap the game is right now and that none of their updates are doing anything worth coming back for, nothing significant at all.

4 Cars, the GT-R Nismo of which is an updated GT3 car of an already existing car that is going to do nothing to the game because most Sport races with GT cars are BoP and the performance is basically the same as well, tiny difference. And to top it off, the Livery isn't even a licensed one IIRC.
The Mazda is pretty much what the already existing Roadster S can turn into after getting the GT Auto parts, and worse yet, it's actually not even that different in terms of stock performance to the Roadster S.
Only the Merak and the 2000GT-R are unique additions but even these two cars can hardly turn heads for 90% of the playerbase.

2 more stupid Extra Menus that make you collect cars without doing actual events, and if you already have them, it's a 30 second completion task and worse yet, again the prizes are roulette tickets instead of actual prizes like cars or credits. ... Got another duplicate engine from the engine 6* and another duplicated carbon shaft from the 6* parts ticket. So it basically gave me nothing at all.

Another easy and boring café menu alongside puny races that don't excite anyone at all or are rewarding to do. Oh, and Monza and Panorama still only have 1 race, while Tokyo, yet again, gets another one. Prize? 4* ticket... 30k... Bravo...

Might be recency bias because like 70% of the updates so far have been utter garbage. But this one might be the worst of them all. I really can't think of an update worse than this.

STILL CAN'T ****ING SELL CARS
STILL LACKING CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
STILL LACKING CREDIT GRIND EVENTS
STILL THE ROULETTE TICKET CRAP

Garbage... garbage... garbage... Pure unadulterated garbage.

Thank Santa Monica I'm going to at least enjoy the month of November... Definitely not by playing this utter garbage game, that's for sure. Can't believe there would come the day I would actually recommend people to absolutely trash talk a game from the Gran Turismo franchise.

Is there anyone here who is yet to review bomb with a 0 on metacritic? Please do so... And if you have friends, tell them to do it as well. Maybe once the overall User Score gets below 1.0, PD might actually notice how dire things are. Lets make this the worst User Score game in history, please.

Last edited:
Mate, my game was broken last update, I was held back by PD otherwise I must had been a god doing the impossible lapping racers 7-8 times 🤣🤣View attachment 1202234
I'm not saying you suck lol I'm just saying you're probably doing something wrong at Sardegna. If you've been having trouble with the same track it's a safe bet it's something about the way you are driving it.

You've proven there that you can be fast on controller so why would Sardegna be any different?

What an absolutely garbage update.

How the hell can PD still keep delivering these junk updates time and time again, after pretty much all of Social Media posting how crap the game is right now and that none of their updates are doing anything worth coming back for, nothing significant at all.

4 Cars, the GT-R Nismo of which is an updated GT3 car of an already existing car that is going to do nothing to the game because most Sport races with GT cars are BoP and the performance is basically the same as well, tiny difference. And to top it off, the Livery isn't even a licensed one IIRC.
The Mazda is pretty much what the already existing Roadster S can turn into after getting the GT Auto parts, and worse yet, it's actually not even that different in terms of stock performance to the Roadster S.
Only the Merak and the 2000GT-R are unique additions but even these two cars can hardly turn heads for 90% of the playerbase.

2 more stupid Extra Menus that make you collect cars without doing actual events, and if you already have them, it's a 30 second completion task and worse yet, again the prizes are roulette tickets instead of actual prizes like cars or credits. ... Got another duplicate engine from the engine 6* and another duplicated carbon shaft from the 6* parts ticket. So it basically gave me nothing at all.

Another easy and boring café menu alongside puny races that don't excite anyone at all or are rewarding to do. Oh, and Monza and Panorama still only have 1 race, while Tokyo, yet again, gets another one. Prize? 4* ticket... 30k... Bravo...

Might be recency bias because like 70% of the updates so far have been utter garbage. But this one might be the worst of them all. I really can't think of an update worse than this.

STILL CAN'T ****ING SELL CARS
STILL LACKING CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
STILL LACKING CREDIT GRIND EVENTS
STILL THE ROULETTE TICKET CRAP

Garbage... garbage... garbage... Pure unadulterated garbage.

Thank Santa Monica I'm going to at least enjoy the month of November... Definitely not by playing this utter garbage game, that's for sure. Can't believe there would come the day I would actually recommend people to absolutely trash talk a game from the Gran Turismo franchise.

Is there anyone here who is yet to review bomb with a 0 on metacritic? Please do so... And if you have friends, tell them to do it as well. Maybe once the overall User Score gets below 1.0, PD might actually notice how dire things are. Lets make this the worst User Score game in history, please.

Yup, seems like another round of ranting should happen. Or let the player base drop when GoW hits, maybe that will wake them up.

Changed the conditions for mechanical damage occurring from a collision or contact if 'Mechanical Damage' is set to ‘Light’ or Heavy’ in the Race Settings. As a result, cars are now less likely to sustain damage after hitting a track wall or other obstacles

Is this in single player mode and if so how do i set damege to light or heavy?I cant see it on any menus or have i misunderstood it.
Anybody any ideas where i should be looking for these settings?

Even the new swaps are a bit underwhelming, with only one fairly interesting swap combo (K20 Beat) and no new swappable engine platform added.

The game was review-bombed when it first came out. Even with PD acknowledging the blowback, nothing really changed since then. My wild, outlandish guess is that review-bombing now won't do anything either, except make the community look really bad.

Back