Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
Yes please either those two tracks, was just thinking about Midfield half an hour ago.
One would think so, yes. Midfield, Apricot Hill, and Autumn Ring were all modelled for GT6 around the same time as Bathurst, Willow Springs, Brands Hatch, Goodwood Hillclimb, Silverstone, Ascari, Matterhorn and Sierra, yet most of these tracks didn't make it to the PS4 (yet).

One obstacle to those recently remodeled original tracks coming back as-is might be the new idea of placing them in the real world, rather than "the land of PDI flag", though that didn't stop High Speed Ring and SSRX being plonked onto the globe with few and no scenery changes, respectively.

All that said, it's up to the studio whether they want to rerelease the tracks with new textures, track furniture and trees, or take the opportunity to completely rebuild them.

Kart Space could probably come back with few changes and look amazing with the current lighting engine, maybe add a smoke machine and some lasers, whereas Circuito de la Sierra has large low-poly sections that looked ugly in 2014, and every other track made since GT5P falls between those two in readiness to return.

One would think so, yes. Midfield, Apricot Hill, and Autumn Ring were all modelled for GT6 around the same time as Bathurst, Willow Springs, Brands Hatch, Goodwood Hillclimb, Silverstone, Ascari, Matterhorn and Sierra, yet most of these tracks didn't make it to the PS4 (yet).

One obstacle to those recently remodeled original tracks coming back as-is might be the new idea of placing them in the real world, rather than "the land of PDI flag", though that didn't stop High Speed Ring and SSRX being plonked onto the globe with few and no scenery changes, respectively.

All that said, it's up to the studio whether they want to rerelease the tracks with new textures, track furniture and trees, or take the opportunity to completely rebuild them.

Kart Space could probably come back with few changes and look amazing with the current lighting engine, maybe add a smoke machine and some lasers, whereas Circuito de la Sierra has large low-poly sections that looked ugly in 2014, and every other track made since GT5P falls between those two in readiness to return.
The best version of Suzuka is in ver 1.00 of GT sport. I vividly remember it having a **** frame rate and then an update downgrading the trees and textures but the game held a better framerate. Tracks like Bathurst look worst in GT7 ps5 compared to the Sport versions where Bathurst was one of the most detailed tracks. The three tracks that needed a significant upgrade were Suzuka / Brands hatch / Alsace, Alsace was unique in the fact it got a mid-game update in sport adding more detail but a few turns looked incomplete with a literal wall of trees, which was a wall with tree textures. GT7 fixed this and now it's a genuinely nice-looking track. Brands hatch also looks really bad on the last straight away before the final turn, again a wall of tree textures, they did improve the textures and grass on it for 7 . Suzuka had genuinely bad textures in sport, it got them upgraded for 7 but is still very lacking visually.

Tracks that need some landscaping redesigns but don't look graphically bad are Sardegna road / La Croix / dragon trail gardens.
those tracks look very, very, uninspired and generic. Sardegna has its areas that look okay but the track is an aesthetic nightmare with all it's vistas blocked off. LA Croix is also very uninspired when it COULD have some charm, repeat tree textures and lack of any notable landmarks besides its bridge/city / and mand-made structure towards the second half redeemed it but the first half is soulless forest. Dragoon trail gardens need more 3'd Trees and well.. actual gardens instead of the generic tree's

Last edited:
Still waiting to see if they update the Gazoo signage at Bathurst.
1666156432706.jpeg

Yeah, I'm out for the evening. I won the McLaren and one of the "new" cars in Hagerty, the cheapest one. I wanted to pick up a couple others before the update but it ain't happening. I'm glad to have gotten the McLaren, I ran that car almost exclusively in Scud Race.
I also finalized 600PP 1.24 tunes for three or four cars, all with the Tokyo 600 in mind.

The best version of Suzuka is in ver 1.00 of GT sport. I vividly remember it having a **** frame rate and then an update downgrading the trees and textures but the game held a better framerate. Tracks like Bathurst look worst in GT7 ps5 compared to the Sport versions where Bathurst was one of the most detailed tracks. The three tracks that needed a significant upgrade were Suzuka / Brands hatch / Alsace, Alsace was unique in the fact it got a mid-game update in sport adding more detail but a few turns looked incomplete with a literal wall of trees, which was a wall with tree textures. GT7 fixed this and now it's a genuinely nice-looking track. Brands hatch also looks really bad on the last straight away before the final turn, again a wall of tree textures, they did improve the textures and grass on it for 7 . Suzuka had genuinely bad textures in sport, it got them upgraded for 7 but is still very lacking visually.

Tracks that need some landscaping redesigns but don't look graphically bad are Sardegna road / La Croix / dragon trail gardens.
those tracks look very, very, uninspired and generic. Sardegna has its areas that look okay but the track is an aesthetic nightmare with all it's vistas blocked off. LA Croix is also very uninspired when it COULD have some charm, repeat tree textures and lack of any notable landmarks besides its bridge/city / and mand-made structure towards the second half redeemed it but the first half is soulless forest. Dragoon trail gardens need more 3'd Trees and well.. actual gardens instead of the generic tree's
Every track needs some next-gen touch, Trial Mountains has probably the best looking enviroment, they probably took more care before release, but it's just a shame that they removed the tunnel with the trees and the current tunnel is too sterile and tedious.

Every track needs some next-gen touch, Trial Mountains has probably the best looking enviroment, they probably took more care before release, but it's just a shame that they removed the tunnel with the trees and the current tunnel is too sterile and tedious.

GT7 is incredibly uneven and honestly needs so much work that I don’t think we’ll ever get an acceptable version of GT7.

The frame rate, the pop in, the LOD switches, low res textures and so on - everything is unacceptable imo.

I hope a current gen only GT8 will give us what we all expected out of this.

Last edited:
If we get a track I fully expect Apricot Hill, the layout for that was teased before the game released. I'd be very surprised to see anything else to be honest.

If we do get a new track, at least we will get some new events for it.

GT7 is incredibly uneven and honestly needs so much work that I don’t think we’ll ever get an acceptable version of GT7.

The frame rate, the pop in, the LOD switches, low res textures and so on - everything is unacceptable imo.

I hope a current gen only GT8 will give us what we all expected out of this.
I think a PS5 PRO version solves all those problems.

But every single game has them. Especially games that use InstaLOD as a solution..

Pop-in distance and LOD are all consistent... same distance. Low Res textures are something uncommon, I've seen them on La Sarthe and Nurb GP pit stops..

I think a PS5 PRO version solves all those problems.

But every single game has them. Especially games that use InstaLOD as a solution..

Pop-in distance and LOD are all consistent... same distance. Low Res textures are something uncommon, I've seen them on La Sarthe and Nurb GP pit stops..

GT7 will always be a PS4 game at its core. A PS5Pro won’t fix that.

It will probably be able to brute force a more steady frame rate, but that’s it.

GT7 is anything but consistent. Pop in and LOD vary greatly from track to track.

Last edited:
Back