Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 13

• Thread starter Famine
  • 423 comments
GT7 will never be fully playable offline in its lifetime because it is entirely constructed around a permanent online connection. Nothing short of a complete overhaul of the game's base functionality will reverse this, and it's just not going to happen; in fact I doubt it will ever be playable offline, because there'll be no impetus to do such extensive rewriting on it once the next game is out. I can't even see it happening for GT Sport.
The 'complete overhaul' wouldn't take more than a few weeks to code. It's a bad and deliberate choice by PD instead of having a checksum or that [online] players can't use their garage cars in multiplayer to stop cheating. Perhaps more of GT7 would be stored on the harddisk but even that would be a minor issue for people who ever only had GT series to play on any PS console.

You paid immediately, you should get everything immediately. I want all cars because I paid for them? :D It's a real racing simulator so I want to simulate all my paid cars.

It's not strange you just can't play racing games. It's about taking any car on any track and race or drive. Normal in any game I know. GT7 is the only game with 1.9 MC score. It's can't be coincidence!
This very bad thing can be easily solved with an editor or even simple choices made by the game designers. But alas, they want to keep the game almost as bad as it is. Instead of very funny and entertaining range of choices made entirely by the player!

I think it's a weird thing to expect from the 7th mainline entry in a franchise that has always made you put effort to unlock every car in the game but maybe that's just me.
Not true because most cars very available to buy from gameday 1 even if you didn't have the credits.

Back