Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 13

• Thread starter Famine
  • 423 comments
One more thing, many of you say that the Online thing was to avoid something that happened in GT5 and GT6, well at least those 2 games can continue to be played even when the servers are closed, which does NOT stop with this game

Well, if the game takes ~114gb space, and updating games on ps4 requires same amount of free space, then Gt7 “takes” ~224gb space, no?
Only temporarily during an update. So no, not really. Once the update is done you can use that second 114GB for anything else.

Because it's silly. I know GT gets knocked (rightfully so) for poor AI, but this is not a race of any sort. I like the money, but it's not in line with the rest of what the game is trying to do.
I agree it is silly but its also fun,which is what the game should be about.Its not like its some sort of high tech race simulator as long as you cant use the car in dailys or sport mode its fine with me.
I understand totally where you coming from,a race perspective,but this method gives people who maybe arent as good a driver as some a chance to farm credits and try out new cars,which is what the games about.Is it cheating?maybe but its just exploiting what is already there,which i would assume race teams have been doing since racing began.Gabriele Tarquini and the Alfa 155 in BTCC comes to mind.
Not wishing to get into an argument with you,just opinion and chat.👍

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.12 Now Available, Fixes Invitations Issue

The latest update for Gran Turismo 7, v1.12, is now available, weighing in at 312.5MB on PlayStation 5 and around 160MB on PlayStation 4...
I wish they'd fix liveries not saving into my file/folder so I can share them. I keep tweeting them for support but have never received any answers.

I wish they'd fix liveries not saving into my file/folder so I can share them.
Are you meaning this issue?

How big is the next update because I have only got the 400 GB PlayStation 4 gran trisomo 7 takes 224GB I have only left 180GB of storage left
I do believe that the update does housekeeping also by deleting the old data / old files...
My file size is not increasing by those amounts, I believe that the large file size is the package that his sent, and it patches what it is told to, then self deletes the "wrapping" and old useless data...
Please correct me if wrong...

P.S. I didn't know that person was banned for commercial infringement in the forum. My apologies

Last edited:
More like a typical response from a mindless consumer. You just have to Buy buy buy the next iteration of XYZ, right?

And as for Gt8 or Gt9. Is that going to be another $60 for yet another eventual paperweight?

Silly me for thinking that videogame devs should prioritize longevity and replayability in their software... I must be stuck in 90s or something or something.
So by that logic, why did you buy GT7 then? Shouldn't you still be on GT5?

More like a typical response from a mindless consumer. You just have to Buy buy buy the next iteration of XYZ, right?

And as for Gt8 or Gt9. Is that going to be another $60 for yet another eventual paperweight?

Silly me for thinking that videogame devs should prioritize longevity and replayability in their software... I must be stuck in 90s or something or something.
How long do I need to keep playing the same game to get enough value from it that I'm not a mindless consumer? I can assure you I've already got 70 plus hours. By the time the servers go offline I think it's fair to say it was a decent ROI.

I want them to bring back the data logger function, in GT4 the Best Lap Replay would also save the telemetry and you could upload 2 replays and directly compare acceleration/braking/top speed etc and it would also do a time gap analysis. It was really interesting to do time trials with different cars and be able to see which ones had the advantage in which parts of a course.

Because it's silly. I know GT gets knocked (rightfully so) for poor AI, but this is not a race of any sort. I like the money, but it's not in line with the rest of what the game is trying to do.
Ohh irony, its totally in line with what they game is trying to do.

Catch the rabbit, nothing more.

Seriously what the hell difference is there if you catch it 5th 2nds or early in the 1st lap with as overpowered glitched Tomahawk.

Silly is the inept game balancing and lack of content.

Has anyone had any experience using the "Save Data Recovery Request" form that they released alongside this update? I've been unable to play since 1.09, and I'm glad they've finally added something for us to report this issue directly, but after submitting my form while the update was downloading yesterday I've heard absolutely nothing. Not even an automatic email to tell me that they had received my request.

DD9B3C87-F849-46FE-B13F-B5835A0E3FB2.jpeg

Pike peak car

2B564DBC-807A-4AB8-96DC-9191B6AB05AE.jpeg

Pikes peak

Back