Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 13

• Thread starter Famine
  • 423 comments
Iam just saying that why would they put the pike peak car on if pike peak was not on there
Same reason they put snow tyres in GT Sport with no snow tracks.

Same reason they put these cars in GT6 with no Pikes Peak

Oh and no, this most certainly is not Pikes Peak.

Last edited:
Pike peak car
Is a car, not a track.

Do you think that the Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack car is in fact the Isle of Man circuit?

Pikes peak
So...

... you went into GT7, went to the Fishermans Ranch dirt circuit and drove on it with a Toyota 86 Gr.B, and somehow concluded that... this is Pikes Peak?

1649934401450.png

You do know that the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb course is:
  • Not a circuit but a point-to-point course
  • Paved, not dirt
  • 12.4 miles long, not 4 miles long
  • Climbs almost a mile up into the sky
  • In Colorado, not New Mexico
  • Real, not fictional
  • Not named Fishermans Ranch, or anything else other than "Pikes Peak"

I mean... I can only assume trolling at this point, because the alternative is horrifying.

Same reason they put snow tyres in GT Sport with no snow tracks.

Same reason they put these cars in GT6 with no Pikes Peak

Oh and no, this most certainly is not Pikes Peak.
Ok

Is a car, not a track.

Do you think that the Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack car is in fact the Isle of Man circuit?

So...

... you went into GT7, went to the Fishermans Ranch dirt circuit and drove on it with a Toyota 86 Gr.B, and somehow concluded that... this is Pikes Peak?

View attachment 1137630

You do know that the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb course is:
  • Not a circuit but a point-to-point course
  • Paved, not dirt
  • 12.4 miles long, not 4 miles long
  • Climbs almost a mile up into the sky
  • In Colorado, not New Mexico
  • Real, not fictional
  • Not named Fishermans Ranch, or anything else other than "Pikes Peak"

I mean... I can only assume trolling at this point, because the alternative is horrifying.
No I did not realise

You... didn't realise that when you went to a track called "Fishermans Ranch" it wasn't in fact a completely different track which not only doesn't look anything like it but has a different name?

How does this make any kind of sense?
Feels like he's trolling at this point.

You... didn't realise that when you went to a track called "Fishermans Ranch" it wasn't in fact a completely different track which not only doesn't look anything like it but has a different name?

How does this make any kind of sense?
You're omitting the part where all of this was despite being told by literally everyone that the track is not included.

Idk, I guess he referred "Pikes Peak" as the car which he was racing on Fisherman's Ranch, but what's so special about that?

Suzuka East & West ?
Apricot Hill
Autumn Ring
Indianapolis
Surface of the Moon ;)🤣
Who knows if all the tracks you mention will be coming. Time ago they talked about Suzuka and Apricot Hill, but I don't think so about the others.

It is curious that Pikes Peak is not in the last GT games, given that PD sponsored the competition and the Volkswagen car as well. I believe PD has the game license, but it don't put it in the game for logistical and objective reasons.

It must be a lot of work to digitize a point-to-point 12km hillclimb track just to do time attack. Furthermore, if Pikes were to be added, it would be imperative to add other hillclimb places, such as Falperra, which would also be labor intensive.

I prefer that PD spends its resources, budget and time, on real and important circuits, such as Indianapolis, Monaco, Imola, Silverstone, Estoril, in short, as it can be used for various purposes and competitions.

But, Hillclimb cars would be very interesting to add and there is no impediment to their additions. As it is a game, a virtual reality, I assume that there is no logical impediment for them to race with other cars, like the WRX Time Attack.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows, will be any DLCs for the game in the future ?

It is curious that Pikes Peak is not in the last GT games, given that PD sponsored the competition and the Volkswagen car as well. I believe PD has the game license, but it don't put it in the game for logistical and objective reasons.

It must be a lot of work to digitize a point-to-point 12km hillclimb track just to do time attack. Furthermore, if Pikes were to be added, it would be imperative to add other hillclimb places, such as Falperra, which would also be labor intensive.

I prefer that PD spends its resources, budget and time, on real and important circuits, such as Indianapolis, Monaco, Imola, Silverstone, Estoril, in short, as it can be used for various purposes and competitions.

But, Hillclimb cars would be very interesting to add and there is no impediment to their additions. As it is a game, a virtual reality, I assume that there is no logical impediment for them to race with other cars, like the WRX Time Attack.
Honestly, I'd rather take something new to GT like Targa Florio than Pikes Peak. Or, why not bring both?

Great, another hour of waiting to let the PS4 finish the copying proces...
Not so bad on PS5. I've just updated a couple of games on my steam library. They are on the internal SSD of my PC. They both took ages to "patch" after they'd finished downloading.

GT7 players to the right, GTS players to the left 😔

Everything not Sport mode or lobbies is quite good now. But lobbies need fixing, bop too, default setups for certain gr3 and gr4 cars, more strategies etc.

Heard a good idea from Kie today. Dynamic pit stops. 10 sec pit stop for a 20 min race, 15 for 30 min race etc. 🤔 Would add more fun to it.

Also a bit less of these either no pit stop races or just fuel saving races. Strategies are a part of racing and spices things up 🤝

I feel like crossplay issues and framerate issues hinder some of the action in online game modes, due to better graphics than in GTS, and PS4 vs. PS5 performance etc.

Also like say that 30 min driving mission race at High Speed Ring or 24 min race Le Mans in missions. Man those would be awesome against other players 👀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-123314~2.png
    Screenshot_20220418-123314~2.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Next Update Arrives April 13

The next game update for Gran Turismo 7 will be available this coming Wednesday, April 13, according to an announcement on the game’s official website...
Singapore F1 track

Audi R8 v10 Road car
Ferrari 250 lm
Ferrari 512s race car
Ferrari F40 lm race car (grp 3)
Jaguar XJ220lm race car
Lister Storm GT1 race car (grp 3)
Lotus Esprit V8 GT1 race car (grp 3)
Venturi 600 lm-s GT1 race car (Grp 3)
Mclaren 570s gt4 (grp 4)
Mclaren 720s gt3 (grp 3)
Porsche 918 Road car
Porsche 911 Gt1 Race car
Toyota minolta group C race car (grp 1)
Lancia LC2 group C race car (grp 1)

Put cars in their proper categories instead of this ludicrous grp1 grp2 etc....I should not be racing a porsche 956 against a f@cking concept car!

You heard it here first.

Last edited:
Singapore F1 track
Audi R8 v10 Road car
Ferrari 250 lm
Ferrari F40 lm race car (grp 3)
Lister Storm Gt1 race car (grp 3)
Lotus Esprit V8 Gt1 race car (grp 3)
Mclaren 570s gt4 (grp 4)
Mclaren 720s gt3 (grp 3)
Porsche 918 Road car
Porsche 911 Gt1 Race car