Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 25

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,026 comments
If they do squash the Tomahawk, they need to give us a variety of races to use to make money that aren't too hard. And they need to ease the challenge of Tokyo. I can't win with any car. I might with the Red Bull Jr, but the Performance Points break down at around the 214hp mark so tuning the thing to be remotely competitive is near impossible. Plus it gets thrown around with the slightest touch of car or wall, ugh. If it wasn't so damned hard to tune a car to race in the thing, it would actually be a pretty fun event. But as it stands now, I hate the piece of poo.

This sounds bad... It really sounds like they are about to lower a bunch of pp requirements and make our higher end cars even more useless than they already are. I have this feeling like we're about to see 1.07: Reloaded

If they do squash the Tomahawk, they need to give us a variety of races to use to make money that aren't too hard. And they need to ease the challenge of Tokyo. I can't win with any car. I might with the Red Bull Jr, but the Performance Points break down at around the 214hp mark so tuning the thing to be remotely competitive is near impossible. Plus it gets thrown around with the slightest touch of car or wall, ugh. If it wasn't so damned hard to tune a car to race in the thing, it would actually be a pretty fun event. But as it stands now, I hate the piece of poo.
That's very true. The way that the AI cheats in this game with having crazy power/acceleration make tracks without a lot of technical corners very difficult. AI is very clearly cheating on the straightaways, so only way to catch up to them is in the corners where they are really slow. But if you got a track like Tokyo Highway where there aren't many corners for you to catch up, you're kind of screwed. And then you can't even counter that with tuning your car to have more power because more hp = more gas used = having to pit more than the AI = guaranteed loss. The accelerated gas usage in these events basically gets rid of the only way to deal with the cheating AI

Junk game.

My PS4 is going on Ebay.

Disgusted.
oh-no-top-gear-gif.1141104

Junk game.

My PS4 is going on Ebay.

Disgusted.
Odd reaction to a game update announcement.
And what about promised car selling option?
The one slated as "near-term" but after the "end of April" updates? That one?
Beyond this there will be a few additional Updates deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts, as well as implementing some other fixes.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term Updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com:

・Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service;
 ・Addition of more World Circuits events;
 ・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;
 ・Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings;
 ・Being able to sell cars.

Last edited:
It really sounds like they are about to lower a bunch of pp requirements and make our higher end cars even more useless than they already are.
I'd expect PD to provide events where they can be used, eventually. There is nothing for the Gr2 and X cars just yet. Maybe in this update it will change.

I think they're going to fix the tomahawk glitch. I was grinding alot before the last update, but they didn't fix it. Its certainly going to be fixed this time. I would like some new cars maybe one or 2 returning cars, fingers crossed for the minolta Toyota 88cv.

I will never say no to free content, but I really wish they would fix what we already have. I’ve been having a ton of fun in the multiplayer lobbies but damn it is annoying that you’re lucky to launch a race with 10 people, finish it, and get back to the lobby for the next race. At least we can kick people now! Hopeful for some meaningful bug fixes there and finally being able to change race settings in the lobby. 🤞🏼

I expected them to eliminate the Dodge Tomahawk X from Tokyo last week, very strange that they decided to wait. Probably instead of the PP the race will require a specific group of cars. No problem guys, we will find other targets to put money in the safe.

I think they're going to fix the tomahawk glitch. I was grinding alot before the last update, but they didn't fix it. Its certainly going to be fixed this time. I would like some new cars maybe one or 2 returning cars, fingers crossed for the minolta Toyota 88cv.
It's funny how PD made people hyped for that car by randomly giving it the highest PP of the "normal" race cars in a game, when in reality it competed in 2 races where it didn't finish one and came in last in the other and didn't show any outstanding performance in both.

Last edited:
The Tokyo race is not that difficult.

It makes no sense to nerf PP in that race, though. It's a WTC 600. Six hundred. I can enter with a 550PP car if I want, but it's gonna be gimped.

To nerf the Tomahawk without fixing the PP system they need to add a power restriction, in fact would be very effective as cars in the 400 bhp range are very competitive.

I'm all for more events to use the lower cars, though. 550PP has a few, but none that pay as much as the new endurance events, except for the Mission Challenge race, which is a one-time payout.

It's funny how PD made people hyped for that car by randomly giving it the highest PP of the "normal" race cars in a game, when in reality it competed in 2 races where it didn't finish one and came in last in the other and didn't show any outstanding performance in both.
People still think the 787B was some all-conquering beast that was banned because rotary engines are superior. In fact it was slow, won Le Mans only because miraculously the rotary engine didn't break that day (while the others did!), and its ban was collateral for enforcing naturally aspirated 3.5L engines.

The 787B itself is a cool car, though. It looks good and, if anything, it's the pinnacle of rotary. That itself gives it some value.

Last edited:
Back