Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
I feel like every time a new update is released, we all flock to gtplanet for solace.

It's like our own once a month therapy session. :lol::(:banghead::crazy:
We all hope PD or Kaz does the same to see our reactions but no dice, we probably need to be in local overseas forums to see what happens

That would be me, in this very angry and bitterly disappointed post buried among many other things.

If you want a more absurd example though, Clubman Cup+ at Tsukuba has a 450PP cap. There's a 4 Rotor RX-7 in there. A stock RX-8 comes in at 489.57PP.
550 PP, no? I’ve been driving it for the past few days - seems after the update, AI cars are quite a bit slower. Previously, it was a close battle to the finish, or at least they weren’t far behind - 2 seconds or so - now it’s 12-15, with the same car.

550 PP, no? I’ve been driving it for the past few days - seems after the update, AI cars are quite a bit slower. Previously, it was a close battle to the finish, or at least they weren’t far behind - 2 seconds or so - now it’s 12-15, with the same car.
Ahh, you're right, I just checked, Clubman Cup+ is 550PP, my bad. Will edit my post.

I like the Merak; it's a perfectly odd and left field choice that is so befitting of the game. Only PD would bother modelling something soo obscure in such high quality. It proves that the developers are real car enthusiasts with an eye for the unusual. It's also pretty fun to drive when you don't have to worry about break downs or lost horsepower...

Last edited:
How cruel is this? Date of the update was the anniversary of the AZ-1.

On October 20, 1992, Mazda launched the Autozam AZ-1.
It was a car that featured a unique exterior with gull wing doors.

161 AZ-1 owners gathered at the Mazda headquarters this year, the 30th anniversary of its release.
Details of the day are introduced on the official blog.
Please take a look at the reply

True. I also feel like it wouldn't matter what PD released in the monthly update, there would always be people moaning about what they want and how the game is a fail.
game is a fail.
Or maybe, hear me out...

not ?

We live in a world where critical thinking is dying. And the gamer community is a pretty good example.

Take Overwatch 2, it's not a new game. Just an update from the previous one. Yet some ppl are hyped about something that's basically the same...

You're the perfect example of what's wrong with gaming industry.

We're not complaining because lil mermaid is poc, or Elves/dwarfs are black or that games are too woke.

We're complaining about a game that could be the best GT ever if they actually cared.

They don't and we can all notice it.

Or maybe, hear me out...

not ?

We live in a world where critical thinking is dying. And the gamer community is a pretty good example.

Take Overwatch 2, it's not a new game. Just an update from the previous one. Yet some ppl are hyped about something that's basically the same...

You're the perfect example of what's wrong with gaming industry.

We're not complaining because lil mermaid is poc, or Elves/dwarfs are black or that games are too woke.

We're complaining about a game that could be the best GT ever if they actually cared.

They don't and we can all notice it.
Hold the line caller, we got a bit of condescension here...

You presume to call me the "perfect example of what's wrong in the gaming industry" which is a ridiculous thing to say.

I can guarantee you that I've put in more hours in GT7 than most people on this forum! I've put in over 350 hours into this game and logged over 180 days since it's release. I was hyped for this game since it was first announced nearly 2 years ago and still get excited for each update regardless of what people say about the minor updates - they're free, I like cars and scapes etc and always hope for the best even though realistically, it's the same old, same old.

I'm perfectly aware of the issues with this game and previous installments. You presume that I am some sheep that happily accepts this game for what it is and don't want things to improve. This is simply not the case. PD should be pushing the boundaries of racing simulation not pandering to the microtransaction gods and focusing on being online driven instead of going back to the intrinsic roots that made the series so iconic in the first place.

My point was that people will moan regardless because PD have failed countless times to address players concerns, criticisms, wants, issues with the game etc. Some of the criticism is warranted and other times it isn't. For the record, I like GT7 and have always wanted this game and the series to be the best ever - this has been the case since I was a little boy playing GT1 on PS1!

We have the answer now: FFB is now broken again.

In the last two patches, it was clearly better.

Proof again that PD has absolutely no quality control.

What an utter joke.

Back to fifa 23 for me. I know ea have plenty of haters, but pretty much drowning in daily content, can't keep up tbh, unless i want to turn it into a 2nd job. Shame PD arent producing anything remotely close to the same amount of new content.

For my roulette awards, I got my third silvia engine, a racing muffler for a car I already have one for, and 5000 credits.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Seems like you got lucky to get 5000 credits! You could have gotten a Brand central invitational for a brand you don‘t need anymore.

I also feel like it wouldn't matter what PD released in the monthly update, there would always be people moaning about what they want and how the game is a fail.
I'm glad you said that. Because I dont think so, yet the mood here strongly suggests that.

Still, I think people have a very clear idea of what is missing in the game:

Sell cars. Bop. Penalties. Lobbies. Single player campaign. Many cars. Some tracks. Bugfixing like ffb and races not starting.

Additionaly, these are things that have been part of GranTurismo for decades! These are not expectations raised by other games or mere fantasy, like it was with No Mans Sky or Destiny. No, the things gt7 is lacking have been introduced by GT1-3 themselves. I can remember playing GT5 for years, having a very satisfying experience. Now, plug GT Sport as it was into it, and we are done.

GT Sport offered fine online racing functionalities. Chat, race starts, everything just worked. It wasnt perfect, but it was absolutely fine. They release GT7 and its a clear downgrade in online racing functionalities. And that is very weird. Why is the chat so bad, when it was good in Sport?

Why do we have so few cars and tracks, when old GT Iterations had way more of that? Assetto Corsa is an old game by now, but their BOP was perfect from day one. INCLUDING custom race setups, of course.

If PD worked on that clear list of problems this game has, people would celebrate.

That would be me, in this very angry and bitterly disappointed post buried among many other things.

Edit: I made a mistake with my previous claim, taking it back.
I think you were bang on about the ai and their`600pp`limit on Tokyo though.Like you said,an NSX is almost at the limit before SS tyres are added,i maxed an RX7 with SS tyres and still couldnt keep up with the RX7 ai,unfortunately its something we will never know.It would be good if the ai tunes were available to see,but i suppose its not like that in motorsport.

True. I also feel like it wouldn't matter what PD released in the monthly update, there would always be people moaning about what they want and how the game is a fail.
Not really. Whilst everyone personally has their own specific issues with the game the major issues are pretty universal and if many of those were fixed in an update I've no doubt that the overall reception would be positive.

Case in point, reception to GTS wasn't particularly hot but most of the updates went down well because they fixed some of the big issues with the game and added plenty of desired cars and circuits.

GT7 updates are just objectively poor most of the time. There is little for anyone to get excited about, unless you happen to really like one of the 3/4 cars.

On the other hand, if the next update was:

• 12 cars (3 new road cars, 3 classic road cars, 3 modern race cars, 3 classic race cars)
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Eight other tracks have added weather and day/night cycle
  • 2P Splitscreen bug fixed
  • 32 new races added across 6 series, 12 of which pay at the highest current rate.
  • Standing Start added as an option for all races.
  • Engine swaps can now be bought for between 100,000 and 500,000cr from the Extreme Tuning Tab.
  • Additional online time trials - daily, weekly, monthly. Each with a prize.
  • Additional online sport races - daily, every three days, and the original three weekly.
  • Payouts for Sport Races has increased by 300%.
  • Payouts for Custom Races has increased by 300%.
  • Car selling has been implemented. Prices based on LCD/UCD values, so cars can be potentially sold for a profit.

That's not some wild fantasy either, it's well within the realms of possibility based on their size and past game updates. They just choose not to do most of it.

That would go down overwhelmingly positively. Sure, you'd still have the odd complaint they didn't add some specific car or that they don't like some changes to the track or whatever, but it wouldn't be overwhelmingly negative like now.

Not really. Whilst everyone personally has their own specific issues with the game the major issues are pretty universal and if many of those were fixed in an update I've no doubt that the overall reception would be positive.

Case in point, reception to GTS wasn't particularly hot but most of the updates went down well because they fixed some of the big issues with the game and added plenty of desired cars and circuits.

GT7 updates are just objectively poor most of the time. There is little for anyone to get excited about, unless you happen to really like one of the 3/4 cars.

• 12 cars (3 new road cars, 3 classic road cars, 3 modern race cars, 3 classic race cars)
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • 32 new races added across 6 series, 12 of which pay at the highest current rate.
  • Engine swaps can now be bought for between 100,000 and 500,000cr from the Extreme Tuning Tab.
  • Additional online sport races - daily, every three days, and the original three weekly.
  • Car selling has been implemented. Prices based on LCD/UCD values, so cars can be potentially sold for a profit.

That's not some wild fantasy either, it's well within the realms of possibility based on their size and past game updates. They just choose not to do most of it.

That would go down overwhelmingly positively. Sure, you'd still have the odd complaint they didn't add some specific car or that they don't like some changes to the track or whatever, but it wouldn't be overwhelmingly negative like now.
This would be enough for a month until the next patch. And not like now for an hour of driving.

Last edited:
Sure, there will always be people complining why x car was included instead of y or z. You'll never get away from that. But they could be doing muchmuch better with updates than they are.

For me it's not even the number of cars releasing hat's the problem, it's the lack of anything else of note being included. The menu book concept was a novel idea, but it's poorly implemented and shouldn't have represented the main career over the freedom and volume of races that previous GT's provided. Even post GT League GT Sport got it better and that wasn't a single player focused game.

It's the lack of meaningful single player content that is killing it for me. 6 months ago PD promised more endurance races, selling cars an more and they asked for patience, well 6 months on and nothing much has happened. The single player is getting a huge 30-40 minutes of new events per month. It does not take a month to create a handfull of new races. There is no reason the world Circuits mode couldn't have 30 new races added per month.

What GT7 needs most, is new tracks as there were only 2 at launch that weren't also in GT Sport and more events and championships. Extra cars is nice, but they need to actually make use of them.

• Grand Valley Speedway

I like your optimism and appreciate your genuine desire to have a fit-for-purpose GT game that we can all thoroughly enjoy.

But let's be honest for a second, GT7 has been out for nearly 9 months and some fundamentally basic aspects are broken with still no ability to sell cars even though it's advertised on the PSN as having this capability.

Some of your suggestions are excellent and should've been implemented right from the start so why would PD do so now? I may be wrong but it doesn't seem like their player base is diminishing, online community is still very active and no matter how many messages Kaz and PD must receive, they turn a blind eye and opt for the typical 3 car update with 1-2 hours of content max.

The only way PD would actually listen to their player base is if the majority of it went on hiatus from the series then they might just come to their senses and realise they have to listen to their fans.

I like your optimism and appreciate your genuine desire to have a fit-for-purpose GT game that we can all thoroughly enjoy.

But let's be honest for a second, GT7 has been out for nearly 9 months and some fundamentally basic aspects are broken with still no ability to sell cars even though it's advertised on the PSN as having this capability.

Some of your suggestions are excellent and should've been implemented right from the start so why would PD do so now? I may be wrong but it doesn't seem like their player base is diminishing, online community is still very active and no matter how many messages Kaz and PD must receive, they turn a blind eye and opt for the typical 3 car update with 1-2 hours of content max.

The only way PD would actually listen to their player base is if the majority of it went on hiatus from the series then they might just come to their senses and realise they have to listen to their fans.
You seem to have misunderstood, I'm not suggesting they're going to do an update like that. Very tiny chance.

I was simply hypothesising an update that they could do and would make most people happy, contrary to your thought that no matter what they do people would still moan and call the game a fail. On the contrary, the reason people moan and call it a fail is precisely because they don't do updates like that.

If Kaz kept up with the Suzuki streak, the real crime would be them adding a Suzuki Cara. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If it were ye ol PD… wait,… still are.

Well, I feel convinced all the cars modelling are done. Just by the datamine list. No matter if the cars are just left in names. Those cars could actually all be done. The cars that are not on the list we must feel were done. Case of the ND NR-A. Branded as a ‘22 model.

Look at the GR86. It’s branded as the official RZ model, that didn’t have a trim level in GT Sport. I have no quotes. No links. No computer intel. Whether PD were or are waiting for licensing approval, Kaz just has to press the button to release all the cars.

You seem to have misunderstood, I'm not suggesting they're going to do an update like that. Very tiny chance.

I was simply hypothesising an update that they could do and would make most people happy, contrary to your thought that no matter what they do people would still moan and call the game a fail. On the contrary, the reason people moan and call it a fail is precisely because they don't do updates like that.
I understood you well. Everyone knows PD has the capability to update the game with a stellar update but as you said, they refuse to do so. On the slimmest of chances that they were to bring out a great update like that, I think many people would be wondering why it took them so long lol.

For all we know the game was genuinely half finished and Sony applied the pressure to release and now due to the construct of the game, developing things for it is a labored and difficult process, thereby things that would have taken a month or 2 to do are taking 6+ months to do.

We don't know what the situation with the game was or is, people saying the game is dead and PD have given up and moved on are as deluded as the people expecting spec 2.0 to launch next month.

I have every confidence that this game will develop to something very good and very competent, it will take time because that's just how PD roll. GT8 won't be a figment if anyone's thoughts for at least another 2 years and even then I'd be surprised if we heard or saw anything to do with that before 2026, GT7 is a huge platform to launch from and push on ams frankly with how GT7 has been so far, GT8 isn't exactly going to be hotly anticipated. The game came out too soon, Sony needed a big Q1/Q2 launch to follow Horizon Forbidden West and GT7 was pushed to be that game. When it hit it wasn't ready and the fixes and stuff that needed to happen took precedent over content, due to it being server led and online only it makes thay more difficult without breaking everything (as has happened a few times).

It'll come good, patience is needed. Wild speculation of only 15 people working on it (complete and utter rubbish by the way), the game being dead, no one caring, isn't helping anyone other than fuelling false accusations, flaming and general misunderstanding and wrongful interpretation. Gran Turismo is the ultimate passion project of PD, it's their only IP, its been Kaz' baby since the early 90s or even before, they absolutely care, and there is absolutely more than 15 people working on it.

I'm glad you said that. Because I dont think so, yet the mood here strongly suggests that.

Still, I think people have a very clear idea of what is missing in the game:

Sell cars. Bop. Penalties. Lobbies. Single player campaign. Many cars. Some tracks. Bugfixing like ffb and races not starting.

Additionaly, these are things that have been part of GranTurismo for decades! These are not expectations raised by other games or mere fantasy, like it was with No Mans Sky or Destiny. No, the things gt7 is lacking have been introduced by GT1-3 themselves. I can remember playing GT5 for years, having a very satisfying experience. Now, plug GT Sport as it was into it, and we are done.

GT Sport offered fine online racing functionalities. Chat, race starts, everything just worked. It wasnt perfect, but it was absolutely fine. They release GT7 and its a clear downgrade in online racing functionalities. And that is very weird. Why is the chat so bad, when it was good in Sport?

Why do we have so few cars and tracks, when old GT Iterations had way more of that? Assetto Corsa is an old game by now, but their BOP was perfect from day one. INCLUDING custom race setups, of course.

If PD worked on that clear list of problems this game has, people would celebrate.
It was a much quicker process modelling cars in the past. GT5 only had 243 "Premium" cars with GT6 almost doubling that by the end of it's life; the rest were ported from GT4. GT7 isn't far off from GT6's car count. Assuming the statement that every returning car from the GT5/6 days was redone from scratch for GTS and GT7 is honest, they're not really any slower than they were in the past.

PD has a lot to be criticized for but let's keep it fair at least.

Last edited:
let's keep it fair
Yes, I fully agree. But porting older cars has not been done, also. It was done before, players accepted it, now they didnt.

Sony applied the pressure to release
How do you know? Do you have any proof, source? At the same time God of War has been postponed, for refining and quality improvements. Thats proof enough: Sony doesnt put up any pressure when the product is only half done.

there is absolutely more than 15 people working on it
Since youre calling people that have different views that you "deluded", I am sure you have an official source for the PD headcount working on GT7? Otherwise you would be as deluded as us mortals.

Yes, GT7 would be a perfect platform to launch from. Asking for patience, half a year after release, thats .. interesting. Its not like this game has JUST been released and PD had no chance of improving anything since release.

No.

We do have seen what PD patches look like. We have seen six months of "support" by PD. And now fanboys are asking for patience?

Lets assume you buy a new car, and the rear seats are missing. In the first six months after the purchase, the manufacturer improves the stereo, the rear view mirrors, the trunk.. but the rear seats are still missing. Hey hey, patience please!!

Why do we still have ghosted (but solid) cars in offline races?

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_125018~3.jpg
    IMG_20221021_125018~3.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20221021_125017~2.jpg
    IMG_20221021_125017~2.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 7
they're not really any slower than they were in the past
They are. They were knocking out 70-80 cars per calendar year from 2010 to 2019, they're now more like 40-50 at best.

GT6 launched with 124 new cars, GT7 launched with 54. 80 something if you include the redone GT5/6 models.

This is also with the fact that back then they said cars took 6 months to make, now they're three months. Output should have nearly doubled if everything else remained a constant.

They're either much, much slower or holding cars back. It's one of the two.

How cruel is this? Date of the update was the anniversary of the AZ-1.

With PD being a Japanese studio and how much the series prides itself on giving normal everyday and quirky cars the spotlight, I'm quite surprised they overlooked this.

Yes, I fully agree. But porting older cars has not been done, also. It was done before, players accepted it, now they didnt.

How do you know? Do you have any proof, source? At the same time God of War has been postponed, for refining and quality improvements. Thats proof enough: Sony doesnt put up any pressure when the product is only half done.

Since youre calling people that have different views that you "deluded", I am sure you have an official source for the PD headcount working on GT7? Otherwise you would be as deluded as us mortals.

Yes, GT7 would be a perfect platform to launch from. Asking for patience, half a year after release, thats .. interesting. Its not like this game has JUST been released and PD had no chance of improving anything since release.

No.

We do have seen what PD patches look like. We have seen six months of "support" by PD. And now fanboys are asking for patience?

Lets assume you buy a new car, and the rear seats are missing. In the first six months after the purchase, the manufacturer improves the stereo, the rear view mirrors, the trunk.. but the rear seats are still missing. Hey hey, patience please!!
God of War is a different game being developed by a different studio whom don't have a history of lengthy delays.

Do you have proof or a source suggesting 15 people are working on it? PD employ around 300 people, Gran Turismo is the only title they develop, the likelihood of only 15/300 people working on the only game they develop, is zero. So yes, it's a deluded viewpoint.

It's half a year since the release of a game that clearly launched unfinished. Look at what history tells us about games that launch that way, they take time to fix, Cyberpunk is a prime example of this, wasnt fixed overnight, wasnt fixed in 6 months. We're also basing expectations on personal assumptions around something we have no idea about. We don't know how easy or difficult it is to do things development wise with this game.

Back