Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
You could try this wheel out the gas/brake are controlled by the shifter paddles. I have one never used it got it for I think $15 dollars with Dirt 2 :
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitec...on+2/9359954.p?id=1218090909270&skuId=9359954

If you would like I'll try to use it by the end of the week and let you know what it's like or someone else that has used it could jump in here and let you know. PM me if you want me to try it out I drive with a G25 wheel. This wheel has all the buttons for the PS3 on it. I'd be more than happy to help.

This brought to you from that "Crazy opelgt guy"

Yeah, she what you can do with your G25. I would like to know if I can operate the gear shift like I want to.

The link went to the home page. There was no item. Got a pic of it, at least?

Thanks for the help, OpelGT.

I would, but I no longer have Prologue.

:(

OK, no problem.

See if this link works if not go to Best Buy Homepage ( I've read your feelings about Best Buy) but you can see the wheel there. It's the Logitech-Driving Force Wireless wheel. It has no gas/brake paddles uses the paddles on the wheel. Also you might want to look at a Thrustmaster wheel called (Enzo Feffari) it has gas/brake paddles but you can unplug them and the wheel has two sets of paddles top/bottom for using for shifting and gas/brake not sure if you could find this wheel new but maybe on eBay. I gave one to my nephew couple years ago (he may still have it). Not sure if either wheel will work with GT5 but I'd bet that the Logitech wireless one will. I'm willing to try it out on GT5 for you. Here's the best buy link:

Link went to homepage again so I did the ole Copy/paste

Best Buy > Video Games & Gadgets > PlayStation 3 > PS3 Accessories > Controllers > Product Info

Logitech - Driving Force Wireless Wheel for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2

Model: 941-000036 | SKU: 9359954

Customer Reviews:
ratings_star_4_1.gif
4.1 Read reviews (16)

Shipping: Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day
Estimate Arrival Time

Store Pickup: Check Stores

Financing:

Our Price:
$49.99

Printer friendly printing
  • Choose the pages you would like to print
  • Overview
  • Customer Reviews
  • btn-print.gif

Customer Rating
rating.gif

openRatingsHistogram.gif
Rating Snapshot 16 reviews
5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Value for Price
ratingSecondary.gif

Design
ratingSecondary.gif

Durability
ratingSecondary.gif

Comfort
ratingSecondary.gif

88% of customers would recommend this product to a friend (
14 out of 16 )

Read reviews (16)
Write a review

Share this product:

attributionLogoLogitech.gif

Overall Logitech.com Rating
rating.gif

Read reviews from Logitech.com customers
openShowcase.gif
(7)

Enjoy a more realistic driving experience every time you play your favorite racing games. The Driving Force Wireless Wheel utilizes wireless technology and force feedback to immerse you in incredibly authentic action. The one-piece design helps simplify your gaming setup, so you can reduce the clutter and focus more on the fun at hand.

Product Features

• Includes Driving Force Wireless Wheel, USB receiver, AC power supply and quick-start guide
  • Built-in gas and brake pedal controls put precise actions within easy reach
  • Wireless design eliminates the tangle of wires
  • 2.4GHz technology provides a range of up to 30'
  • Force feedback replicates bumps, crashes and traction loss with immense realism
  • Expandable lap rest adds extra comfort

Last edited:
OK, I see it now. Looks like something I want, but seems a little too cheap. lol

It uses throttle and brake with paddles on the wheel. I could do that with the G25 or G27. I could always use the pedals for my two sons and friends that come by who might want to try it.

Thanks for the info, though. That looks like something I could use, if the G25 or G27 wont do what I'm looking for. I just like to know if the paddles have 'full' throttle or brake, or if they have button sensitivity like the standard X and [] buttons on the DS3. I hate to find out when I try to accelerate out a turn and end up spinning out because the paddle is only full throttle.

I appreciate the help. Thank you. đź‘Ť

OK, I see it now. Looks like something I want, but seems a little too cheap. lol

It uses throttle and brake with paddles on the wheel. I could do that with the G25 or G27. I could always use the pedals for my two sons and friends that come by who might want to try it.

Thanks for the info, though. That looks like something I could use, if the G25 or G27 wont do what I'm looking for. I just like to know if the paddles have 'full' throttle or brake, or if they have button sensitivity like the standard X and [] buttons on the DS3. I hate to find out when I try to accelerate out a turn and end up spinning out because the paddle is only full throttle.

On the G25/G27 or any of the Fanatec wheels, you will not have analog throttle or brakes if you do not use the pedals.

All of the buttons, including the paddles, are all or nothing digital.

I looked at the wheel and I think the gas/brake are progressive Not ON/OFF I'll hook it up next day or so and check. I think the wheel was about $79 when they first came out. As for cheap I'd say yes but for $40 not bad. I'll also see what the I can do with the G25(but I don't think I'll get anything but on/off with gas/brake with it).

On the G25/G27 or any of the Fanatec wheels, you will not have analog throttle or brakes if you do not use the pedals.

All of the buttons, including the paddles, are all or nothing digital.

Hmmm, that puts a kink in my plans. Even the shifter, huh?

I looked at the wheel and I think the gas/brake are progressive Not ON/OFF I'll hook it up next day or so and check. I think the wheel was about $79 when they first came out. As for cheap I'd say yes but for $40 not bad. I'll also see what the I can do with the G25(but I don't think I'll get anything but on/off with gas/brake with it).

They want $50 for it. One guy posted he got it for $30 on Black Friday.

I might as well wait for a good sale day to get it. For the mean time, just use the DS3. I could always use the foot pedals with my hand. Left hand steer the wheel, right throttle and brake.

Unless you find a solution for me with the wheel you have, but I'll have to wait for you to post something. Give me a PM when you've tried some options out.

Thanks again for the help, dudes. đź‘Ť

Just adding to the list, the Driving Force GT works with GT3 A-Spec on the PS2, including force feedback, pedals and paddleshift. The only thing that doesn't work is the sequential stick shifter

been trying to get a steering wheel in the UK for a while now, but hit two major problems.

the DFGT doesnt have 3 pedles or proper gear stick, and the G27 is going for cheapest of 249.00 GBP (392.416 USD) but is out of stock everywhere....

so is there just a shortage becuase Logitech arent able to cope with demand or is there some news about replacements or discontinued lines i dont know about,...

just gutted i didnt take my friends advice and buy a g25 a year ago for ÂŁ140 :(

been trying to get a steering wheel in the UK for a while now, but hit two major problems.

the DFGT doesnt have 3 pedles or proper gear stick, and the G27 is going for cheapest of 249.00 GBP (392.416 USD) but is out of stock everywhere....

so is there just a shortage becuase Logitech arent able to cope with demand or is there some news about replacements or discontinued lines i dont know about,...

just gutted i didnt take my friends advice and buy a g25 a year ago for ÂŁ140 :(

Go on Fanatec site, the Carrera wheel, has everything you want for 160€

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a seat and I believe I have narrowed it down to two. I believe the Hotseat or the VisionRacer. I was wondering if anyone might have experience with both or one of these units. I have looked for comparison tests but I have not been able to find any. Thanks for your help.

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a seat and I believe I have narrowed it down to two. I believe the Hotseat or the VisionRacer. I was wondering if anyone might have experience with both or one of these units. I have looked for comparison tests but I have not been able to find any. Thanks for your help.

You've got the money for those :drool: anyway I'd say the hotseat, although the VR3 is stylish, the other good things it has is the seat, but not much adjustability. The Hotseat comes with a 5.1. Look at the ISR reviews and choose.

VR3

HotSeat

Thanks for your reply. I have seen the ISR reviews and added another choice to my list. The Fanatec RennSport. Not an easy decision as they each have their own perks and drawbacks. Since they are all on the pricey side I am trying to make the best informed decision I can. Thanks again.

Hi peeps, I'm new here.

Waiting for GT5 to be released has given me the opportunity to consider what wheel and stand I should get. I stumbled accross this which is available from 17th Dec:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002E9HXEQ/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

The price and all in one package (i.e wheel, seat & stand) appeals to me.

Does anyone have any experience of Subsonic's products?

I fear more attention has been spent on making the seat look nice rather than producing a decent wheel and pedals, but who knows, maybe it's an option worth exploring?

Cheers,
Ad

Hi peeps, I'm new here.

Waiting for GT5 to be released has given me the opportunity to consider what wheel and stand I should get. I stumbled accross this which is available from 17th Dec:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002E9HXEQ/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

The price and all in one package (i.e wheel, seat & stand) appeals to me.

Does anyone have any experience of Subsonic's products?

I fear more attention has been spent on making the seat look nice rather than producing a decent wheel and pedals, but who knows, maybe it's an option worth exploring?

Cheers,
Ad

i predict that will be $50 and under within a month of its release.

Hi racers :) I have one question for start.

Does anyone can tell me which wheel is better for GT5, does dedicated DFGT is better than Logitech G27?

Because GT is one of my favorite race game i want to buy a racing wheel this time, i was using standard Sony pad but this time i just want what's best for that game. :) Which is better investment, I'm playing also games on my PC and i know that logitech profiler helps to configure wheel for pc but if i buy G27 does that wheel work with ps3?

You've got the money for those :drool: anyway I'd say the hotseat, although the VR3 is stylish, the other good things it has is the seat, but not much adjustability. The Hotseat comes with a 5.1. Look at the ISR reviews and choose.

VR3

HotSeat

Thanks again. I decided to go with GamePOD GT2 EVO in blue. I know it wasn't one of the rigs that I listed but it looks like a nice one with good features.

Is GT Force Pro supported with the GT5 coming out in couple weeks?

BTW for anyone looking out for deals I just saw this 35% coupon code, gdby2009, which brings the G27 down to $195 shipped @ Logitech.

Has Logitech guaranteed the paddles on the G27 will function properly with GT5?

Looks like the front page has not been updated since GT4! The G25 works with GT4.

Funny, I was going to suggest that as I am tempted to buy it.....

I live in Arizona so an international order was a bit more involved with my bank. I can tell you that Ash and the people at GamePOD are very helpful and kept me informed on what was going on. They were very fast on responses to my emails, normally within minutes. They are all very professional people, I would have no problem ordering from them again and I probably will. I can't wait until it arrives, Ash informed me that it will be shipping next week.

They are having a sale this month on the EVO if that tempts you any more :sly:

Hi racers :) I have one question for start.

Does anyone can tell me which wheel is better for GT5, does dedicated DFGT is better than Logitech G27?

Because GT is one of my favorite race game i want to buy a racing wheel this time, i was using standard Sony pad but this time i just want what's best for that game. :) Which is better investment, I'm playing also games on my PC and i know that logitech profiler helps to configure wheel for pc but if i buy G27 does that wheel work with ps3?

I have a race cockpit and a modded gt25 wheel with the ARC FFB Power up mod and the AP Electric loadcell brake pedal. Also I have the Logitech DFGT and have used both with GT5 and will say until GT5 is updated to use the full features of the gt25/27 I would save the money and get the dfgt wheel as all of its buttons and the bias knob changes traction control and brake bias on the fly. The wheel feels good right out of the box it is apperant that the GT5 game was made to use this wheel. For PC based games I will use the GT25 as I can adjust everything on the pc to make the wheel and pedals feel the way I like. I was hoping the GT5 game that had years to develop would have at least grown up more than GT4. The GT5 physics are better as the driving go and the screen looks better.đź‘Ť

Dumb question but does the logitech driving force (orig) work at all with the ps3/gt5? The higher end wheels are just still too pricey for me, since I wouldn't be playing too much I couldn't justify buying a $200+ wheel. Plus then I'd have to find something to mount it on, that old problem.

Dumb question but does the logitech driving force (orig) work at all with the ps3/gt5? The higher end wheels are just still too pricey for me, since I wouldn't be playing too much I couldn't justify buying a $200+ wheel. Plus then I'd have to find something to mount it on, that old problem.

Yeah, it actually does, they even show it in the options! I keep meaning to drag out my old GT Force wheel and see how it feels.

Back