Gran Turismo compatible wheels and cockpit index

• Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 225 comments
This thread is too long to search for it, is the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 compatible with GT5 and if yes, as wich wheel does it show in the GT5 options? As DFGT? So where can I set the FFB to 10 in the options?

I am thinking about to buy this wheel...

This thread is too long to search for it, is the Fanatec GT3 RS V2 compatible with GT5 and if yes, as wich wheel does it show in the GT5 options? As DFGT? So where can I set the FFB to 10 in the options?

I am thinking about to buy this wheel...

Yes it is. To change FFB it is in general wheel settings. (Where you change setting to simulation)

Ok great thanks. Maybe I order that wheel today...

Is it an advantage to contact Thomas? Maybe he gives a bit offer? Or give an free H shifter? How can I contact him?

There are a few threads asking as well as a few people in this one, yes the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP works with GT5. I am using it. FF works and all buttons on the wheel are mappable.

check this GT Omega rig out.

94341688.jpg

98732296.jpg

86166395.jpg

please comment.

I think TV is too high...

Has anyone ever thought of starting a new thread, or atleast remind the thread starter to update the GT compatible wheels for GT5? It would make people's life easier instead of scrolling through all these pages. Just FYI.

BTW, anyone with Logitech Momo Racing Force Feedback Wheel (Black one) beware of calibration/off center problems. Whether you have Force Feedback or not. Well its just me but I've heard a handful with those with same wheel that had same problem as me as well.

I hope no one minds me asking this. But does anyone have any experience with the Genius Twin Wheel 900ff? It's the only wheel available to me but I can't find any info on whether it's compatible with GT5. It's supposedly
PS3 compatible but that doesn't mean much... The net and google are no help whatsoever...

I hope no one minds me asking this. But does anyone have any experience with the Genius Twin Wheel 900ff? It's the only wheel available to me but I can't find any info on whether it's compatible with GT5. It's supposedly
PS3 compatible but that doesn't mean much... The net and google are no help whatsoever...

Never heard of it. Looks pretty decent in the pictures, if it's not expensive it might be worth a try.

Never heard of it. Looks pretty decent in the pictures, if it's not expensive it might be worth a try.

That's what i was thinking. It's about half the price of a DFGT, what worries me though is that the manual which i downloaded from their website says that Force Feedback is only available for PC games...

That's what i was thinking. It's about half the price of a DFGT, what worries me though is that the manual which i downloaded from their website says that Force Feedback is only available for PC games...

Then I'd avoid unless FFB is unimportant to you.

Then I'd avoid unless FFB is unimportant to you.

Yeah i guess so. I really want FFB. $320 for DFGT is just a bit too much for me. I was hoping that they were just being cautious in the manual and covering their bases in case of incompatibility. I'll let you guys know what happens.

If anyone has already said something, just say so, but the V3 Racing Wheel for Playstation1 works as a steering wheel for PS1 Gran Turismo 1 and 2. It has a NegCon setting on the face. I used it at my friends house. The only thing is that it is incredibly hard to calibrate.
71YT184RSXL.gif

n1nj4ofshr3d
If anyone has already said something, just say so, but the V3 Racing Wheel for Playstation1 works as a steering wheel for PS1 Gran Turismo 1 and 2. It has a NegCon setting on the face. I used it at my friends house. The only thing is that it is incredibly hard to calibrate.

I had one of those! I much preferred the UltraRacer hand held controller. Was VERY sad when GT3 didn't support it. Shame on you PD!

It was my friend's dad's wheel, and it is almost new. It took forever to figure out how to set everything. It has digital and negcon settings, and 3 different degree settings, full, medium, and not a lot. I don't think that's what they're called. It still turns full, but recgonizes it at that setting and past as full. I just couldn't believe how bad this wheel was. Squeeky and awkward. If you can find either the Colin McRae Rally 2.0 wheel, (which I've never seen before, but says it on the back of the case), of the negcon, just buy it 'cause everything else is bad. For GT and GT2, there was so much deadzone and calibration issuses, and the Analog Settings menu was not cooperating, and I never want to use a PSX wheel ever again.

Defender Extreme Turbo (PRO). It's 100% compatible with (all) PS1 games.
(same thing about PS2 games, but I have no PS2 to test it)
That wheel also has 3 modes:
1. Digital (PS1 Digital):
Default mode on this wheel. Has no axels.
2. Analog (PS1 Analog):
On PlayStation you have one axis (for steerling wheel), on PC you have two (one more axis is for pedals... both pedals... wait, what!?). The most recomended on PC.
3. Race (PS1 Negcon):
On PC this mode is most useless: L1 and L2 disappears, R1 and R2 are acting like one buttton, number of axels is still 2.
But on PlayStation this mode is best: this wheel here has 3 axels (one for steering wheel, two for each pedal). L1 and L2 doesn't disappear, but there they're acting like one button, just like R1 and R2. (also, NFS4 asked me what controller I'm using: steering wheel or another (Negcon). But it hasn't effect on calibrating, it's same for both controllers) The best mode for PlayStation.
For now, it's the only wheel that I have seen with handbrake and PS1 compatibility. And also it hasn't ugly (for me) racing wheel design, that's overused by Logitech (it has only few wheels that does not has that design, one of them is Driving Force GT). :crazy:

I see the MadCatz MC2 listed for GT3 (not sure if it's for GT4 as well).

I know from personal experience it will work with GT2, 3, and 4 (at least for as long as it works at all).

Anyone have an updated Cockpit Index link? The OP's link is not working. :grumpy:

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

Error 404

Anyone have an updated Cockpit Index link? The OP's link is not working. :grumpy:

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

Error 404

This.

Where is the cockpit index ? The link is broken. :grumpy:
I´m searching for a new cockpit and I found a very interesting cockpit at a german gt-forum. It´s a modular System and will soon be available.
Forum: http://www.gtrp.de/showthread.php?38579-Vorstellung-SimSeat

simseat-ultimate-triple-hlo.jpg

simseat-advanced-hlo.jpg

More pictures: http://www.simseat.eu/

I like this idea a lot as it moves the wheel support to the sides so you can get in and out easy and don't knock your knees on a middle mount. I don't think i would mount my computer to the rig though as you dont want all the vibrations from the wheels FF or an additional tactile speaker to rattle all those internal components, the basic idea is neat and clean though.

Hmm I think the G25 is compatible with GT4 in sequential mode (the game thinks it's a DFP) because I saw a video of someone drifting with G25 playing GT4 on youtube.

If the Driving Force Pro is compatible with both GT3 and GT4, surely the GT will be too? I'll report back in 2 days or so, when I try them both out, with my DFGT and my new wheel stand.

EDIT1: Will also see what joy I get from a G27, if any

If the Driving Force Pro is compatible with both GT3 and GT4, surely the GT will be too? I'll report back in 2 days or so, when I try them both out, with my DFGT and my new wheel stand.

EDIT1: Will also see what joy I get from a G27, if any

The G27 will not work with the PS2. And I don't think that the GT will work with the PS2 either because as similar as they are, the DFP and the DFGT have different internals and wiring...

A short visit on Logitech's homepage will answer all these questions.

1) DFGT and G27 are compatible with PS2 (GT4)

2) G27 supports only sequential shifter (paddles)

3) Even the Fanatec Porsche wheels work on PS2 (GT4) since they are emulating a G25 when set to PS3-Mode.

Here is a (German) list from Logitech with all supported games. You can also see, which game is supporting 900 degrees of rotation and which is not. But be aware, this list not really up to date (PS3 games).

http://www.logitech.com/de-de/265/5221

Back