Gran Turismo FIA Online Championship World Final Preview: Glory Awaits

There was contact with the Aston that triggered the spin; I'm sure Tidgney would've been able to correct it otherwise.

Well, Tidgney is awesome, but the r8 will never be the best at fighting in hairpins...That is why I made my comment above.

REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU LIKE MOST TODAYS RACING WAS RIVETING!

GREAT JOB!

HUGELY AWESOME SHOWING FROM USA DRIVERS!

So happy for Fraga (especially following his bad luck in the Nations Cup) and team Toyota for the win in the Manufacturers Cup grand final.
Brilliant team racing and as for Fraga they just couldn't catch him in the penultimate change over. A well deserved win.

......I must also add a most exciting racing through the event from all competitors.

Happy for Toyota, that's who I was pulling for. Once they got away from that group they were gone.

Alfa though, they were the best drivers in that race imo.

No, it said 5 laps on the broadcast, before the race. The graphic with the estimated tyre strategies and track map

The briefing document states that the inlap and the outlap do not count toward the lap total. You have to run 5 full laps from start to finish, meaning you would have to at least pit on laps 6 and 12

Cheers everyone.

I didn't lose it on exit its standard for the r8 to do that on acceleration it does it every lap. But the tap loads the rear of the R8 to much and no chance of recovery. Its gutting for sure but it wasnt done on purpose so a racing incident. Just a shame as that was the podium . It does want me to keep racing Audi to get this damn podium mind you....

Audi did awesome as a team today as we were in quite the pickle after no slipstream in qualifying as we should have been in that top 6. So for us to come back like that was amazing.

Thanks again for the support though!

The briefing document states that the inlap and the outlap do not count toward the lap total. You have to run 5 full laps from start to finish, meaning you would have to at least pit on laps 6 and 12

Is that also true for races where the pitlane is situated at the start/finish line?

Had to catch up and watch Nations and Manu today. Gutted to see Fraga out so soon. After all the anticipation, we won't be seeing Hizal vs Fraga, not even for a single lap...

Manufacturer's was much more entertaining. Great racing and tight competition in every race.

Glad to see the Alfa Romeo team doing so well with the not so competitive Gr.3 car. Whole team did great, but Solis is my Michelin Driver of the Day. Impressive how he could keep up with the pack of Aston, Corvette & co in a power track while avoiding the chaos at the end.

It does want me to keep racing Audi to get this damn podium mind you....
So you are a masochist then! :eek: Only conclusion for staying with FF Gr.4 and MR Gr.3 and the tire wear problems. :confused: It would continue the challenge though. ;) :lol:

Seriously though, well done Tidgney, and the team, for some great races, and getting so close to the podium. 👍 Didn't see much of you in the races (broadcast), but had an eye on you making your way through the field. Looking forward to your review of the event. :)

I always found it kind of hilarious that Ford has made it to the World Finals but instead of their team using the Group 3 Mustang that was made specifically for this game and competition in mind, or their current GT LM car, they’re stuck using this Spec II GT with a design that dates back to 2004.

I know this is GTS’s showcase event, but today was the first time I felt that the ‘sim’ racing community and the real racing community were about par. Or at a minimum the gap was narrowed between the two. They co-exist well.

I know this is GTS’s showcase event, but today was the first time I felt that the ‘sim’ racing community and the real racing community were about par. Or at a minimum the gap was narrowed between the two. They co-exist well.

Man, such a great post and I agree with you for one of the few times lmao.
Today the drivers appeared to drive so much smarter and better than before on some events with the arcade mess that happened a few times.
If the events maintain this quality of racing I will be glued to the monitor.
E erything is in place, great production quality, plenty of money invested overall, fantastic announcing, the drivers just need to keep it real and people like me will watch...

I just felt like what I saw today is what this stuff should be.

I feel like production wise everything is in place for massive expansion of sim racing, the only real variable is the driver behavior.

Man, such a great post and I agree with you for one of the few times lmao.
Today the drivers appeared to drive so much smarter and better than before on some events with the arcade mess that happened a few times.
If the events maintain this quality of racing I will be glued to the monitor.
E erything is in place, great production quality, plenty of money invested overall, fantastic announcing, the drivers just need to keep it real and people like me will watch...

I just felt like what I saw today is what this stuff should be.

I feel like production wise everything is in place for massive expansion of sim racing, the only real variable is the driver behavior.
I agree here, but also would really like to see more participants by way of disallowing dual participation in Nations and Manufactures. Would be cool to see two separate groups of drivers fighting it out instead of the same ones for both categories.

Is that also true for races where the pitlane is situated at the start/finish line?

No, those races were listed as required to do 6, and the in/outlap counted on those. The Tokyo race was given the exception to try and stay along the same 6/6/8 standard (pitting on laps 6 and 12 as you would the others). I get what they wanted to do, and when it's on paper, it makes more sense than how confusing pitting usually is in FIA lol

The solution would've been not to have the pit entry in the middle of the track to begin with but that wouldn't have worked from a design perspective I guess

Congratulations to Toyota. It is fair to say that they were the favorites due to the combos but they did what they needed to do. Porsche getting taken out at Gardens likely sealed their fate early and Hyundai, yikes. F for respect should be H from now on. Was kinda hoping Lexus could get a podium spot just so @Deafsun could come away with something but looked like it lacked the speed in Tokyo. Shame that @Tidgney went out but he definitely showed some fight.

Best part of it all, though...

Sensational Solis.gif

Damage is on for these races now isn't it? I haven't been able to watch these too closely but I haven't noticed that many crazy punts?

The nations finals could of course change all that.

And STILL competitors' names get butchered. How hard can it be. They're literally standing next to each other listening to one another pronouncing names differently and there's nothing that goes through their mind to question why and sort it out?

Back