Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
Pretty funny thing to do during a holiday party. Put your invited guest into your driving rig and watch them have at it in arcade mode ;-). Made my night

Hey everyone, got some bad news to report. I tripped over a wire on my rig and pulled out the connector from my pedals. Until I get another one which hopefully I should be able to find one; I will be out of action. I can not justify putting on my G27 to my Fanatec which is disabled right now.

I think I should be able to get a new connector from possibly gamestop at least I hope so. If that happens downtime will only be another day.

Hey everyone, got some bad news to report. I tripped over a wire on my rig and pulled out the connector from my pedals. Until I get another one which hopefully I should be able to find one; I will be out of action. I can not justify putting on my G27 to my Fanatec which is disabled right now.

I think I should be able to get a new connector from possibly gamestop at least I hope so. If that happens downtime will only be another day.
If your looking for a connector.. might want to try shopping around radioshack.. gamestop won't have that sort of plug I don't think

@flip55

I would like to join GTGC.

GTP ID: RuddRacer
PSN: RuddRacer
Car: TBD
Car Number: 44

Any suggestions on which car to choose as I am not much of a "tuner". I'm finding it difficult choosing a car that handles as good on RH as it does on Sport tires.

FYI...

@mr_lab_rat
@Nail-27

@flip55

I would like to join GTGC.

GTP ID: RuddRacer
PSN: RuddRacer
Car: TBD
Car Number: 44

Any suggestions on which car to choose as I am not much of a "tuner". I'm finding it difficult choosing a car that handles as good on RH as it does on Sport tires.

FYI...

@mr_lab_rat
@Nail-27

Welcome! Thank you for joining!

My observation with the cars: The Camaro can out corner a lot of things, so the handling is great. But doesn't quite have the legs on the longer straights compared to the rest of the field. The BMW M3 and the Aston Martin, I think, are a good middle ground between handling and speed. I've run the Aston to a decent amount of success until I mess up and stick it in the sand...
But we have a lot to choose from! You can also see the Additional Cars Google doc and take something from there.

The cover is coming off the Vette! Have to say I'm getting excited to try out all the tracks and to start getting setups for all of em, and now that the points matter double the fun! If anybody is interested ill host a test n tune in the club room tonight at nurb and maybe monaco around 10 central time? what do you guys say?

The cover is coming off the Vette! Have to say I'm getting excited to try out all the tracks and to start getting setups for all of em, and now that the points matter double the fun! If anybody is interested ill host a test n tune in the club room tonight at nurb and maybe monaco around 10 central time? what do you guys say?

I'll be on sometime around 11:30 eastern time, so I'll be around.

@flip55. My numbers don't match for the Z06 and the Boss 302.

My Boss 302 at 1319kg is 559PP with 479bhp per the instructions given.

The 2006 Z06 is way off. I had to limit power 82% to get 432bhp but its at 552PP. If I go to 431hp I get the 551PP that is required. Since the car is > 1350kg stock I did weight reduction lvl. 1 and added weight back to reach the 1350kg.

By the way the Z06 was much faster than all the other cars I tested. I will be curious to retest it once I know the proper way to get the required wt, bhp and PP.

@flip55. My numbers don't match for the Z06 and the Boss 302.

My Boss 302 at 1319kg is 559PP with 479bhp per the instructions given.

The 2006 Z06 is way off. I had to limit power 82% to get 432bhp but its at 552PP. If I go to 431hp I get the 551PP that is required. Since the car is > 1350kg stock I did weight reduction lvl. 1 and added weight back to reach the 1350kg.

By the way the Z06 was much faster than all the other cars I tested. I will be curious to retest it once I know the proper way to get the required wt, bhp and PP.

I will double check my numbers when I am able to. This game gets a little tricky when trying to spec things.

RACING RESUMES THIS WEEK!!!!

Practice will be this Tuesday night at around 11:30pm EST. Racing will be on Thursday. Please try to be on time for Thursday's race. If you miss qualifying and the qualifying race, you will be allowed to race in the main hour long race. You'll just have to start from the back of the grid.
And remember for this week: Main race will be mostly at night.

Also, please make sure that you are in the Gentlemen's Cup group in the game. We will be in a club members only lounge.

Hope to see you guys out there!

Hate to say it but I do not have my new wire yet which takes me out on the first race. Total :-(

@flip55 did you have a chance to check the numbers for the Z06 and Boss 302.

Pardon the delay, I have yet to. Things got in the way. One of them being Grid Autosport (which is rather unprofessional on my part...).
I will check things before the practice room goes up tonight.

@flip55 did you have a chance to check the numbers for the Z06 and Boss 302.

Quick stats update: The numbers in the thread are the numbers I have on my cars at the moment. However, I have not had an oil change on them for a while. After practice, I'll have that done on both cars and confirm the stats again.

The Z06 was bought new and oil change was done on both cars before doing the required steps to the cars.

An oil change may explain the 1hp extra on the Boss 302.

For the Z06 the only step that I think would cause a problem is how to get the car below 1350kg and how many kg's of ballast were needed to get 1350.

What I did: level 1 weight reduction and added 57kg of ballast to get 1350kg. Power Limiter @ 82% I get 552pp 432hp at 1350kg.

Boss 302 559pp 479hp at 1319kg at 100% power limiter. The spec is 478hp.

Last edited:
I tried joining your practice session but I keep getting a "Entry was refused due to network incompatibility with room host [1671].

I have never had this problem. I raced in the SNAIL Pack series last night with no problems. I tried cleaning my cache but still same error. Any ideas?

In the mean time I guess I will shut down PS3 and restart everything.

Yeah, the Corvette did have to have weight added to get it to 1350, so that should be fine.

As to why it didn't let you into the room, not sure. We saw you try to get in. It could be because the room was created before you became a member of the group. If you are getting back on, we can reset the room and see if that works.

Deciding to join up if possible:

GTP ID: RobbiefromBC
PSN ID: BC_BOYZZ
Car: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Car Number:

also, I'd like to create a new team:

Team Name: BR Wannab'E' Datsun
Team Car: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Driver 1: BC_BOYZZ
Driver 2: (Need a driver)

Cheers! Should be fun, got a couple old buddies in here 👍

Last edited:
@flip55 I like the Z06 the best.

I am confident that once you have it serviced our numbers will match. (it may need an overhaul in addition to oil change)

Let me know.

Deciding to join up if possible:

GTP ID: RobbiefromBC
PSN ID: BC_BOYZZ
Car: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Car Number:

also, I'd like to create a new team:

Team Name: BR Wannb'E' Datsun
Team Car: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Driver 1: BC_BOYZZ
Driver 2: (Need a driver)

Cheers! Should be fun, got a couple old buddies in here 👍

Welcome! Please be sure to also join the group in the game, we run these things in the club lounge.

Back