Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
Does anyone have a starting tune for the BMW....it needs a second or two.

I would throw one your way but I've never been a big fan of the bimmers in GT6, so I don't have a tune for ya. You could probably find something in the forums for a BMW that could get you going pretty quick. On Tuesday the fastest time we saw was a 2:05.566, but it seemed that the average pace was in the 2:06 and 2:07 range for most cars. Just shoot for that and you should be good

Yeah sorry Ned I do not have any for Sauerkraut cars :-(. Should be an interesting race tonight. This track has the ability to give multiple lines through certain sections.

Hi guys, I'm on standby with my job and there's a big storm coming to southern ca, if I leave during race or don't show that's the reason, camaro was slow at willow but it can keep up at tonight's track, to bad Im going to mz it

Hi guys, I'm on standby with my job and there's a big storm coming to southern ca, if I leave during race or don't show that's the reason, camaro was slow at willow but it can keep up at tonight's track, to bad Im going to mz it
Hey we all know work comes first. Sucks majorly, but still we all have to provide ourselves in order to do what we enjoy... hopefully you'll make and finish the race :-)

The link is up for Tuesday night endurance races btw. It is the bottom link on my sig. Check it out everyone

That is probably around where the fastest of the field will lay down lap wise. Make sure that the car meets the requirements that Flip has set. Looking pretty good there :-)

also what kind of times are you guys looking at? my best in my camaro is a 2.04.162

Also, just make sure that you are in the club in the game. We run these events in a club lobby, and that's the only way to get into them.

Have a good one...migrane from new anti spasmotic drug for my neck...rather have the pain in the neck
I know a good Licensed Druggists. At least back in the 1920 ' s you could call him a druggist... my friend Elmer T Lee, with his buddy Pappy Van Winkle ;-)

Update Post!

First off, thank you to everyone who came out last night and raced! It was a good night with a good variety of cars.

In terms of BOP, I think we're doing alright. We may be getting to the point where individual success ballast may be the way moving forward to next month (we won't do anything for the next race). More on this as it develops in the future.

I'd like to direct your attention to what I have planned for January. Right now it's tentative, but I wanted a mix of tight tracks and wide open, faster tracks.

In the meantime, see everyone next week for the Matterhorn! Practice lounges will be up during the week.

Tentative January Schedule

Jan. 1 -- TBA (depends on who and how many will be available, let me know if you are able to)
Jan. 8 -- Brands Hatch Nurburgring GP/F
Jan. 15 -- Monaco
Jan. 22 -- Silverstone (redo)
Jan. 29 -- Spa Francorchamps

I would also like to throw this up as well: Our own @miata13B (PSN: Somebodyshootme) will be hosting a 2 - hour endurance race this Tuesday night! It's a two make race: Mazda Miata TC and Nissan Silvia TC. Both cars are very nearly the same pace, should be a good race! Hit the link below to bring you to the thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...uesday-endurance-racing.320968/#post-10303548

Last edited:
Update Post!

First off, thank you to everyone who came out last night and raced! It was a good night with a good variety of cars.

In terms of BOP, I think we're doing alright. We may be getting to the point where individual success ballast may be the way moving forward to next month (we won't do anything for the next race). More on this as it develops in the future.

I'd like to direct your attention to what I have planned for January. Right now it's tentative, but I wanted a mix of tight tracks and wide open, faster tracks.

In the meantime, see everyone next week for the Matterhorn! Practice lounges will be up during the week.

Tentative January Schedule

Jan. 1 -- TBA (depends on who and how many will be available, let me know if you are able to)
Jan. 8 -- Brands Hatch
Jan. 15 -- Monaco
Jan. 22 -- Silverstone (redo)
Jan. 29 -- Spa Francorchamps

I would also like to throw this up as well: Our own @miata13B (PSN: Somebodyshootme) will be hosting a 2 - hour endurance race this Tuesday night! It's a two make race: Mazda Miata TC and Nissan Silvia TC. Both cars are very nearly the same pace, should be a good race! Hit the link below to bring you to the thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...uesday-endurance-racing.320968/#post-10303548
Thanks Flip for the shout out ;-) I do not know what is planned for New Years yet, but put me up as a maybe. I am liking the look of the January Calender. This is going to be a Smash :-)

Another Update Post!

Changing one or two things for January.

We've never run a race on the grand prix circuit at the Nurburgring. I'd like to replace the Brands Hatch round with that, but with a twist because of the ability for time changes. In short: Night race! The Main Race for the Nurburgring will start at sundown and run mostly under the lights. Qualifying and the Qualifying Race will still be run in daytime settings.

Spa will also have a time change in the main race, but it will be much more gradual.

For Jan. 1:

Doesn't look like we'll have enough people to run a proper event. I will probably be on, so it may just be a random race/tuning room.

I'll be on tomorrow night for some last minute tuning for the Matterhorn.

Hey look is like I am probably going to be a no show tonight. Sorry guys :-( holiday season has me working late tonight...

:grumpy::banghead::crazy::ill::indiff: Sorry I've been off the air but in the middle of the WRS 2.24 of Fuji on Sunday I started feeling rotten and was unable to hit my marks so I skipped SNAIL ....and then left early from Monday Pack Attack and have't turned a wheel since. I'm Slowly getting better from a kiddy disease...mumps...YGBSM...7-10 days duration...started with minor symptoms about last Thursday. Can't concentrate due to headaches and tintinus...see you guys next race....I hope.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Matterhorn race will have to be postponed until later. Not enough people to run the event... Oh well! We'll get back into it soon!

The events for January have been loaded into the in - game calender. January has turned out to have an all - European theme!

I would like to say thank you to everyone for a successful year of races! (Both here and in series previous) Happy holidays and see you guys soon!

Happy Holidays everyone :-) What a great year of racing we have all had!!! Next year may us all be faster. :-)

Last edited:
Back