Gran Turismo Gentlemen's Cup -- Series finished: InsaneHurricane4 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 108 comments
nice to have Somebody in the session yesterday :dopey:
Yeah it has been a long time since I logged into or raced GT6. Definitely showed. Not sure I'll make Thursday though. I finally received the good news this morning from the 24 hours of Lemons. My car build and team have been accepted into the Thompson Raceway Lemons race this August.

I had to take a lot of night shifts to make some cash and day times to slowly get this civic built. The main reason for my absence. I'll be looking to get back online moving forward; as long as the time crunch on the car doesntcgetvin the way.

Series finale this evening! One last race at the High Speed Ring! 75 laps will be the race distance for tonight.

InsaneHurricane4 had some wicked pace last night!!!! congrats on the race and championship win. lonely race last night for the most part and I know I had too much down force to make good laps times. Good times as usual thought!!:gtpflag:

thanks also to Flip for putting in the effort to keep a series going!! :bowdown:

Flip, thanks for all the effort and work you put in. Socal, Flip, and Rash, it was a fun series. I'll race with you guys anytime!

Final Points Standings after the season:

I'll be back later with a second post, just wanted to get the points up.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who raced with us this season! The crowd was small, but the racing was close and a lot of fun! Congrats to InsaneHurricane4 for winning the overall standings!

Now to more important matters: I will not be hosting another full series in Gran Turismo 6. Sadly, the dwindling number of players and the lack of interest this season, as well as me making some small lifestyle changes has lead me to this decision. We're getting a new game really soon, anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing how GT Sport will work out.

I may host some one off events over the next few months, but it won't be a full scale series like this.

I am incredibly thankful to have been able to host races for the past 2 years, and grateful to everyone who's raced with us in that time. It really meant a lot to see people excited to be a part of this week after week. On top of that, the racing was great just about every week!
This is far from a goodbye. I'll still be around in GT6, and to GT Sport and beyond (not right away, but I'll be there eventually), I just can't dedicate the same amount of time as I have in the past to host a series.

Thanks for everything, it's been fun!

- Luke

:gtpflag:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who raced with us this season! The crowd was small, but the racing was close and a lot of fun! Congrats to InsaneHurricane4 for winning the overall standings!

Now to more important matters: I will not be hosting another full series in Gran Turismo 6. Sadly, the dwindling number of players and the lack of interest this season, as well as me making some small lifestyle changes has lead me to this decision. We're getting a new game really soon, anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing how GT Sport will work out.

I may host some one off events over the next few months, but it won't be a full scale series like this.

I am incredibly thankful to have been able to host races for the past 2 years, and grateful to everyone who's raced with us in that time. It really meant a lot to see people excited to be a part of this week after week. On top of that, the racing was great just about every week!
This is far from a goodbye. I'll still be around in GT6, and to GT Sport and beyond (not right away, but I'll be there eventually), I just can't dedicate the same amount of time as I have in the past to host a series.

Thanks for everything, it's been fun!

- Luke

:gtpflag:

Flip/ Luke thank you very much for all the time and dedication you put into your series the past 2 years. Although I have been absent for quite a time, your series have always been a blast.

I remember the first series I joined was yours and that was my first real organized online racing to be a part of. I learned a lot from all the members that we have raced with and slotted through the field from a back marker to a front runner, back to a back marker. Unfortunately life got in my way of continuing racing every Thursday night with everyone :-(. It happens, it does to everyone.

GT6 might be a closed chapter for you running your series from this point forward, but from what I have experienced your series have been one of the best organized and fair series out there!

I hope to join in with GT Sport, but if Fanatec doesn't get their act together with Sony I may not make a reappearance in GT Sport. Well that is if I can't find the spare resources for upgrading. Most of my resources are now dedicated towards a homegrown racecar that will be starting in a Lemons race and will be evolved into a Honda challenge car over time.

We still have a race to go see together at either NJMP or Lime Rock sometime in the future buddy ;-)

- Alex

Flip/ Luke thank you very much for all the time and dedication you put into your series the past 2 years. Although I have been absent for quite a time, your series have always been a blast.

I remember the first series I joined was yours and that was my first real organized online racing to be a part of. I learned a lot from all the members that we have raced with and slotted through the field from a back marker to a front runner, back to a back marker. Unfortunately life got in my way of continuing racing every Thursday night with everyone :-(. It happens, it does to everyone.

GT6 might be a closed chapter for you running your series from this point forward, but from what I have experienced your series have been one of the best organized and fair series out there!

I hope to join in with GT Sport, but if Fanatec doesn't get their act together with Sony I may not make a reappearance in GT Sport. Well that is if I can't find the spare resources for upgrading. Most of my resources are now dedicated towards a homegrown racecar that will be starting in a Lemons race and will be evolved into a Honda challenge car over time.

We still have a race to go see together at either NJMP or Lime Rock sometime in the future buddy ;-)

- Alex

Thank you so much, Alex! Hopefully, IMSA/Lime Rock is in the cards this years :D

Last edited:
Hej guys, hej flip i want to apologize for the lack of participation in the series, but last tree months have been for our family heavy, due to sickness and funeral of my father in law. if you come up with a new idea i certainly will be there to check it.

Trans Am series with late model Camaro, Mustang, Challenger and maybe Jaguar at the 4 US tracks. What are everyone's thoughts ?
Socal, if you can do something on Thursday nights after 8 PM PDT, I'm definitely interested. Just let me know if you decide on anything.

i'm learning that getting the vehicle as even as possible is a little tricky. Just shows how much effort is put into a series with different vehicles. Flip does an awesome job. I don't travel for 3 weeks so i'll work on it and communicate with everyone when ready.

Back