Gran Turismo Has Partnered With IMSA

• Thread starter Famine
  • 89 comments
He always posted new Daily Races a few days before they're online and also posted prices of the new cars before the cars rolls in the LCD so I think he knows a bit.

But we'll see.
He knows abit sure but he doesn’t know what’s being worked on and what’s not just because he has datamined the latest version of the game.

full IMSA track and car list added to the game
Highly unlikely. They can't hardly get anything out now as it is.

They are simply not equipped with what it takes for such a big ask.

Maybe and it's a big maybe, 1 car every quarter if lucky and so in 5 years the field will be complete.

By that time there will be all new cars and teams, and GT will have the full roster from 5 years ago.

Kind of like now, but I digress....

Manufacturers own the intellectual property of their cars and can license them to whomever.
Not quite. Some car categories have their own intellectual property on the regulations and homologations of the race cars and maybe not enough the manufacturers agreement, depending on the contracts signed for participating (F1, BTCC, Nascar, Australian Supercars)
In specific case of F1, I believe Ferrari can do whatever they want with ask FOM permission but other teams I don't think is that straightforward (although he have the Mercedes W08 on GT Sport and iRacing, I guess Mercedes also has some kind of waiver).

I have what is likely going to be labelled a dumb question:. When a track's naming rights have been bought by a company, for example, WeatherTech Speedway Laguna Seca, does this add further complications to bringing it into a game?

I ask because Canadian Tire Motorsport Park would be a great fit for GT7 but I wonder how much influence Canadian Tire would have on the likelihood of it appearing.

uhmmm
Just hoping we get the awesome USA and Canada legendary tracks
Sebring
Indy
Road America
Montreal
Toronto Street
Vancouver Street
To name a few tracks
The way this whole GT7 debacle is going we'd be lucky to get the old Top Gear track! 🤬😡

I have what is likely going to be labelled a dumb question:. When a track's naming rights have been bought by a company, for example, WeatherTech Speedway Laguna Seca, does this add further complications to bringing it into a game?

I ask because Canadian Tire Motorsport Park would be a great fit for GT7 but I wonder how much influence Canadian Tire would have on the likelihood of it appearing.
My guess is not much. I think the agreement is with the circuit. ie Canadian Tire is part of the name, they pay the circuit for advertising. Similar to TV or print, Canadian Tire is not expecting payment every time it appears. I'd imagine Canadian Tire is happy to get the extra coverage.

I think Laguna has WeatherTech on it because it was in the game earlier as Mazda Raceway.... so we all don't keep calling it Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca incorrectly.

I wouldn’t take the words of someone who doesn’t work for PD as someone who knows what there doing. Just because it doesn’t show up in the files of the game doesn’t mean it’s not being worked on.
Fair defensive assumption, but from experience and not just with GT7, PDI is not the kind to clean up their work done between updates at all, so bits that are actively worked on usually displays, including cars.
I would think that by now that I'd have built a fair amount of credibility regarding that sort of information.

In general though, there is no indication that there is anything IMSA planned. Tracks aren't made in just a matter of one month.

Last edited:
At best (depending on the state of this game by then), this partnership will likely be just them having kiosks at select venues (Rolex 24, Six Hours of the Glen, etc) and maybe some TV graphics similar to what happened with the Nurburgring when the World TOur was there the weekend of the 24 and on the game side a few IMSA specific pieces of content in 2023. I don't see much else going off thier past use of Licenses (NASCAR, WRC, Top Gear), but I wouldn't mind being proven beyond wrong (preferably by PD's actions and not by some overly defensive fan).

Last edited:
My guess is not much. I think the agreement is with the circuit. ie Canadian Tire is part of the name, they pay the circuit for advertising. Similar to TV or print, Canadian Tire is not expecting payment every time it appears. I'd imagine Canadian Tire is happy to get the extra coverage.

I think Laguna has WeatherTech on it because it was in the game earlier as Mazda Raceway.... so we all don't keep calling it Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca incorrectly.
Another example of a similar circuit naming format is when the much talked about Road Atlanta was rebranded to "Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta" a few years ago. Even before I knew of the datamines I speculated that Road Atlanta would be a likely track for PD to add ever since PD's parthership with Michelin, which was specifically announced by Michelin North America and had then Acura DPi driver J.P. Montoya racing at that live event in New York.

Nenkai will know more about the actual goings on than I do (not that we should harass them for info), but its datamine situation aside, I'd still think that Road Atlanta would be a fitting addition to GT in the future. They even had Georgia listed as one of the handful of states on the old World Map which was an interesting choice.
Screenshot_2021-12-28-05-14-33.png

A slight tangent. PD please bring that Mazda Roadster Cup championship! It would be a cool addition to have it be a North American regional series like it is in real life (also ran by IMSA funnily enough. Maybe they were waiting for this partnership to add it, or maybe it really is as simple as cut content).

Last edited:
In general though, there is no indication that there is anything IMSA planned. Tracks aren't made in just a matter of one month.
"No indication" doesn't mean that they aren't doing anything. It just hasn't been made clear to us.

Last edited:
Let's wait and see what any official announcement says. I really wouldn't expect much of anything if the only place it's referenced is a slideshow in a stream.

"No indication" doesn't mean that they aren't doing anything. It just hasn't been made clear to us.
but from experience and not just with GT7, PDI is not the kind to clean up their work done between updates at all, so bits that are actively worked on usually displays
This has essentially been true with not just GTS's lifecycle.

uhmmm
Just hoping we get the awesome USA and Canada legendary tracks
Sebring
Indy
Road America
Montreal
Toronto Street
Vancouver Street
To name a few tracks
I would definitely add Circuit Mont-Tremblant to that list as it is one of the most challenging, fun and beautiful circuits to drive on...ask me how I know 😉
plus it is world renown as one of the best racetracks on the planet amongst racing drivers.

By the way, it was owned by Laurence Stroll for almost 25 years and sold just a few weeks ago this July.

Going to race there in about 2 weeks, can't wait!

Last edited:
Highly unlikely. They can't hardly get anything out now as it is.

They are simply not equipped with what it takes for such a big ask.

Maybe and it's a big maybe, 1 car every quarter if lucky and so in 5 years the field will be complete.

By that time there will be all new cars and teams, and GT will have the full roster from 5 years ago.

Kind of like now, but I digress....
The big drop in cars each month could be down to anything. They may be holding content because they are saving it for GT8 but could just as easily be on purpose due to live service game. If it's the latter, they have a lot to learn.

One thing to keep in mind is that (presumably) the IMSA license isn’t a catch-all that guarantees cars, tracks and championships be added. That wasn’t the case with Forza (though it does have its fair share of US-based circuits), GRID or anything other game with an IMSA tie-in.

None of these games are “the official game of the IMSA series” if that makes sense, so at best you’ll see licensed liveries and maybe some cars/tracks if you’re lucky. GRID Legends has the Cadillac DPi, Porsche 911 and Ford GT for example, but no official circuits from the series.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if that IMSA presentation conflated “esports” with “gaming” as I know for a fact that several of the brands mentioned in that slide don’t host official IMSA esports series (some of the games don’t even do esports at all).

Last edited:
NRA
That 2020 world circuit map teaser pretty much confirms it.
Notice 'Salt Lake City' dot missing from final-so-product :embarrassed:
Every one of the dots from the World Circuit map "teaser" is accounted for by a circuit in the game at launch.

There's no "missing" one, however the dot labelled as Salt Lake City moved down to southern California and is the location of Special Stage Route X.

1660487032052.png

1660487208319.png

1660487139007.png

That aside, what track which hosts IMSA events do you think the "Salt Lake City" dot would be?

Speaking of IMSA liveries, it's not just the Ford GT GTLM. Although having the GT number board, the Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F is a thing.
Lexus_RC_F_GT3_%2717_%28GT7%2C_Variation%29.jpg

Then again that's not necessarily a sign of anything, as we also have a Blancpain/GTWC Black Falcon Mercedes AMG GT GT3. And I doubt that GT will be partnering with the GTWC anytime soon.
Mercedes-AMG_GT3_'16_(GT7,_Variation).jpg

Last edited:
I know IMSA is the successor to AMLS, so, I would like PD to take advantage and bring the iconic BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01. It would be an awesome addition to Gr.3.

Last edited:
I know IMSA is the successor to AMLS, so, I would like PD to take advantage and bring the iconic BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01. It would be an awesome addition to Gr.3.
Especially considering that it was so good, that it was actually banned from competing in the following season.

Last edited:
Bits that are actively worked on usually displays, including cars.
I don't doubt your words, but if what you're saying is true, then the Maserati A6GCS would have also been leaked in that list that was made public a while back, which wasn't the case (But I could be wrong and it might have been leaked elsewhere). So I wouldn't entirely exclude that there's something we don't know about being worked on.

I don't doubt your words, but if what you're saying is true, then the Maserati A6GCS would have also been leaked in that list that was made public a while back, which wasn't the case (But I could be wrong and it might have been leaked elsewhere). So I wouldn't entirely exclude that there's something we don't know about being worked on.
Which list are we speaking about?
Regardless, it was in the game.

Last edited:
Which list are we speaking about?
Regardless, it was in the game.
The one with the codenames with around 70-80 cars, HSG Automotive has made a very good video about it.
Still, I got the answer I needed and I have no doubt we won't be seeing anything IMSA related in the near future, as you've previously said. Maybe something by the end of the year?

Back