Gran Turismo is Sponsoring an Audi DTM Race Car (But It's Probably Not Heading to the Game)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 15, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Huh, didn't even know Harrison Newey was gonna be in DTM. When did this happen? Could've sworn he was gonna be in ELMS, unless I have completely mistaken him with someone else.

Also:

Screenshot_20200715-161452_Chrome.jpg

As much I would agree with this caution of Warning, you know people are gonna ignore it because it seems like it's an unofficial tradition at this point that if a car has Gran Turismo on it, that means its "Totally confirmed, guys"

3. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

Pretty sure DTM is exclusive to RaceRoom

L8 Apex likes this.
  4. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Like that's gonna stop speculation. If Twitter has taught me anything, it's that common sense and logic are not trendy things right now.

JayRS200, sesven, Quakebass and 7 others like this.
  5. Tetraturbo

Tetraturbo

Man I sure wish we lived in a world without exclusive contracts, wouldn't have too much profit but that's just my utopy

6. Unknown GT

Unknown GT

We live in a world of exclusivity and contracts, this is ridiculous but unfortunately it exists... It will only be a dream to play Super GT v DTM on a Gran Turismo game, pff.

7. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

When Ed Jones couldn't get out of Dubai to get to the Spa test last week.

8. zeptrans

zeptrans

Yep, drivers have their own sponsors.
    The car wears sponsors of the team and sponsors of the different drivers of the car.

9. Castrol96

Castrol96

Can Imagine HSG saying this is coming in the next update

10. danimac

danimac

I’d love any cars with GT sponsorship to come to the next game or current game even, that would be so cool. But yeah doesn’t mean they will come just because they got Gran Turismo on their car.

I’ve seen PlayStation 4 on one of the Formula E cars last year and this year in the Austrian F3 race there was a car with PS4 on the side. I think I seen it when they crashed in the wet.

I’d love if any of these cars could make it to anyone of my PS4/PS5 racing games but they probably won’t. Maybe Sony should make that a deal put car in games and we’ll sponsor you. :D

Auto motors likes this.
  11. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

HSG: DTM cars coming to GT Sport

But in more serious news:

https://www.autosport.com/dtm/news/149182/audi-to-quit-dtm-at-the-end-of-2020

I believe the rot set in when Mercedes withdrew and Aston Martin (of all companies) went to successfully fail to fill in the void.

So in that regard that leaves BMW which means dtm is kind of... dead?

12. MroczMR

MroczMR

Too bad it is not likely. I would love to see DTM cars as Group 2 additions.

13. SCRacing2017

SCRacing2017

It ain't coming to the game because of course it isn't.
    If that Audi was a frickin' Toyota, they would at least consider it. -_-

JayRS200 and NitrogenQL like this.
  14. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

DTM Boss Berger is considering switching to GT3. This means there is still hope for the DTM.

15. Vinylshark

Vinylshark

We already have a successful German GT3 series with the ADAC GT Masters. Switching DTM to another GT3 series seems rather "dumb" to me. Imo if they want to save the DTM they should look over to England and try to copy the BTCC.

05XR8 likes this.
  16. mickoafna

mickoafna

That's what I would love to see in GT7. An entire line (past and present) of DTM cars.

Fingers crossed!

JayRS200 and Animedeaf like this.
  17. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

I think the difference here are private teams with pros and amateurs (GTMasters) vs. factory backed GT3s with only pro drivers and no driver swap. At least in theory. The question is if any GT3 manufacturers are willing to back this idea.

18. Calmlity

Calmlity

Is that car picture real or digital graphic? Pretty like cars in Gran Turismo game.

19. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

I've also heard rumors they are waiting for the IMSA DPi rules to be finalized with the FIA. Though if they struggle to draw 10 cars in the U.S., I cannot imagine them drawing more in Europe. DTM shot themselves in the foot with the aero race that drove out the privateer entries.

20. 05XR8

05XR8

DTM definitely should go back to production based cars.

21. Baliwa

Baliwa Premium

Render, livery designer usually use Keyshot for presentation.

Calmlity likes this.
  22. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

There is already ADAC TCR which has been Germany's main touring car championship for a few years. It's too short notice for DTM to switch to NGTC rules because the cars would all need building. GT3 makes more sense for 2021 because the manufacturers all have cars ready to go at short notice and independent teams can boost numbers.

23. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

would be cool, hopefully its in GT7, I was really disappointed we did not get the Senna content (mainly the F3 car) from GT6 and the LMP2 car plus delta wings too, why did we not get these race cars in GTSport

JayRS200 likes this.
  24. adam46

adam46

Interesting to see Harrison carrying Joe Macari’s branding, seeing as Mr. Macari and Adrian have a fairly extensive history of racing together, including at Le Mans!