Gran Turismo is Sponsoring an Audi DTM Race Car (But It's Probably Not Heading to the Game)

Huh, didn't even know Harrison Newey was gonna be in DTM. When did this happen? Could've sworn he was gonna be in ELMS, unless I have completely mistaken him with someone else.

Also:

Screenshot_20200715-161452_Chrome.jpg

As much I would agree with this caution of Warning, you know people are gonna ignore it because it seems like it's an unofficial tradition at this point that if a car has Gran Turismo on it, that means its "Totally confirmed, guys"

We live in a world of exclusivity and contracts, this is ridiculous but unfortunately it exists... It will only be a dream to play Super GT v DTM on a Gran Turismo game, pff.

Huh, didn't even know Harrison Newey was gonna be in DTM. When did this happen? Could've sworn he was gonna be in ELMS, unless I have completely mistaken him with someone else.
When Ed Jones couldn't get out of Dubai to get to the Spa test last week.

Yep, drivers have their own sponsors.
The car wears sponsors of the team and sponsors of the different drivers of the car.

I’d love any cars with GT sponsorship to come to the next game or current game even, that would be so cool. But yeah doesn’t mean they will come just because they got Gran Turismo on their car.

I’ve seen PlayStation 4 on one of the Formula E cars last year and this year in the Austrian F3 race there was a car with PS4 on the side. I think I seen it when they crashed in the wet.

I’d love if any of these cars could make it to anyone of my PS4/PS5 racing games but they probably won’t. Maybe Sony should make that a deal put car in games and we’ll sponsor you. :D

DTM Boss Berger is considering switching to GT3. This means there is still hope for the DTM.
We already have a successful German GT3 series with the ADAC GT Masters. Switching DTM to another GT3 series seems rather "dumb" to me. Imo if they want to save the DTM they should look over to England and try to copy the BTCC.

We already have a successful German GT3 series with the ADAC GT Masters. Switching DTM to another GT3 series seems rather "dumb" to me. Imo if they want to save the DTM they should look over to England and try to copy the BTCC.

I think the difference here are private teams with pros and amateurs (GTMasters) vs. factory backed GT3s with only pro drivers and no driver swap. At least in theory. The question is if any GT3 manufacturers are willing to back this idea.

DTM Boss Berger is considering switching to GT3. This means there is still hope for the DTM.

I've also heard rumors they are waiting for the IMSA DPi rules to be finalized with the FIA. Though if they struggle to draw 10 cars in the U.S., I cannot imagine them drawing more in Europe. DTM shot themselves in the foot with the aero race that drove out the privateer entries.

There is already ADAC TCR which has been Germany's main touring car championship for a few years. It's too short notice for DTM to switch to NGTC rules because the cars would all need building. GT3 makes more sense for 2021 because the manufacturers all have cars ready to go at short notice and independent teams can boost numbers.

would be cool, hopefully its in GT7, I was really disappointed we did not get the Senna content (mainly the F3 car) from GT6 and the LMP2 car plus delta wings too, why did we not get these race cars in GTSport

Interesting to see Harrison carrying Joe Macari’s branding, seeing as Mr. Macari and Adrian have a fairly extensive history of racing together, including at Le Mans!

Back