Gran Turismo is "Taking on New Challenges", says Kazunori Yamauchi

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 132 comments
You don't mention that while you are still selling the current game. And you do not mention the length of support for that game either, especially when it is connected to the support for its content. Buy GT7, because our new game will be out in 2 years time! :rolleyes:

For me, the slow down of additional content each month, even compared to GT Sport, is an indication that they are working on the next game. Whether that will be on the PS5 or Sony's next console is anyone's guess. I personally think the next game only being on the PS5 would be a very hard sell. Without an increase in the technology of what a new console brings, what would they next GT offer over GT7 with the same technology running it. Seemingly gone are the days of significant software improvements during the lifetime of a console. Is the PS5 offering a massive difference to most GT players than GT7 on PS4!
I think GT7 is more hamstrung by the fact of cross play and release on the PS4 than the strengths or weakness of the PS5, So no it not offering a massive difference and will not as long cross play is part of it.

If we would have Forza, AC, Project cars(rip), GT and one more new on PS battling for sales and active players things would be very different as you would be forced to deliver what players want or the'll go elsewhere.
Differnt players like different things...and it would be very depressing, if all the games just offer the same and just that, what a majority of the players like...

For example: if the majority of the players(let's say 65%) like only new racing cars, then it would be quite depressing for the other 35% when all the companies battle each other, to give those 65% percent what they want...

It is good, when there are different racing games out there, but only as long they don't try to do the same...

Cool. So to meet my expectation I just want a few small things ya. N line Hyundai’s. I30 hatch, Sedan maybe the 4WD electric that goes fake vroom and more races that earn big money for grinding. Cheers and Merry Christmas. 😁🎄

And what is the purpose of reaching this goal ?
I’ll hazard a few guesses

• more revenue / money for the franchise
  • more perks and opportunities to meet car manufacturers and make relationships in general for PD, Sony or Kaz personally

He does seem to have a personal interest in them, why exactly isn’t clear. Maybe he used to want to become a car designer or industrial designer? We can only guess. I must say interviews with him are usually very boring. Either the questions are uninteresting or his answers generic. Like an AI bot. He has much to tell yet uses vague language often and doesn’t express much opinion or talk about anecdotes. He comes across as really plain, which is very odd for somebody of his stature. I wonder how much is lost in translation also.

Last edited:
One of the things that really p's me off is when they bring a new car, or should I say vehicle, is that they bring one version of that type of vehicle, and least bring two for some variety and racing opportunity's. If you bring an ambulance, bring at least two different option. Try something different, but two or more matched options.
This is the problem, and it's not just limited to VGTs, Cars are often released with no "rival" into the game, Toyota Gr10, is s huge example of this and a bop buff it still can't compete in the Gr1 class, which is no real surprise,

Update Cars with the odd exceptions throughout GTS and now GT7 don't seem to have any logic or plan around them, If you doing a GTP car do 3 of them or none at all,

mef

• more perks and opportunities to meet car manufacturers and make relationships in general for PD, Sony or Kaz personally

He does seem to have a personal interest in them, why exactly isn’t clear. Maybe he used to want to become a car designer or industrial designer? We can only guess. I must say interviews with him are usually very boring. Either the questions are uninteresting or his answers generic. Like an AI bot. He has much to tell yet uses vague language often and doesn’t express much opinion or talk about anecdotes. He comes across as really plain, which is very odd for somebody of his stature. I wonder how much is lost in translation also.
mef

IMG_5654.gif

mef

Tbh I'm enjoying gt7 overall... love it tbh.

But... and as you say, perhaps stuff lost in translation... I can't forget comment from him in a letter to fans/players near beginning when people kicked off about state of the game,around how he didn't want people to Grind the game, using the same slightly more generous races...over and over. think it was that rally race that was people worked out as best return per hour?

So what exactly did he think he delivered by reducing the payout on that... providing the big 3 or 4 that many use over and over?

Like I say I love the game tbh... vr2 certainly breathed life at a point where I had moved onto other games, and likeky never returned if not for it, but that statement/stance always struck me as odd, and I'm surprised no one has questioned him on that since... to best of my knowledge.

Clearly they can see volume for each event, which anyone woukd expect. So why make that statement... odd imo.

He's basically been able to get away with something that blatantly contradicts his 'emotional' letter, that clearly hasn't addressed one of the main gripes fans of the series, gt7 have.

I don't really pay attention to devs, owners in game world much anyway, but on this alone I'd have a hard time taking anything he says seriously in future, on the odd occasion I read something from him.

Last edited:
Perhaps the "Jack-all-Trades-Master-of-None" approach is what's currently wrong with GT? It needs to focus on one or two specific things, as it had used to. It makes for a better game when you do one thing and you do it well.

I think Kaz doesn't personally play GT7 on a controller, if he did, he'd conclude it's still a bit of a chore more than a rush.
With all assists off... The tyre model feels ancient, still. Front-engine rear driven cars have an understeer that's near impossible to tune out. Thankfully RR cars like porsches are better to drive, probably because he loves his own porsche IRL.. but still. I'm hoping Kaz understands that a more forgiving tyre model is the way to go now, and that the game is updated accordingly, long before the end of support. The physics are already much deeper and complex than GT Sport could be, so all that's left is to work on the tyre model, and smooth out all the edges, so to speak.

The bones and structure is there for a fun game, it's almost there, but it's missing the polished physics and a few things here and there. It would need nothing short of a Spec III update to make the game good again for many. Shouldn't be too hard with that nice stream of MTX money... Question is how long do we wait. Kaz seems to be thinking long-term but at the detriment of many in the now. As with previous GT games, by the time Kaz has fixed up the game, the majority of people would have lost interest and moved on. Though if his target audience is Japanese players living in internet cafes, he's doing just fine. as the Japanese love honoring long term business relationships with each other, no matter who's at fault. Takata Airbag situation with Honda etc springs to mind

Last edited:
Speaking of hate that's all there is around here .

Funny you spend 70 dollars on a game then you play 18 hours a day then make comments online droning one for days about how much you hate the game you bought then you sit there for 80 hours a week living in your sim chair doing nothing else with your life but hating and complaining and playing gt7 then cry about it online

Here's a challenge for you sell the game and take the hate elsewhere

I hate the oldies who plaster this site going on an on about a car or the internet or a scape or a rubber band talking about how terrible it is

I'm like look over there it's iracing please leave so i have more server space

Can't even come on here to read about my favorite game without reading 79 billion comments about how terrible some stip1d scape is or a vgt

Hell even on the daily race discussion or time trial threads it's the same thing

Oh whoa was me oh horrible kaz muh update muh vgt whine whine whine

This is the problem, and it's not just limited to VGTs, Cars are often released with no "rival" into the game, Toyota Gr10, is s huge example of this and a bop buff it still can't compete in the Gr1 class, which is no real surprise,

Update Cars with the odd exceptions throughout GTS and now GT7 don't seem to have any logic or plan around them, If you doing a GTP car do 3 of them or none at all,
On the topic of rival cars, I was eventually going to make a post of my personal rival car pairings that I use to compete against eachother for Nurburgring lap times. Some real life rivals, some imagined but it makes it interesting. I agree it makes no sense to add a car that has no reasonable opponent to race against. It just points out there is no rhyme or reason to the cars they add.

Funny you spend 70 dollars on a game then you play 18 hours a day then make comments online droning one for days about how much you hate the game you bought then you sit there for 80 hours a week living in your sim chair doing nothing else with your life but hating and complaining and playing gt7 then cry about it online
Don't be so pissed off. No need to build a ridiculous strawman.

And take 2 seconds to think about it, why would people keep complaining if they are not deeply invested in this game ? People who hate the game don't come on this forum (or only once and then leave).

I hate the oldies who plaster this site going on an on about a car or the internet or a scape or a rubber band talking about how terrible it is

Can't even come on here to read about my favorite game without reading 79 billion comments about how terrible some stip1d scape is or a vgt

Hell even on the daily race discussion or time trial threads it's the same thing

Didn't expect that kind of post from someone who calls themselves "pd hater".

What is your product: we make a game that combines car culture and drivability with high grade esports level racing.

Best features; cars that cost players of actual time.

Volumetric clouds...an awesome sky box

Cool can I turn the skybox off and drive an F1? No you needs the money mate.

It's a game of polished half ass. I mean this objectively the VR is good, but can you afford VR and the legends cars?

Can you play chase the rabbit for countless races over and over and over again to get a Ferrari p330? I mean we do.

I play online so at least my chase the rabbit is a bit better in that I can just do better to get closer to the front.

I dunno I've put and will put a metric f tonne of effort into this game but something isn't quite right.

I really hope the livery and photo loving peeps are getting more out of this than me tbh.

Don't confuse hate with frustration.

Hot take: buying/earning freak cars and tuning them to be even freakier Fast to then pwn NPCs was a big part of gt's charm. Then online arrived and the Team fortressification killed by sticking the PP on everything and making it more balanced. V12 that can make 1kHP? That's too bad you need to be as fast as the four cylinder coupe.

I think Kaz doesn't personally play GT7 on a controller, if he did, he'd conclude it's still a bit of a chore more than a rush.
With all assists off... The tyre model feels ancient, still. Front-engine rear driven cars have an understeer that's near impossible to tune out. Thankfully RR cars like porsches are better to drive, probably because he loves his own porsche IRL.. but still. I'm hoping Kaz understands that a more forgiving tyre model is the way to go now, and that the game is updated accordingly, long before the end of support. The physics are already much deeper and complex than GT Sport could be, so all that's left is to work on the tyre model, and smooth out all the edges, so to speak.
Playing GT7 on a controller is not a chore.

Back