• 88 comments

Zuel

United Sports Car Champ
(Banned)
United States
Burke, Fairfax,
GTP_STRIKER
Xbox SUCKS
I got a call from my buddy today and he told me of the sighting of Gran Turismo members at Miller Motor Sports Park. They were taking pictures of the track, talking with track owner as well speaking with all ALMS Teams and Team Principals at this weekend test before next weeks race. If they happen to be at the race on 05/17/09 we might see some or all the ALMS cars in GT5. If that’s the case then we’ll see a lot more racing series cars in GT5. :dopey::cheers:

Wow this is great, thanks for the news Zuel 👍

I dont see why they would choose Miller Motorsports Park, which is a rather new track, over great North American tracks like Indy, road atlanta, road america, sebring, mid ohio, long beach etc etc.

But they could end up including them all.. 96 tracks does not sound that far fetched inow

as for the cars, i hope we see the Lemans Ferrari GT2 and Panoz GT2 cars, as well as the P2 Acura and mazdas. oh and the lmp1 acura

Shant J. the Corvette C6-R is already in GT5 it’s just masked as the Corvette Tuned Z06. Earth if you watch the end move you’ll see a half graph of Miller along with a number North American tracks. In the middle of the graph maps section there is a portion that shows a number of tracks at once I counted 15 in total. If some one can get a still shot of that one segment hopefully we can get an idea of what new tracks may be added. Other than the ones we see in the GT5 Weather tracker for tracks.

The tuned Corvette in GT5P is far from the C6-R, it is just a tuned Z06.

Shant J. the Corvette C6-R is already in GT5 it’s just masked as the Corvette Tuned Z06. Earth if you watch the end move you’ll see a half graph of Miller along with a number North American tracks. In the middle of the graph maps section there is a portion that shows a number of tracks at once I counted 15 in total. If some one can get a still shot of that one segment hopefully we can get an idea of what new tracks may be added. Other than the ones we see in the GT5 Weather tracker for tracks.

What a hilariously factless post. Please continue. This is almost YouTube caliber.
It is a C6 Z06 with aero parts and whatever they added for the horsepower boost (seeing that it is a video game, they just added "horsepower" with the power of videogames).

Yes and no the Z06 but if you look at the current C6-R you'll see that thier both very close in ever aspect.

How credible is your friend? I mean, could it be guys from Forza, Need for Speed... Does he knows GT stuff?

Also, please call him and ask for more details, could be some news for us!

Yes and no the Z06 but if you look at the current C6-R you'll see that thier both very close in ever aspect.

Regardless, they aren't the same car. You can look at an E30 318i and an E30 M3 and notice some similarities between (which is limited to the bodywork, same as the Z06 compared with the C6.R). But guess what! The 318i and M3 are miles apart mechanically. The 318 is still a crappy economy car, whereas the M3 is a lightweight sportscar that can keep up with modern lightweight sportcars on a local track.

A tuned Z06 =/= a C6.R.

Last edited:
How credible is your friend? I mean, could it be guys from Forza, Need for Speed... Does he knows GT stuff?

Also, please call him and ask for more details, could be some news for us!

The credibility of my friend in right on we’ve known each other for almost 30 years. We meet while karting in Tucson Az. and when is comes to anything dealing in motor sports I’ll take his word. I shall do that

He doesn’t know any GT stuff but he does work for Michelin Tires. That's why he was at the track.

It took my friend some digging but I got some info. He confirms that some members of the Gran Turismo Team were present at Miller talking with teams and getting data. He won’t confirm what data was gained. Acura LP1, LP2, Mazda LP2, Peugeot LP1 as well and tire manufactures present spoke with GT. Other teams he will not be confirmed buy him. One of the reasons why the GT Team was taking pictures on the track to due to Miller had improvements as well new sections added to the track since its grand opening. I asked him to keep out for any one from the GT Team the weekend of the event. Soon as I get any info I’ll post it right away.

you've known the guy 30 years and he won't confirm what data was gained or other teams?
wow, the man doesn't really like you does he? :sly: haha jk

but thanks for the heads up all the same mate, any info is appreciated.

Doesn't it seem a bit late for PD to be adding tracks at this point now though

Downloadable content?

Seems the most likely to me. It fits with what Amar 'told' us about there being two versions of Gran Turismo.

Either way this is great news, I have a soft spot for LMP's.

good point about the DLC, but the changes to the track like the OP said might just be used to make alterations to the track originally in.

either way, good to know PD still hard at it

It took my friend some digging but I got some info. He confirms that some members of the Gran Turismo Team were present at Miller talking with teams and getting data. He won’t confirm what data was gained. Acura LP1, LP2, Mazda LP2, Peugeot LP1 as well and tire manufactures present spoke with GT. .

That's funny because I thought Peugeot was only scheduled to run Sebring, Petit Le Mans and Monterey for 2009. They could have added another date... I guess?

It took my friend some digging but I got some info. He confirms that some members of the Gran Turismo Team were present at Miller talking with teams and getting data. He won’t confirm what data was gained. Acura LP1, LP2, Mazda LP2, Peugeot LP1 as well and tire manufactures present spoke with GT. Other teams he will not be confirmed buy him.
Peugeot were at the Spa 1000km this weekend. I find it hard to believe they were testing at Miller Motorsports Park at the same time. They also haven't confirmed they'll be at the ALMS round at Miller.

Autosport
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73203
Peugeot Sport director Olivier Quesnel said: "Our busy test programme notably includes endurance simulation tests at a variety of circuits, and we will take part in two races upstream of Le Mans which will serve as full-scale dress rehearsals for everyone in the team.

"We have consequently chosen to compete in March's 12 Hours of Sebring, which is the opening round of the American Le Mans Series, with two cars and six drivers," he added.

"We will then take three cars in Belgium for the 1,000km of Spa- Francorchamps in May (8-10). We haven't yet decided what our programme after the Le Mans 24 Hours will be.

This whole story doesn't hold any water for me.

Peugeot were at the Spa 1000km this weekend. I find it hard to believe they were testing at Miller Motorsports Park at the same time. They also haven't confirmed they'll be at the ALMS round at Miller.

This whole story doesn't hold any water for me.

Good digging.

I am far too gullible for my own good. :indiff:

:idea:Daan, Stev use your heads and read the post again.💡 IT was a test before the race weekend at Miller any team could have been there testing cars and tires. Peugeot raced and won in Spa yes, if you ever dealt with race teams or been with a team, never mind you two believe or think what ever you want. Just use your heads and think of the caliber of these race teams their not just going to have TWO cars in the stable, TWO to FOUR drivers on the teams.

:banghead:🤬:irked::gtpflag:

:idea:Daan, Stev use your heads and read the post again.💡 IT was a test before the race weekend at Miller any team could have been there testing cars and tires. Peugeot raced and won in Spa yes, if you ever dealt with race teams or been with a team, never mind you two believe or think what ever you want. Just use your heads and think of the caliber of these race teams their not just going to have TWO cars in the stable, TWO to FOUR drivers on the teams.

I did read it, thanks. I also know about race teams and testing.

There are at least 3 908HDis in existence, but they're not going to be racing in Europe and testing in Utah at the same time, in this economic climate, when they're not even running in the ALMS.

You may also want to re-read, and re-type, your post as it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I did read it, thanks. I also know about race teams and testing.

There are at least 3 908HDis in existence, but they're not going to be racing in Europe and testing in Utah at the same time, in this economic climate, when they're not even running in the ALMS.

You may also want to re-read, and re-type, your post as it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Saved me typing out a big wordy response. :P

Wouldn't want to have to be able to use my head now would I Zuel? :dunce:

All we need now is someone to spot GT guys at some DTM,Aussie V8s venues and we are sorted. as long as we get more than one car this time too!!

Saved me typing out a big wordy response. :P

Wouldn't want to have to be able to use my head now would I Zuel? :dunce:

LOL Stev your great. I need to buy you a beer...

Alright people I’ll have more info buy 12:00am EST. time. You can take the info as you like.

Alright people I’ll have more info buy 12:00am EST. time. You can take the info as you like.

I always appreciate people trying t gather some info. I'll wait for your posts, i hope your friend gives us some good details:tup:

Back